Vintage SOTD Thread for December 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 13, 2020
Friday, December 31
OFdQvhT.jpg

Antica Barbieria Colla~~Rubberset 400/3~~Feather AC/Super Professional~~Vintage YSL M7

Happy New Year to all!

MisterK

Basenotes Dependent
Dec 22, 2003
Which one? I've sampled the vintage (big "W") and today, coincidentally, I have a blue-capped bottle arriving (second version, made in England; blind bought).
Its the blue capped one, made in England. Unfortunately I haven't tried the older version of Worth or the Haute Concentrate. I hear a lot of great things about the older version, so maybe ignorance is bliss (I rather like the newer version I have).

LiveJazz

Funky fresh
Basenotes Plus
Mar 16, 2006
Rochas Femme, the last of my sample.

I think this is a reference fruity chypre, up there with Mitsouko, but the spices and fruit used make it absolutely perfect for winter. Wearing it is a joy right now.

May need a bottle, or at least a large decant. I would wear this a lot.

nosey74

Basenotes Dependent
Aug 30, 2014
No, but it's not supposed to. Offerings:
Worth Pour Homme (big "W," made in France); Worth Pour Homme (blue capped, made in England, this one); Worth Haute Concentration (blue capped, paisley box), and Worth Pour Homme Haute Concentration (gold capped, made in England, TERRIBLE.).
Never tried the Pour Homme big W or the Worth Pour Homme (blue capped, made in England).

I have a mini of Worth Haute Concentration (blue capped, paisley box).

I actually didn't mind the Worth Pour Homme Haute Concentration (gold capped, made in England).

Professor Value

Basenotes Junkie
Feb 5, 2019
Never tried the Pour Homme big W or the Worth Pour Homme (blue capped, made in England).

I have a mini of Worth Haute Concentration (blue capped, paisley box).

I actually didn't mind the Worth Pour Homme Haute Concentration (gold capped, made in England).
Really?! I've read nothing but poor reviews. It's good to hear a positive one. What's it like?

Professor Value

Basenotes Junkie
Feb 5, 2019
Ok so I just put on paisley Worth on left hand and gold capped Worth on right hand.

Paisley Worth is stronger, richer, smokier/ashier and fuller. Gold capped Worth is brighter with perhaps light citruses up top.
That paisley Worth is very nice; definitely in my favorite mossy neighborhood. If I didn't already have several bottles in that category, I'd add HC to them.

nosey74

Basenotes Dependent
Aug 30, 2014
That paisley Worth is very nice; definitely in my favorite mossy neighborhood. If I didn't already have several bottles in that category, I'd add HC to them.
You know I don't get a lot of moss with the paisley version; I wonder if mine went bad or something? The paisley version gives me a lot of cigarette smoke and ashtray and leather.

lyxMeka.jpg
5ZCdVMj.jpg

PStoller

I’m not old, I’m vintage.
Basenotes Plus
Aug 1, 2019
Paisley (blue-cap) and "Big W" Worth pour Homme are very similar, as I recall, and the paisley HC blue-cap is exactly as advertised, a higher concentration of the regular. The gold-cap was a major departure. I haven't tried the later blue-box WpH. I have a 200ml bottle of the Big W stuff, though, so I figure I'm set.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News