Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Dec 5, 2007
q55P28a.jpg

Cook.bot

Flâneuse
Basenotes Plus
Jan 6, 2012
But there were no complaints about Habanita so hopefully they like/tolerate this as well.

If you have a family that can tolerate Habanita, you need to hang onto them for dear life.

when I received this the other day, half the bottle had leaked out!

Aaarrrgggh! Hate it when that happens.

I came to this thread today hoping for inspiration on something to wear. I still don't feel motivated, so I guess the universe is telling me to go scentless today. Summer doldrums.

nosey74

Basenotes Dependent
Aug 30, 2014
If you have a family that can tolerate Habanita, you need to hang onto them for dear life.

Aaarrrgggh! Hate it when that happens.

I came to this thread today hoping for inspiration on something to wear. I still don't feel motivated, so I guess the universe is telling me to go scentless today. Summer doldrums.
Have you tried basenote’s random picker feature? It’s an option in your wardrobe.

Cook.bot

Flâneuse
Basenotes Plus
Jan 6, 2012
Have you tried basenote’s random picker feature? It’s an option in your wardrobe.

Not really an option in the heat of summer, when it could steer me toward a choke-out! :) However, problem solved: when in doubt, go with an old Dior.

Dior-Dior (1976) by Edmond Roudnitska

A discreet dab of parfum from one of the two gold-capped quarter-ounce bottles. In the depths of summer, a little overripe melon seems appropriate.

DiorDior_mine_April2020.jpg

It's a pure testament to Roudnitska's skill that the middle of this consists of my two most despised notes, muguet and narcissus, and yet I adore everything about this smell.

Tea_Lilly

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Jun 4, 2022
An infinite, well, sort of, collection of Caron's Infini from 1970s. These are all pretty early bottles, particularly the big PdT, but the pure parfum spray is probably the latest. Tonight wearing the parfum de toilette from the monster bottle. Looks back to a much earlier time, with its aldehydes and a mix of white florals, definite iris vibes too, over a very classic Caron base of musk, sandalwood and vetiver. It shares many of the notes and has touches of old Guerlain Vol de Nuit, but with far more old school aldehydes in the openning. I think I prefer Infini on balance as it is so unabashedly classic, poised, and coiffed, with not a hair out of place. Beautifully blended and very hard to pick apart all the notes. It struggled on with some less than stellar reformulations over the years, rather unloved , and eventually suffered the ultimate indignity of lending its name, but not its notes, to a new fruity floral in 2018. View attachment 274719
Love the information - I will have to check this one out (in vintage format). Thanks for sharing!

Jean-Sté

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Jan 1, 2021
An infinite, well, sort of, collection of Caron's Infini from 1970s. These are all pretty early bottles, particularly the big PdT, but the pure parfum spray is probably the latest. Tonight wearing the parfum de toilette from the monster bottle. Looks back to a much earlier time, with its aldehydes and a mix of white florals, definite iris vibes too, over a very classic Caron base of musk, sandalwood and vetiver. It shares many of the notes and has touches of old Guerlain Vol de Nuit, but with far more old school aldehydes in the openning. I think I prefer Infini on balance as it is so unabashedly classic, poised, and coiffed, with not a hair out of place. Beautifully blended and very hard to pick apart all the notes. It struggled on with some less than stellar reformulations over the years, rather unloved , and eventually suffered the ultimate indignity of lending its name, but not its notes, to a new fruity floral in 2018. View attachment 274719
I've never smelled this one, but your collection is beautiful !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News