Vintage Caesars Man - 50ml

IMG_5949.JPG

Ungaro Pour L'Homme II - backup bottle

Bavard

Wearing Perfume Right Now
Basenotes Plus
Jul 20, 2015
a great one, congratulations!!

Thanks! I hope it gets worn. I had watch-listed a three-bottle lot that seemed priced low, then the seller made an even lower offer, so I went for it.

This scent has come up at a couple meetups, including at Tigerlily in San Francisco where they had a vintage bottle on display (similar to the vintage wall in Osswald NYC, but this one is out for anyone to handle), and it was stellar. We were trying it right before we left, after trying the stuff they were selling, and I thought it was the best thing there. The other time, at Barneys in NYC, a Frederic Malle sales associate told us to look out for it.

What made it extra hard to resist is that one of the bottles was a tester with a notes list, which is super hot.

I've had a couple samples here. It looks like I'm out at the moment. I have mostly been focused on Chanel, Dior, and Guerlain feminines, but the Patou masculines have been killing it, so I was persuaded to enter the market.

Ali AD

Nov 26, 2017
I had/have NO information whatsoever about this one. The bottle caught my eye, sampled it on my wrist and just knew I had to have it! The scent is similar to Dunhill for Men (1934). Love it!

I can't find any information or reference to this anywhere other than what's on the back of the box. Crusader by Parfums Alain Daniel.

Can any of our resident experts shed more light on this one?

crusader 1.jpg

crusader 2.JPG

Jean-Sté

Jan 1, 2021
I had/have NO information whatsoever about this one. The bottle caught my eye, sampled it on my wrist and just knew I had to have it! The scent is similar to Dunhill for Men (1934). Love it!

I can't find any information or reference to this anywhere other than what's on the back of the box. Crusader by Parfums Alain Daniel.

Can any of our resident experts shed more light on this one?

View attachment 161892

View attachment 161893

All I could find about Alain daniel is here, but they don't speak about Crusader:

https://www.parfumanie.cz/database/search?query=alain+daniel&page=1

woodnotes55

Oct 27, 2016
Hope everyone's doing great!

Got a ton of stuff this week...Here's two. I'll share the rest soon:

View attachment 161824

Vintage Caesars Man - 50ml

View attachment 161825

Ungaro Pour L'Homme II - backup bottle

If you like Caesars then congrats to you!

Me and a friend had a mess of that way back, they gave it away. It was the only fragrance I owned that made me hold breath when applying and I had some strong ones. I really don't remember what happened to it - I know neither of us likely went through even one bottle - but it didn't end up in my vintage stash that I still have. Who knew all these years later there would have been people happy to get it and maybe even searching for it....

PStoller

I’m not old, I’m vintage.
Basenotes Plus
Aug 1, 2019
Pretty weird badging on the packaging for a French brand. Famous American warships? Huh?
In the decade or so after WWII, the US military was pretty popular in France. But this is from later than that, and the name “Crusader” is an odd fit for the dubious package design, which could help explain why we’ve never heard of it.

Latest News