V4O2yiD.jpg

Cook.bot

Flâneuse
Basenotes Plus
Jan 6, 2012
You are, because you asked who he was last November. 😉

I think I hate you a little bit.

No wonder he looked so familiar.

He’s a model named Gez Lyon. He appears to be virtually unknown outside this one ad campaign.

And I guess for some reason I'm determined that he remain unknown.

Tea_Lilly

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Jun 4, 2022
I don't know the scent (never smelled it), but I love its name.
I believe it is my current favorite perfume. To me it evokes a winter night alone in one's wood paneled study, surrounded by books, a beautiful floral centerpiece, warmed by a cosy fire, wrapped up in a soft blanket and sipping a mug of spice tea, watching the snow outside the window and hearing the snap of the fire. It is quiet, comforting joy.

I also like Parfum Sacre a lot - but I like Nuit de Noel more. Parfum Sacre is less floral and more resinous/incense based. Although I really enjoy both, I love the balance of Nuit de Noel a bit more.

Wishing you all good things today!

Cook.bot

Flâneuse
Basenotes Plus
Jan 6, 2012
Safari by Ralph Lauren

Kudos on your wisdom in wearing the female version rather than the male. It actually smells great on men.

Im ready for Autumn anyway and maybe somehow my wearing autumnal scents will help herald the best of the four seasons...)

From your lips to God's ears.

Cook.bot

Flâneuse
Basenotes Plus
Jan 6, 2012
I'm weekend syncing in:

Fidji (1966) by Josephine Catapano for Guy Laroche

Not as tropical as the name would imply, and a bit too far up the elegant-lady spectrum to be in my usual wheelhouse, but pretty admirable in the way it maintains its chypre structure, and has enough green galbanum to placate me. I think I originally bought it because of its backstory: ithe original formula was going to be the juice that eventually became Roudnitska's Le Parfum de Therese, but Laroche got cold feet after it had already gone into production, pulled the bottles and refilled them with Catapano's creation.

fidji.jpg

Jean-Sté

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Jan 1, 2021
I believe it is my current favorite perfume. To me it evokes a winter night alone in one's wood paneled study, surrounded by books, a beautiful floral centerpiece, warmed by a cosy fire, wrapped up in a soft blanket and sipping a mug of spice tea, watching the snow outside the window and hearing the snap of the fire. It is quiet, comforting joy.
You got me watching the scene as if I were there. Thanks a lot, Tea-Lily !

aero58

Basenotes Dependent
Jan 30, 2019
I own both Jicky and Mouchoir de Monsieur. I’m not planning to part with either.
This is on my "really want" list.
However...IF, it's too similar to Jicky, of which I own a vintage bottle, maybe I don't. Thoughts?
I own both as well and also don't plan to part with either. If I had to pick the significant differnce(s) between the two: MdM = more lavender, less vanilla than Jicky.

Redfish365

Basenotes Dependent
May 5, 2021
Captain Molyneux

Anyone know what version this is? I've had it a few years now, but the box is what's throwing me - it's different than the one pictured in the directory?

View attachment 274358
I wouldn't discount that box and bottle too quickly. I have 2 of the same box/bottle combinations and neither box has a bar code and both have only a very short ingredient list. Mine reads "Alcool, Parfum, Eau demineralisee." Both smell as good as other bottles of Captain Molyneux that I own or have owned and the performance is the same across the board.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News