Vintage fragrance I bought today

PStoller

I’m not old, I’m vintage.
Basenotes Plus
Aug 1, 2019
No. If you've posted about it, I missed it.
Have a look-see at Vintage SOTD December 14–15 2020:

PStoller

I’m not old, I’m vintage.
Basenotes Plus
Aug 1, 2019
You don't really expect me to remember a whole eleven months ago, do you? :)

Given that I have the retention of an absent-minded fruit fly, no.

Anyway, you must have rather liked it if you're pursuing another rendition of it.

A summary of my comments c. 11 months ago:

…another terrific, “punch above its weight” Fabergé chypre, and it’s certainly no less masculine than, say, Chanel pour Monsieur … You wouldn’t expect so much from an American company that can’t seem to decide whether it’s pretending to be Russian, French, or Italian.

Cook.bot

Common Lackey
Basenotes Plus
Jan 6, 2012
Given that I have the retention of an absent-minded fruit fly, no.

Well, then we can discuss again and it'll be as if it's brand new to us!

…another terrific, “punch above its weight” Fabergé chypre, and it’s certainly no less masculine than, say, Chanel pour Monsieur … You wouldn’t expect so much from an American company that can’t seem to decide whether it’s pretending to be Russian, French, or Italian.

It came out after my teenage infatuation with Faberge scents, so I missed it. Interesting that one reviewer thinks it's a twin of Quorum, which I seem to recall you dislike.

hednic

Oct 25, 2007
20211116_160903-jpg.175648
Love this one! Congrats on this!

motorcade

Dec 21, 2020
I don't know any of them, Motorcade, but I'll search about them ! Congratulations, because even if I don"t know the scent, it's always a pleasure to buy some !
Thanks! I bought all four blind, based on some research. I decanted them all already and from what I could smell, all were intact (the Morabito came still sealed) and none were unpleasant surprises. No wow's from just sniffing from the bottles but I'll probably enjoy wearing all of them.

I wore the Lancetti as my SotD yesterday and it hits you very heavy and dark, certainly masculine. This is definitely not "refreshing", even though I think I've read it somewhere. In the late drydown I got a very nice patchouli and it was my favorite part.

Today I sprayed on some Morabito and the reviews on Basenotes are spot on: it's a dry, dusty floral. Slightly sweet in a way that's sort of non-80's to me, especially with the light amber and sandalwood touches. It's nice and has some bite to keep it from getting boring.

epapsiou

Always be smelling
Basenotes Plus
Sep 28, 2015
Thanks! I bought all four blind, based on some research. I decanted them all already and from what I could smell, all were intact (the Morabito came still sealed) and none were unpleasant surprises. No wow's from just sniffing from the bottles but I'll probably enjoy wearing all of them.

I wore the Lancetti as my SotD yesterday and it hits you very heavy and dark, certainly masculine. This is definitely not "refreshing", even though I think I've read it somewhere. In the late drydown I got a very nice patchouli and it was my favorite part.

Today I sprayed on some Morabito and the reviews on Basenotes are spot on: it's a dry, dusty floral. Slightly sweet in a way that's sort of non-80's to me, especially with the light amber and sandalwood touches. It's nice and has some bite to keep it from getting boring.
M is great. My fav blind buy this year.

Jean-Sté

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Jan 1, 2021

Thanks for the detailed answer, Motorcade; very interesting !

Bavard

Wearing Perfume Right Now
Basenotes Plus
Jul 20, 2015
Those gray sticker-labels must be from around the same time. I look at this picture, and four bottles looks about right. Certainly not excessive. The big one being a double puts you on a good footing. I like the color on all four, pristine-looking.

Jean-Sté

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Jan 1, 2021

Latest News