Oct 25, 2007
Creed Vetiver EDT

1638329370255-jpeg.176912
Great way to start December! :)

Cook.bot

Flâneuse
Basenotes Plus
Jan 6, 2012
Monsieur Rochas, Rochas. 1969. Guy Robert.

Another of those sweet little travel kits that you're developing quite a collection of. 💝

When I was a kid I had a powerful attraction to anything that described itself as a "kit". I sent away for magic trick kits, chemistry kits, ant farm kits, sewing kits, model building kits, painting kits, greeting card sales kits... if it had "kit" in its name and came in its own specialized container, I wanted it.

I guess I've never really grown out of it, because I'm still drawn to perfume coffrets that describe themselves as kits. My most coveted Eau d'Hermes item is this travel kit that I've never actually seen for sale in the wild, only in archival pictures:

EauDhermes-voyageDuo_bottles2.jpg EauDhermes-voyageDuo_bottles3.jpg EauDhermes-voyageDuo_box.jpg

I fantasize that the gold-capped bottle is the mythical "Grande Eau d'Hermes", one of the long-lost Roudnitska creations.

Jean-Sté

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Jan 1, 2021
Another of those sweet little travel kits that you're developing quite a collection of. 💝

When I was a kid I had a powerful attraction to anything that described itself as a "kit". I sent away for magic trick kits, chemistry kits, ant farm kits, sewing kits, model building kits, painting kits, greeting card sales kits... if it had "kit" in its name and came in its own specialized container, I wanted it.

I guess I've never really grown out of it, because I'm still drawn to perfume coffrets that describe themselves as kits. My most coveted Eau d'Hermes item is this travel kit that I've never actually seen for sale in the wild, only in archival pictures:

View attachment 176943 View attachment 176944 View attachment 176945

I fantasize that the gold-capped bottle is the mythical "Grande Eau d'Hermes", one of the long-lost Roudnitska creations.
Totally agree with you. It's been a few months I'm searching for vintage After-shaves corresponding to the Eaux de toilette I already have. Sometimes comes a "kit" as you say, and if the price is correct, it's a no-brainer to me, because of the kit itself, but because I know I will enjoy it twice: first after shaving, and then when spraying Eau de toilette a few hours later.
I must admit that when I buy a vintage scent, it's obviously because of the scent, but I know I'm also buying a part of times long gone...a time when those kits were made and used, which is no longer true.

Dec 28, 2018
I wonder if this bottle is from 1993 ; I may be wrong but it's probably older as it' an atomizer and not a natural spray ...
Interesting thought, thanks.
I'm going by the batch code 39100, which checkcosmetic.net has at 1993, but checkfresh has at 2020 (code repeated every 10 years).
I don't know about dating by atomiser v natural spray.
Any help would be much appreciated.
Superb dry-down on this by the way.

Jean-Sté

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Jan 1, 2021
Interesting thought, thanks.
I'm going by the batch code 39100, which checkcosmetic.net has at 1993, but checkfresh has at 2020 (code repeated every 10 years).
I don't know about dating by atomiser v natural spray.
Any help would be much appreciated.
Superb dry-down on this by the way.
Atomizers were made before natural sprays.

Varanis Ridari

The Scented Devil
Basenotes Plus
Oct 17, 2012
IMG_20210322_165030_404.jpg

Chanel pour Monsieur (1955)

Some people complain about the performance on this, but I find it to be -just the right amount- of scent when I want a subtle clean trail without getting my skull caved in with oakmoss or ambroxan sledgehammers.

Sometimes I get sinus headaches when I wear too many 80's powerhouses or 21st century "bangers" you know.

The oft-repeated "less is more" definitely hold true here. Henri Robert, love him or hate him, knew what he was onto when he made this, and never saw fit to try replacing or concentrating it; Polge ultimately did that for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News