Vintage fragrance I bought today

Kakihara

Aug 3, 2005
I just got this cutie, and it's put me in a good mood. Eau D'Hermes may be my all-time favorite fragrance, and I've never tried this version.
586846739.jpg
It is fantastic: luscious and with a more prominent civet note compared to, for example, the copper top version where the cumin stands out much more.
Simply extraordinary orchestration and balance!

Nattyboh74

Oct 24, 2018
I just got this cutie, and it's put me in a good mood. Eau D'Hermes may be my all-time favorite fragrance, and I've never tried this version.
View attachment 176250
It is fantastic: luscious and with a more prominent civet note compared to, for example, the copper top version where the cumin stands out much more.
Is the copper cap the newer stuff? I never know with these iterations lol

Kakihara

Aug 3, 2005
Is the copper cap the newer stuff? I never know with these iterations lol
Right now if nothing has changed, the version with the black cap is sold.
Previously the version with transparent cap was produced.
Before the transparent cap there was the copper cap ... in the late 90's and early 2000's I think.
This above version I think corresponds to the 90s, special editions that they made for several years.
In the 80s it was sold with a black/gray cap.

The last 3 in particular, for me, are the best ones :)

hednic

Oct 25, 2007
586846739-jpg.176250

Congrats on this purchase!

PStoller

I’m not old, I’m vintage.
Basenotes Plus
Aug 1, 2019
I just bought this bottle.
More than to show what I have bought, it is to ask you if anyone knows this bottle? It's the first time I've seen ... It cost me 25 USD and I haven't thought about it, for that money I run the risk ... let's see how it smells ...

I have a few of those. That's the original issue of Santos, and it's the refill for the "luxe" metal spray container:

Santos.jpg

nosey74

Aug 30, 2014

relus

Mar 21, 2019
Sure thing. With Santos, the distinctive typeface used for the name of the fragrance is what lets you know it's first formulation. So, you have the good stuff! I almost wore mine today—perhaps tomorrow evening.
I have that same 1st edition bottle, as well as a 2nd edition.1st is out of this world, really good. 2nd i like a lot also.

Latest News