Vintage Givenchy III Atomiseur, an enemy to the enviroment???

AlphaFrank75

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Jul 5, 2017
Well of course not, but while researching Givenchy III I came across what looks like an original spray bottle. As I was browsing the pictures I noticed that along with listing the contents, it included the gas used as a propellant which is now banned as an ozone depleting substance.
Givenchy3.jpg

Cook.bot

Common Lackey
Basenotes Plus
Jan 6, 2012
Yes, back in those days, those CFC gases were used, without speaking of butane...at least, CFC weren't flammable.

CFCs weren't flammable? Then why were we able to turn our pressurized hair sprays into makeshift blowtorches? (which we regularly did, as some teenage idea of fun)

Jean-Sté

Jan 1, 2021
CFCs weren't flammable? Then why were we able to turn our pressurized hair sprays into makeshift blowtorches? (which we regularly did, as some teenage idea of fun)

The hair spray is flammable; not the CFC. Or the hair spray was propelled by flammable gas (as butane).

According to their material safety data sheets, CFCs and HCFCs are colorless, volatile, non-toxic liquids and gases with a faintly sweet ethereal odor. Overexposure at concentrations of 11% or more may cause dizziness, loss of concentration, central nervous system depression or cardiac arrhythmia. Vapors displace air and can cause asphyxiation in confined spaces. Although non-flammable, their combustion products include hydrofluoric acid and related species.[47] Normal occupational exposure is rated at 0.07% and does not pose any serious health risks.[48]

Latest posts

Latest News