Vintage Fragrance I Bought Today - 2022

alfapet

Jan 3, 2018
Two vintage bottles of T&H Spanish Leather and Clubman, which the seller said he bought in the 90s and I think one can also that tell due to the bottles more "rounded" caps, compared to the more rectangular caps they use today and that is -- from what I have come to understand -- before the total reformulation (altered beyond recognition) of the to scents that occurred at the beginning of the 2000s. With the Spanish Leather one, you can also clearly see that the juice is much darker than in today's bottles and that's yet another good sign that this is in fact probably the original Spanish Leather. Let's just hope that the Clubman is the none-reformulated one as well, which I probably will be able to tell when I receive them.

il_1140xN.3002166496_61w8.jpgil_1140xN.3002183350_g549.jpg

hednic

Oct 25, 2007
greenwaterbottlebox-jpg.180967
Very nice!

Apr 14, 2019
Mitsy Tester.jpg
Incredibly, my first attempt to obtain Mitsouko. Saves me a few hundred bucks for now. Sadly, the twist cap is stuck with crystallized fragrance, but the intoxicating smell is present. Seller didn't have much info - any guesses as to how old this is?

PStoller

I’m not old, I’m vintage.
Basenotes Plus
Aug 1, 2019
Incredibly, my first attempt to obtain Mitsouko. Saves me a few hundred bucks for now. Sadly, the twist cap is stuck with crystallized fragrance, but the intoxicating smell is present. Seller didn't have much info - any guesses as to how old this is?
It’s hard to tell because it’s a sample, but the label is reminiscent of the Flacon de Guerre, produced during WWII.

Try soaking the cap in alcohol to dissolve the perfume solids. (A bit of paper towel drenched with alcohol and wrapped around the base of the cap is less likely to result in accidental fragrance loss than upending the bottle in a cup.)

epapsiou

Always be smelling
Basenotes Plus
Sep 28, 2015
Try soaking the cap in alcohol to dissolve the perfume solids. (A bit of paper towel drenched with alcohol and wrapped around the base of the cap is less likely to result in accidental fragrance loss than upending the bottle in a cup.)
It is a screw cap right? I will just use pliers

N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer

Retired
Basenotes Plus
Jul 1, 2011
View attachment 181044
It’s hard to tell because it’s a sample, but the label is reminiscent of the Flacon de Guerre, produced during WWII.

WWII would make most sense, they released fragrances in different style bottles during those years.

Cevenol

Dec 22, 2015
Happy belated New Year to all Basenotes vintage lovers! I was away for awhile nothing like a few weeks away from the collection to realize anew how good the old stuff is :). Looking forward to go nuts with the collection the next couple of weeks haha.
Wow, you guys been on a roll, lots of amazing stuff, Jean Ste wow!
i'll try not to post too much on the Bought forum this year(what with the kid entering college soon and all) but you guys not helping lol

relus

Mar 21, 2019
A bunch of goodies came yesterday evening; some without boxes, but the prices were really, really fair, even for the so-called "unicorns". And my mom is beginning to chase old Dior; she bought the Eau fraîche totally new, vintage and with the cellophane and the CD sticker on top of the box.

View attachment 180419

View attachment 180420

View attachment 180421

View attachment 180422

View attachment 180423

View attachment 180424
Hows the ted lapidus for you? Welcome to the 70s...

Jean-Sté

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Jan 1, 2021
For the record, I've liked the cookies recommended by epapsiou so far 😊

Great pick with that vintage Green Water Jean-Ste!!!
Thanks a lot, Badarun !
Salut Jean Ste, I certainly hope to maybe visit next time I'm in France if that's ok lol
I was just in Brazil next to RCavs and we tried to meet up but our busy end of year calendars didn't allow.
It will be a pleasure to have you at home, Cevenol ! Don't hesitate to tell me as soon as you know when you come to France !

Avecesar

Nov 16, 2011
You need to get your hands on the EDT - amazing fragrance. Never tried the after shave, hoping like most vintages it's strong with similar characteristics like the edt...
I agree. I was looking for the EDT but until now I have not been successful. I purchased the A/S just because I have the opportunity to get it at a fair price (40€) hoping that both strength and longevity are acceptable ...

epapsiou

Always be smelling
Basenotes Plus
Sep 28, 2015
Was highly recommended by @badarun .
Deservedly so
Beautiful floral. Jasmine centric with rose for balance.
Unlike the big loud florals, this is restrained. Indoles are present but are kept in check.
I wish they had gone with rose as main note here. Could have been the best floral for me.
PXL_20220116_191717229~2.jpg

Last edited:

Latest News