Vintage fragrance I bought today

Marand75

Heaven's made of Oakmoss!
Basenotes Plus
Feb 9, 2018
Re: Vintage fragrance I bought today - Q1 2021

Morabito Or Black ('82). Re-launch version. Thanks to Nosey74 I get to take a whack at this for a great non-eBay price.
9a50e2bda005096ddce0bf65d9ca91bc.jpg

Cook.bot

Common Lackey
Basenotes Plus
Jan 6, 2012

Morabito Or Black ('82). Re-launch version.

It's a movement! Or maybe a burgeoning cult...

I just notified two perfume pals about Nosey's link, and they instantly bought two of them. That seller must be looking at their orders today and going "What the.....?!?"

Marand75

Heaven's made of Oakmoss!
Basenotes Plus
Feb 9, 2018

It's a movement! Or maybe a burgeoning cult...

I just notified two perfume pals about Nosey's link, and they instantly bought two of them. That seller must be looking at their orders today and going "What the.....?!?"
Ha ha, Yeah, and then bump up the price [emoji23]. Nah, seriously, that was a damn good tip. A great no-doubt blindbuy. Total no-brainer.

woodnotes55

Oct 27, 2016

While we're on this cocaine binge, we're going to form a band called Ifra and the Reformulations. Debut album is called "Shadows of our Former Selves" and all our songs will be blues rock a la Clapton bemoaning the "fall" of perfume after the end of the 20th century and exclaiming how everything from the 80's is a masterpiece. Only the first pressing of the vinyl will sound good. We'll deliberately remix each subsequent pressing to sound worse than the last, then blame the RIAA.

Put me down for a first edition vinyl, signed!!! Just don't do any lame unplugged remakes of your best songs.....

Varanis Ridari

The Scented Devil
Basenotes Plus
Oct 17, 2012

A big thanks to Zealot Crusader for the Avon men’s line tutorial and recommendations! :laugh:

Thai Winds - 1.5 oz barbershop brush cologne splash

View attachment 143401

Tribute for Men - “The Horsemen”
6 oz cologne splash

View attachment 143402

Clint - “Paul Revere” Bell Decanter
4 oz after shave splash

View attachment 143403

Awesome! I think you'll love Öland and Leather too! They're definitely among the most unique pre-80's Avons.

Cook.bot

Common Lackey
Basenotes Plus
Jan 6, 2012

That makes more sense hahaha :lolk:

But it would be super fun if some house used their packaging to admit that their fragrance smelled like feet.

I feel ashamed to admit I have everything in that advert, in those bottles too (except Spicy, which I have in a 4oz variant not shown).

Ashamed? You? Loud & proud, Z!

Varanis Ridari

The Scented Devil
Basenotes Plus
Oct 17, 2012

Deleanu

Aug 13, 2015

It arrived 2 days ago...but I had to admire it from every fucking possible angle. The bottle, the cap, the box.
And of course, THE JUICE.

Well...what...can...I say...?

While Egoiste it is morning, Bois Noir it is dusk
While Egoiste it is juicy-spicy fruit, Bois Noir it is dry-aged wood
While Egoiste it is a light blow, Bois Noir it is dusty breeze

Holy Grail of Holy Grails? Maybe due to its rarity.

By smell? What I can say it is that it is beyond its time. Even old/new Egoiste...doesn't feel dated nor actual.
It is a state of mind and mood of spirit.

boisboisbois.jpg

Bavard

Wearing Perfume Right Now
Basenotes Plus
Jul 20, 2015

I blind bought Chanel Bois Noir as a potential investment to sell in the future, but I wanted to keep it as soon as I tried it. I know what you mean about it being dusty.

Bavard

Basenotes Plus
Jul 20, 2015

I’m using it, but slowly, like several other bottles. I’ve worn Egoiste and Egoiste Concentree more. In a comparison wearing, I liked the base of Bois Noir more than Egoiste Concentree. The opening of Concentree is good fun, though. Vintage Egoiste is in between, and I think of it as having some of the best of both.

Deleanu

Aug 13, 2015

I’m using it, but slowly, like several other bottles. I’ve worn Egoiste and Egoiste Concentree more. In a comparison wearing, I liked the base of Bois Noir more than Egoiste Concentree. The opening of Concentree is good fun, though. Vintage Egoiste is in between, and I think of it as having some of the best of both.

Exactly what I was saying few days ago...og. Egoiste and CC. for everyday run...and Bois Noir pimp walking.
I have to get a bottle of CC one day too!

Bavard

Basenotes Plus
Jul 20, 2015

I had missed earlier that you’re into pimp walking. I just looked it up and was surprised it’s so popular.

Diddy

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Oct 14, 2015

Tell the truth: has anyone else ever tried to guide you with Avon?

Actually, 1 time, at cologne camp. Haha! There was someone that made a suggestion to me on a more modern Avon and I instead went with ZC’s advice. But that was it.

Diddy

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Oct 14, 2015
Vintage fragrance I bought today - Q1 2021

I had missed earlier that you’re into pimp walking. I just looked it up and was surprised it’s so popular.

Pimp walking is cool for when you’re dressed up to go grocery shopping. Or as they say down south, “making groceries”. But the c-walk is where it’s at!

giphy.gif

Deleanu

Aug 13, 2015

More like this...

[video]https://media0.giphy.com/media/qGFKMntShELTy/giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47mi1tpvzkjjjva25lwyd5v1zfdbah 348h8j3dz796&rid=giphy.gif[/video]

hellbentforleather

May 18, 2016

I finally found a BNIB 100ml gold cap bottle of Heritage at a good price. I'm burning through my 50ml bottle so this was total find for me.

nosey74

Aug 30, 2014

It arrived 2 days ago...but I had to admire it from every fucking possible angle. The bottle, the cap, the box.
And of course, THE JUICE.

Well...what...can...I say...?

While Egoiste it is morning, Bois Noir it is dusk
While Egoiste it is juicy-spicy fruit, Bois Noir it is dry-aged wood
While Egoiste it is a light blow, Bois Noir it is dusty breeze

Holy Grail of Holy Grails? Maybe due to its rarity.

By smell? What I can say it is that it is beyond its time. Even old/new Egoiste...doesn't feel dated nor actual.
It is a state of mind and mood of spirit.

Congratulations!

Latest posts

Latest News