Vintage fragrance I bought today

Jean-Sté

Jan 1, 2021
Brummel and Sagamore After-shave; the first is a no-brainer, since the box was sold for 3.5 euros.

Sagamore smells heavenly, better than my Eau de toilette whom top notes are a bit burned, I think. What surprises me is the percent of alcohol in the After-shave: 90% !

EDIT I wonder if 69.3 and 62.4 are the "real" percent...

BrummelCoffret.jpg

SagamoreAfterShaveBottleBox.jpg

SagamoreAfterShaveBottomBox.jpg

Marco74

Feb 13, 2019
Re: Vintage fragrance I bought today - Q1 2021

Sport de Paco Rabanne - I already have a bottle back in the U.S. (along with about 30 others), but who knows when I'll be able to go back and get it (them), so I re-bought it to be shipped here (as I've done with several others.)

61xw5v-VJjL._AC_SX425_.jpg

Lacoste Eau de Sport

lacoste-sport-2.jpg

Love Lacoste and I'm on the hunt for a reasonably priced bottle of Paco Rabanne Sport! Great catch!

Marco74

Feb 13, 2019
Wow!!! Congrats!! :thumbsup:

Yes, early or mid 70s? According to the degree symbol. The original batch rules very hard.

Unfortunately we'll never know because it's lacking the original box... I love early editions of Paco but I like the latest one too...

Nice[emoji106]

Very nice pick; congrats ! :thumbsup:

A small 60ml bottle of PAco Rabanne Pour Homme first edition.
Ciao,
Marco

Thanks everybody!
Ciao.
Marco

RCavs

Sep 13, 2004
Re: Vintage fragrance I bought today - Q1 2021

Love Lacoste and I'm on the hunt for a reasonably priced bottle of Paco Rabanne Sport! Great catch!

Marco, do you own Lacoste? I'm also a big fan and recently bought a bottle just like this one (in the photo) "Eau de sport". I don't know if It's my mind playing tricks on me, but I think this "Eau de Sport" is more ambery than the traditional squared bottle. Have you noticed anything?

RCavs

Sep 13, 2004
Brummel and Sagamore After-shave; the first is a no-brainer, since the box was sold for 3.5 euros.

Sagamore smells heavenly, better than my Eau de toilette whom top notes are a bit burned, I think. What surprises me is the percent of alcohol in the After-shave: 90% !

View attachment 161934
Jean, what can you say about Brummel? I had the chance to buy it a few years ago, but even considering its low price, I didn't find anything about how It smell like and I was affraid of getting another thrash fragrance....

N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer

Semi-Retirement
Basenotes Plus
Jul 1, 2011
A small 60ml bottle of PAco Rabanne Pour Homme first edition.
Ciao,
Marco
You did well, you got something really good here.

View attachment 161934

View attachment 161935

View attachment 161936
I wonder how they aftershave compares to the original for Sagamore.

An embarrassingly costly bottle of vintage Tabac Blond extrait. (Wish I didn't love this one quite so much.)

I did something similar just days earlier, no regrets.

Jean-Sté

Jan 1, 2021
Jean, what can you say about Brummel? I had the chance to buy it a few years ago, but even considering its low price, I didn't find anything about how It smell like and I was affraid of getting another thrash fragrance....

I wonder how they aftershave compares to the original for Sagamore.

As soon as I test them, I'll report.

motorcade

Dec 21, 2020
Just got my Paco Rabanne Pour Homme edt earlier. A recent tester that smells heavenly of honey and Moss! So I feel giddy and just ordered this 120ml 2nd version.
50ac4c30d148e9ab56e507ec7f53abd0.jpg

:thumbsup:

I quite like the recent Paco pour Homme. In fact, although it smells different from the 2nd version, I enjoy wearing it just as much as the vintage. I know many will disagree.

Marand75

Heaven's made of Oakmoss!
Basenotes Plus
Feb 9, 2018
[emoji106]

I quite like the recent Paco pour Homme. In fact, although it smells different from the 2nd version, I enjoy wearing it just as much as the vintage. I know many will disagree.
No one can, nor should, disagree with what YOU like and enjoy, my friend [emoji6]
I agree there's a difference from vintage to recent (in fact there SHOULD be, with all the fascist ingredients-restrictions today), but it's still very much Paco Rabanne Pour Homme. The purists (not negatively meant) may/will disagree with us on that, which is just fine. I love every version of PRPH [emoji106]

Marco74

Feb 13, 2019
No one can, nor should, disagree with what YOU like and enjoy, my friend [emoji6]
I agree there's a difference from vintage to recent (in fact there SHOULD be, with all the fascist ingredients-restrictions today), but it's still very much Paco Rabanne Pour Homme. The purists (not negatively meant) may/will disagree with us on that, which is just fine. I love every version of PRPH [emoji106]

We are three! I too like all iterations of PRPH. The latest is a somewhat lighter / freshier take on the subject but I dig it very much anyway.

motorcade

Dec 21, 2020

We are three! I too like all iterations of PRPH. The latest is a somewhat lighter / freshier take on the subject but I dig it very much anyway.

Nicely put, both of you guys! :thumbsup:

Tristan45

Jun 30, 2017
5 EDC.jpg

A backup bottle of the gorgeous No. 5 Eau de Cologne arrived today; it packs a punch which puts today's EDP to shame - aldehydic and bright at first, over a base with sandalwood musks, vetiver and laden with real civet. The rose and jasmine notes are dialled back compared to the extrait and there's more emphasis on the ylang ylang in the opening and quite a lot of orris later. This is a 120 C.C. bottle and marked 75º, so is definitely a 70's bottle or perhaps a little earlier. Don't write off No. 5 as too boring or cliché, this is the real deal, and it wears as the most unisex version.

Last edited:

RCavs

Sep 13, 2004
:thumbsup:

We are four! Although I haven't tried the latest big "r" logo version, I own a bottle just as the one pictured above and 2 green bottles from early 2000's. And I normally wear the green ones during the day and reserve vintage for night-wearings.

Marand75

Heaven's made of Oakmoss!
Basenotes Plus
Feb 9, 2018
It's very crisp, I think.
Have this same bottle, smells just awesome.
It does indeed.
Congrats!
Thanks!
Nicely put, both of you guys! [emoji106]
[emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]
View attachment 162017

View attachment 162018

The latter after Marand's review, I had to test it [emoji106]
Hope you like it!

Bavard

Wearing Perfume Right Now
Basenotes Plus
Jul 20, 2015
I'm surprised you haven't owned it before now. I'm 99.9% sure you'll love it. That was scent that got me interested in osmanthus.

I'm trying the first of three bottles tonight, the big tester, and I'm getting a lot of Cuir de Russie. But skankier!

purecaramel

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Nov 9, 2013
View attachment 162016

A backup bottle of the gorgeous No. 5 Eau de Cologne arrived today; it packs a punch which puts today's EDP to shame - aldehydic and bright at first, over a base with sandalwood musks, vetiver and laden with real civet. The rose and jasmine notes are dialled back compared to the extrait and there's more emphasis on the ylang ylang in the opening and quite a lot of orris later. This is a 120 C.C. bottle and marked 75º, so is definitely a 70's bottle or perhaps a little earlier. Don't write off No. 5 as too boring or cliché, this is the real deal, and it wears as the most unisex version.

I concur. It is a hell of a scent!

JON RODGERS

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Dec 5, 2007
View attachment 162016

Completely agree on all counts. I treasure my bottle :smiley:

Ali AD

Nov 26, 2017
Tuscany.jpg

Aramis Tuscany (Etruscan) - 50ml splash. AMAZING!!

Hunter.jpg

Atkinsons Hunter - 3x 100ml backup bottles!

Bozart.jpg

This was a surprise for me. Never heard of it before, but when I tried it...Vintage Davidoff Zino! Nice!! The box says made by Parfums Beaux Arts, but Parfumo.net lists it under Jean Louis Vermeil.

PStoller

I’m not old, I’m vintage.
Basenotes Plus
Aug 1, 2019
Atkinsons Hunter - 3x 100ml backup bottles!
What can you tell us about Hunter?

The box says made by Parfums Beaux Arts, but Parfumo.net lists it under Jean Louis Vermeil.
"Bozart" is pretty clearly a phonetic joke on "Beaux-Arts." Vermeil registered a trademark for "Beaux Arts" in 1986 that expired in 2006, which could explain the discrepancy. Or, it could be why Parfumo assumed Bozart was a Vermeil fragrance, when "Bozart" could have been spelled that way to avoid trademark infringement with Vermeil.

Vermeil appears to have gone belly-up c. 2008, so I'm not sure who we could ask.

Staff online

Latest News