Vintage fragrance I bought today

badarun

Jan 15, 2013
Current supply almost empty so consider me extremely happy :)

dASCF9A.jpg
Unicorns can still be found!!! But my chances are like the one in a million type from dumb and dumber 😟

badarun

Jan 15, 2013

nosey74

Aug 30, 2014
I should have written "unicorns that are affordable". 🙂
At more than $10/ml, it's not something I'd buy even though I can pull the trigger right now. I was fortunate enough to amass most of my unicorns for much cheaper prices.
I’m with you! And to think just a few years ago these were going for $90 a bottle! Hopefully a few hidden cases surface and flood the market 🙏

N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer

Retired
Basenotes Plus
Jul 1, 2011
I should have written "unicorns that are affordable". 🙂
At more than $10/ml, it's not something I'd buy even though I can pull the trigger right now. I was fortunate enough to amass most of my unicorns for much cheaper prices.
I’m with you! And to think just a few years ago these were going for $90 a bottle! Hopefully a few hidden cases surface and flood the market 🙏
A few short years ago Creed Vintage Tabarome could still be found at $10/ml.

Cevenol

Dec 22, 2015
A very nice vetiver, closest to Lanvin's in my collection, but without the massive civet that makes the Lanvin such a gem. Here it is dryer and more old school chypes. I really like it, however the longevity is absolutely dismal... Still worth it if found at a real bargain, since the Lanvin is so rare. Maybe the Givenchy which I smelled long ago is a better choice, but true vintages are hard to come by as well for it. Still I should get it to complete the old classic vetivers.

epapsiou

Always be smelling
Basenotes Plus
Sep 28, 2015
Bday gift. For meself .
Again the Antaeus delivers. It is different from the other ones I have. Antaeus and Equipage both have this feature/bug.
I suppose that is what Creed tried to copy for Aventus ;)

Attachments

• PXL_20211115_132030443.jpg
    PXL_20211115_132030443.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 10
  • PXL_20211115_132049728.jpg
    PXL_20211115_132049728.jpg
    967.5 KB · Views: 10

relus

Mar 21, 2019
2 bottles of Arrogance pour homme, and a 3 rd still on the way. A underrated scent imo, not original but who cares..? These are from south Italy from a ancient pharmacy wich a good connect/ friend arranged to get for me , and in pristine condition, just perfect. Also its the original formula, rp denis, i also got bottle of 2nd formula, but i wanted the 1st to compare. I never saw bottles with this inscription on the cap tough. love this stuff.
20211115_190655.jpg20211115_190525.jpg

Wingie

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Dec 2, 2009
How does is smell? HOw is it different than current version? I have not heard much about Hermes' vintage feminine fragrance (except Caleche)
It hasn't arrived yet, but the original 24, Faubourg is known as a big, opulent white floral over a rich, warm, sensual amber base and is reputed to be a real powerhouse in terms of both sillage and longevity. I tried the current EDT last week and really liked the opening, but it lasted less than a half hour on me so sadly seems to be a mere shadow of what it once was. Screw the current version - I want the real deal, the stuff Princess Diana wore. :)

Last edited:

purecaramel

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Nov 9, 2013
How does is smell? HOw is it different than current version? I have not heard much about Hermes' vintage feminine fragrance (except Caleche)
HB Buddy!
Femme 24 is pretty gorgeous. Have a mid 90 EDP and it competes with Patou 1000.
Be warned though as it is an Orange Blossom bomb.
I am going to wear some to bed tonite!

Latest News