Basenotes Plus
Dec 5, 2007
Dolce & Gabbana PH (Euroitalia).

OfGx3Q2.jpg

Tea_Lilly

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Jun 4, 2022
Jicky edp, modern, from a sample. Oh goodness, I both love and hate this one. At first, beautiful citrus (smells like lime to me), then.... body odor, then licorice, and lavender. But through it all - smelling strong body odor. I so get why the lovers love this and the haters hate this. So glad I tried it, though. I am also grateful to this community for helping me learn what I love and what I don't - and why. So thanks and have a lovely day.

Jean-Sté

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Jan 1, 2021
Day 1 of what I hope will be 3, if the break in the heat holds up that long:

Givenchy III (1970) by Ramond Chaillan

View attachment 274798
I think I could wear this one. I've smelled Cavale (Fabergé) yesterday, a green chypre, like Givenchy III I think. I wonder how far they can compare each other. I'll wear Cavale next week, in order to make my mind.

Cook.bot

Flâneuse
Basenotes Plus
Jan 6, 2012
I think I could wear this one. I've smelled Cavale (Fabergé) yesterday, a green chypre, like Givenchy III I think. I wonder how far they can compare to each other. I'll wear Cavale next week, in order to make my mind.

I haven't tried Cavale, but you definitely could wear GIII ! And it was so popular in its day that vintage bottles are still fairly plentiful.

Jean-Sté

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Jan 1, 2021
I haven't tried Cavale, but you definitely could wear GIII ! And it was so popular in its day that vintage bottles are still fairly plentiful.
Cavale's bottle, as Cavale (the juice) itself, seems to have been wrongly marketed for women. As many BN reviewers said about Cavale, we feel it could have been launched for men. I don't know if it should have been, though...
Here is the bottle and box. Definitely masculine, to me, or, at least, not very feminine.

EDIT Even the name: Cavale, meaning the run after a prisoner's escape...

CavaleBottleBox.JPG

Last edited:

Redfish365

Basenotes Dependent
May 5, 2021
Really curious about this one! What to expect?
Put simply it's super similar (to me, anyway) to Givenchy Xeryus. I adore Xeryus so this one is a winner to me too. It's somewhat sweet, spicy and smooth. No sharp edges. Its a fougere and I guess you'd call it a floral fougere... It undergoes some neat changes from top to bottom and is somewhat complex but not heavy.

Tea_Lilly

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Jun 4, 2022
What is it in Heritage EDP that you don't like of it?
It started out like smelling of cooking herbs/kitchen (I believe I was smelling some sage, citrus and spices) with an undercurrent of creamy amber musk and a dash of powder and woods - nice. However, if one smelled close to my skin there was an unpleasant earthy scent that was jarring - a bit like plant-based compost or the taste of a bad peanut. If I smelled from further away (as I would move through the house I would get a whiff) it smelled great - I couldn't smell the vegetable compost. This lasted for hours. Now, thankfully, I'm just left with a the remnants of a nice dry down. I didn't smell much distinct lavender or floral in it - but then it smelled like my kitchen to me and that's a lot of spices - including lavender. Note: I did shower immediately before applying the scent - I just think this scent reacts poorly to my skin.

Summary: Nice scent, but close up, a decomposing plant material scent intertwined with the nice kitchen/musk/woods scent.

I may get my husband to try to see how it smells on him.

Have a great evening/morning.

Jean-Sté

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Jan 1, 2021
Dimensione Uomo, Ciccarelli. 1977.

Layering After-shave with Acqua di Colonia.

One of those obscure scents worth buying, IMO. The After-shave is top quality; very green, it soothes and gives and impressive feeling of freshness. The Acqua di Colonia is much less green, much darker and dustier. Both are great.

DimensioneUomoBottle.JPG DimensioneUomoAfterShaveBottleBox.JPG DimensioneUomoBottleBox.JPG

Tea_Lilly

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Jun 4, 2022
Status
Not open for further replies.
Perfumania - America's Leading Perfumery Chain!

Latest News

. .