Vintage Fragrance I Bought Today - 2022

Jul 9, 2021
Before i posted some pictures of different t Lagerfeld bottles. I think the French ones are indeed the oldest, but there are so many (sub) versions regarding the text on the box, manufacturer, and distributor. As long as you have the Cologne its all good imo, alltough the very earliest are much smoother, and certainly not a perfumebomb. I detect differences in strength, and some topnotes, but in the end the base is mostly the same. Stay away from the Classic, get the Cologne wich is Art imo.
I dabbed a little of each one of these on my wrists, and discovered that OdLRP was quite a bit stronger in projection than the Lagerfeld. Then again, the former seems nuclear in strength. They both seem to last well.

Simultaneously I wear Arrogance pH on my chest. Oh dear! :sneaky:

I found the thread you mention and re-read it, by the way. I wholeheartedly agree with you on this point - vintage bottles are the deal, generally speaking. I couldn't have imagined this a year ago when I first started out with looking for vintages. A sad development, really.

Jean-Sté

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Jan 1, 2021
Two after-shaves and an eau de toilette today. Blind buys.
The Dunhill came with a leaflet and a card; I post them for info: I'm always glad to find such "papers" in the box.
If somebody knows why the Moschino box mentions "OK" and "KO", I'd be glad to know, since I didn't see this mentioned on the pictures I've seen here. Thanks in advance !

MoschinoPourHommeAfterShaveBottleBox.JPG

HattricAfterShaveBottleBox.JPG

DunhillEditionBottleBox.JPG

Attachments

• DunhillEditionLeaflet2.jpg
    DunhillEditionLeaflet2.jpg
    374.7 KB · Views: 2
  • DunhillEditionProof.jpg
    DunhillEditionProof.jpg
    114.7 KB · Views: 2
  • DunhillEditionLeaflet1.jpg
    DunhillEditionLeaflet1.jpg
    420.4 KB · Views: 4

PStoller

I’m not old, I’m vintage.
Basenotes Plus
Aug 1, 2019
If somebody knows why the Moschino box mentions "OK" and "KO", I'd be glad to know, since I didn't see this mentioned on the pictures I've seen here.

"O.K.-K.O." is actually the proper name for what we usually call "Moschino pour Homme." It ties in with the two-headed "Viceversa" bottle and the yin-yang symbols on the box.

It's great stuff by any name.

Jean-Sté

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Jan 1, 2021
View attachment 294716
Just one spray on my wrist and I can't stop sniffing it ! "Italian style" for me, reminding Biagiotti Uomo. Interesting to know that it was created by Gerard Anthony (Azzaro pour homme), although Salvador has nothing in common with Azzaro ...
I was wondering how this one smells...Thanks for sharing your thoughts, Avecesar !

hednic

Basenotes Institution
Oct 25, 2007
FB5D0AD5-F96B-43B2-89C2-2A6320823E22.jpeg
Wonderful buys! Enjoy them! (y)

N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer

Retired
Basenotes Plus
Jul 1, 2011
The Dunhill came with a leaflet and a card; I post them for info: I'm always glad to find such "papers" in the box.
If somebody knows why the Moschino box mentions "OK" and "KO", I'd be glad to know, since I didn't see this mentioned on the pictures I've seen here. Thanks in advance !

View attachment 294697

View attachment 294698

View attachment 294699
I'd be interested in knowing the Moschino aftershave holds up compared to the fragrance.

motorcade

Basenotes Dependent
Dec 21, 2020

View attachment 294697

View attachment 294698

View attachment 294699
Congrats on these - especially the Dunhill, which was an instant and big love for me recently!

Jul 9, 2021
20220929_121033.jpg
This was something else. The initial celery note is stronger than any celery salt or vegetable of the kind. I have to think about this one. Anyway, it was cheap and it is without barcode. I bought it because of the often mentioned similarities to Yatagan (it has been suggested that it was released as « a hommage to » the classic Caron) and I do not expect to come near vintage Yatagan any time soon. Does this proposal hold up, anyone who has tried both?

I do like the flip side of the inserted card, noting the adress to Diana de Silva at the time. Political philosophy is a most endearing issue.
20220929_121517.jpg

PStoller

Basenotes Plus
Aug 1, 2019
I bought it because of the often mentioned similarities to Yatagan (it has been suggested that it was released as « a hommage to » the classic Caron) and I do not expect to come near vintage Yatagan any time soon. Does this proposal hold up, anyone who has tried both?

Yes, and I dislike both for the same reason, though I appear to be in the minority on BN. If you like the celery note, or are at least not put off by it, then both may be great for you. Thus far, the only fragrance that’s sold me on the note is Nina Ricci Phileas.

Avecesar

Basenotes Dependent
Nov 16, 2011
View attachment 299904
This was something else. The initial celery note is stronger than any celery salt or vegetable of the kind. I have to think about this one. Anyway, it was cheap and it is without barcode. I bought it because of the often mentioned similarities to Yatagan (it has been suggested that it was released as « a hommage to » the classic Caron) and I do not expect to come near vintage Yatagan any time soon. Does this proposal hold up, anyone who has tried both?

I do like the flip side of the inserted card, noting the adress to Diana de Silva at the time. Political philosophy is a most endearing issue.
View attachment 299905
I own both Yatagan (not the vintage one) and Les Copains and, yes, they are close. There is another one scent that has this so-called "celery note", that is Eloge du Traitre by Etat Libre d'Orange. My preference goes to Yatagan.
Note : I believe that this "celery note" is artemisia.

Jul 9, 2021
Yes, and I dislike both for the same reason
Yes, I think that I have noticed that you aren't particularly enthusiastic. I'm on the fence about it. It doesn't feel as wild and animalistic as I imagined, yet on the other hand it is the furthest from any ingratiating or sycophantic notes as can be. I find it quite linear. It is celery-green, with some castoreum entering in the later stages. Hmm, we'll see.

PStoller

Basenotes Plus
Aug 1, 2019
IT's a regular army!! That one on the left looks STRONG....
Looks like the seals didn't hold up as well like your first bottle.

These are from the same seller (who also sold me the Lacoste). I've seen shots of the back, and the other three have held up quite well; it's only the one that's significantly compromised. The price was fine with all that considered, so I have no complaints.

Jean-Sté

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Jan 1, 2021
At 65° this AS should be very soft ; I have the atomizer version and it's 90° ...
You're right, Avecesar, I also have the eau de toilette 90°, but I don't really care for the alcohol concentration of the after-shave, since I consider it the best way to begin the day with the fragrance I choose, meaning layering eau de toilette a few hours later boosts the scent.

Jul 9, 2021
I’ll add some after shaves:
20220930_145131.jpg
This has no EMB code - from the late seventies. Smells just fine.

20220930_145304.jpg
Pre-barcode. Complete, with the infamous and totally empty, small tube of skin lotion inside. This will be layered with non-vintage edt à la ROTLS.

20220930_145451.jpg
This is without the e-sign. Mid-seventies. Made by Perlier. A soapy vetiver, if I’m not mistaken, and good.
20220930_145609.jpg
Without e-sign, from the mid-seventies, maybe older. An interesting scent, which I have to try further. There is moss in there, to be sure and some type of resin together with faded but still noticeable citrus.

20220930_145654.jpg
A minor classic. With barcode, without green dot. Early nineties. Smells great.

RCavs

Basenotes Dependent
Sep 13, 2004
View attachment 299904

View attachment 299905
Well, I was assaulted by its super strong celery note: I hadn't read any reviews about it before buying it. It was a total blind buy. But after some minutes of wearing I knew I had already smelled something similar. I concluded It was yatagan. Initially I didn't like it enough to think about keeping it in my collection, but as the dry down showed up and realised I liked the "frozen smoking mixture" created.
Unfortunately, I rarely used it outdoors. My wife hates this and everyone else who is close enough to me to tell me their impressions....

Jul 9, 2021
My wife hates this and everyone else who is close enough to me to tell me their impressions....
You know what, by coincidence I have acquired three (3) 50 ml bottles of this. Talk about overkill. If you or someone else needs a bottle I'll be happy to oblige. Or, this might be a signature!😀 Truth be told, I'm beginning to better understand, feel and eventually like it more and more. But it is a dense and original scent, no easy points to be made here. We're talking serious business.😉

RCavs

Basenotes Dependent
Sep 13, 2004
You know what, by coincidence I have acquired three (3) 50 ml bottles of this. Talk about overkill.
Thanks God, I was prudent enough to blind buy just a 50ml bottle!
What's this?
Don't care about it, It's just a hobbist trying to describe what he feels while smelling it (and failing miserably)! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::LOL:
In fact, I smell something like a smoking patchouli surrounded by a frozen accord, bordering a minty sensation.

woodnotes55

Basenotes Dependent
Oct 27, 2016
I’ll add some after shaves:

This has no EMB code - from the late seventies. Smells just fine.

e-barcode. Complete, with the infamous and totally empty, small tube of skin lotion inside. This will be layered with non-vintage edt à la ROTLS.

This is without the e-sign. Mid-seventies. Made by Perlier. A soapy vetiver, if I’m not mistaken, and good.
View attachment 300035
Without e-sign, from the mid-seventies, maybe older. An interesting scent, which I have to try further. There is moss in there, to be sure and some type of resin together with faded but still noticeable citrus.

A minor classic. With barcode, without green dot. Early nineties. Smells great.
Have not heard of this one but wow what an interesting bottle! It's like it has a mouth carved into the side of it and then uneven base. Were they marketing this as a challenging or creative scent? Or was the designer just smoking too much???

Tea_Lilly

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Jun 4, 2022
Thanks God, I was prudent enough to blind buy just a 50ml bottle!

Don't care about it, It's just a hobbist trying to describe what he feels while smelling it (and failing miserably)! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::LOL:
In fact, I smell something like a smoking patchouli surrounded by a frozen accord, bordering a minty sensation.
It is inherently difficult describing one sense with another - especially smell. I think we all appreciate your description! I like it! Thanks.

Latest News

Whatever your taste in perfume, we've got you covered...

catalogue your collection, keep track of your perfume wish-list, log your daily fragrance wears, review your latest finds, seek out long-lost scented loves, keep track of the latest perfume news, find your new favourite fragrance, and discuss perfume with like-minded people from all over the world...