Vintage SOTD Thread for August 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tea_Lilly

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Jun 4, 2022
Vetiver by Guerlain from a sample. I'm only about 25 minutes in, so I'll need to wait for the dry down - but wow - so far I absolutely love this. Citrus, vetiver, spices, a bit of wood - all so balanced and harmonious. I'm not getting the tobacco yet - but I'm getting some leather now, so perhaps the dry down is peeking through. This feels like an unfussy, contented, sunny fragrance - in a "I worked all day in my garden and I'm quite satisfied with how things turned out and now I'll have a cup of orange spice tea, in my favorite mug and sit outside with my dog" way. I will try my sample a few more times, but I think a bottle of this is in my future. Thanks @N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer for the recommend.

N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer

Retired
Basenotes Plus
Jul 1, 2011
Bowling Green
375x500.4604.jpg

Tea_Lilly

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Jun 4, 2022
Vintage Dior Diorling from a sample. Ah, vintage leather chypre. It's classy, buttery-smooth leather with a bit of fresh tobacco. I'm not getting much floral from this sample, just an occasional hint of orange. This reminds me of my vintage Cabochard parfum, but a bit softer. I will drink my tea, warm my hands on the stoneware mug, and enjoy this lovely fragrance.

motorcade

Basenotes Dependent
Dec 21, 2020
SotD: Captain Molyneux

Smells surprisingly different on the second time I'm wearing this. Still soapy, yes, but my nostrils are hit with a very dry, camphorous accord that gives Captain lots of character. It's an interesting composition, in that the Captain's bite is neither aldehydic nor animalic to my nose.

Molyneux - Captain Molyneux (20220708).jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News