Status
Not open for further replies.

hednic

Basenotes Institution
Oct 25, 2007
SOTE: Bel Ami by Hermes

1661883283716.png

Jul 9, 2021
Ooo, I have always wanted one of those golden twiggy parfum atomizers. I almost never see them for sale. Jealous!
😃 A mere coincidence, Cook.bot, I stumbled upon a lot of fragrances who belonged to a French collector with a penchant for leathers. I got the edt as well.🙂
lot of fragrances = fragrance lot 😜sorry, english is sometimes complicated

Last edited:

nosey74

Basenotes Dependent
Aug 30, 2014
Check out this bottle. It came from some lady's dads cupboard. I purchased it with a 60ml Patou Pour Homme 1982, and another 50ml splash Kouros EDT 1984, this one looks like a 1981. no serial no. check out the strange grinding mark on the back of the bottle... something removed. This one is definitely not for little boys!
View attachment 282251
View attachment 282252
View attachment 282253
I’m going to assume someone scratched off the word “TESTER” as shown in a picture of my bottle below.

918634AC-2F06-4721-B384-DDE321412AB4.jpg

PStoller

I’m not old, I’m vintage.
Basenotes Plus
Aug 1, 2019
2574B422-547F-445A-86D1-82CB93D13F6F.jpeg

Coty - Preferred Stock (1955)

Not to be confused with the 1990 fragrance of the same name (which I confess I have not tried). This one is a bit of citrus and a lot of spice—cinnamon and cardamom, to my nose—over musk and (probably) oakmoss. Oh, and tonka.

Looking at the pyramid, it might not be all that different from the ’90s reboot after all; I have ordered some and will report back.

Last edited:

N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer

Retired
Basenotes Plus
Jul 1, 2011
Vintage Habit Rouge (edp), from a sample: Rose and powder appear. Like light filtering through tree boughs - present, delicate, but not breakable. Anchored by soft wood, vanilla and amber. It is sweet in the way a flower might smell - but not sugary or too much. Restrained. This is really nice and I understand the appeal.
Is this your favorite concentration for Habit Rouge? I personally prefer the EDC, I enjoy the aromatic feel that from that concentration.

Jul 9, 2021
SoTD
20220831_093149.jpg
Van Cleef & Arpels pour Homme (1978), Louis Monnet

I try minis of iconic fragrances with a good deal of scepticism. I consequently nurture a suspicion they might have been, say half full, and then diluted with some type of alcohol to be able to sell. This of course might hold true, at least it is plausible to consider the risk, for bigger splashes as well. I cannot be completely sure whether this particular mini has undergone such a brutal and impious treatment, but in the end the scent, to the best of my ability to judge, is legit. There’s a soft, warm and smooth, oriental-leaning rose fronting, concerting a rich, imperious and dark under-growth. Varanis Ridari’s hint to the parable of Nosferatu in his review is quite appropriate, me thinks.

Alex F.

Nov 29, 2019
SoTD
Van Cleef & Arpels pour Homme (1978), Louis Monnet

I try minis of iconic fragrances with a good deal of scepticism. I consequently nurture a suspicion they might have been, say half full, and then diluted with some type of alcohol to be able to sell. This of course might hold true, at least it is plausible to consider the risk, for bigger splashes as well. I cannot be completely sure whether this particular mini has undergone such a brutal and impious treatment, but in the end the scent, to the best of my ability to judge, is legit. There’s a soft, warm and smooth, oriental-leaning rose fronting, concerting a rich, imperious and dark under-growth. Varanis Ridari’s hint to the parable of Nosferatu in his review is quite appropriate, me thinks.

When I last smelled it, I thought it smelled like Antaeus with a spicy top. Neither of the two ranks very high on my list. 😬 Maybe it's time for a revisit. Ah, no I was thinking about Tsar. 🤦‍♂️ Pour homme is the musky-soapy one. More to my taste than Tsar. (y)

nosey74

Basenotes Dependent
Aug 30, 2014
Good point. But I have noticed most Tester bottles are a gloss finish to stop them getting grubby. The one I have is the mat finish retail bottle. Perhaps it said use with caution 🤣
If it’s not the word “tester” that’s been scratched off then it probably is the batch code. The original owner / retailer doesn’t want that bottle to be tracked back to him/her for various reasons like not being allowed to sell testers or selling overstock to a non-authorized source or not honoring minimum price markup restrictions, i.e. selling for less than allowed to, etc. Again just speculation and not necessarily fact.

Tea_Lilly

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Jun 4, 2022
Is this your favorite concentration for Habit Rouge? I personally prefer the EDC, I enjoy the aromatic feel that from that concentration.
Hi! This is my first time trying Habit Rouge (per your rec) and have only tried the EDP. I will definitely have to get a sample of the EDC and compare :D I had read that there was a difference - and appreciate your insight to know that is definitely the case. Thanks!

Redfish365

Basenotes Dependent
May 5, 2021
View attachment 283370

Coty - Preferred Stock (1955)

Not to be confused with the 1990 fragrance of the same name (which I confess I have not tried). This one is a bit of citrus and a lot of spice—cinnamon and cardamom, to my nose—over musk and (probably) oakmoss. Oh, and tonka.

Looking at the pyramid, it might not be all that different from the ’90s reboot after all; I have ordered some and will report back.
That's a very nice bottle. Beautiful!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perfumania - America's Leading Perfumery Chain!

Latest News

. .