Vintage Forum - unable to post or post not showing on public page

Earlyn

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Jun 14, 2019
I posted in the Vintage Perfume I Bought Today and it shows my post on my profile page, but it doesn’t appear in the thread - actually nothing later than around September 12th shows up on the public forum page even though I can see later posts on my page under subscribed threads.

The Vintage Scent of The Day is popping up as a closed thread so I am unable to post my Vintage SOTD.

I have been able to post a couple response on other threads without issue in the vintage forum though, so don’t know how many are affected.

Thanks!

Cook.bot

Common Lackey
Basenotes Plus
Jan 6, 2012
For your second issue, the vintage SOTD thread had to be replaced due to its size. New thread is here:

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/469840-Your-vintage-SOTD-2019

Re: your first issue, the exact same thing happened to me a few days ago. Then somehow, about 48 hours later, my post just showed up in the thread. So.... I dunno what the story is.

PS: Your recent post in the "bought today" thread about Lauren shows up in my profile's activity page too, so I guess it's somewhere in post limbo.

PStoller

I’m not old, I’m vintage.
Basenotes Plus
Aug 1, 2019
OK, but in the process of closing one thread and opening another, everything between 9-10-19 and 9-25-19 appears to have been lost. Could the missing posts be rescued and appended to the start of the new thread (or restored to the old one)?

EDIT: I was referring to Vintage SOTD, but Vintage Fragrance I Bought Today appears to have been cut off at the same date. It's less than half the size of the SOTD thread, so I'm not sure why that would have been deemed necessary.

Cook.bot

Common Lackey
Basenotes Plus
Jan 6, 2012
OK, but in the process of closing one thread and opening another, everything between 9-10-19 and 9-25-19 appears to have been lost. Could the missing posts be rescued and appended to the start of the new thread (or restored to the old one)?

I'm betting some noble Moderator could handle that.

Quick, somebody turn on the Bat Signal!

tumblr_m90xe5mW9e1qd7x3so6_250.gif

Cook.bot

Common Lackey
Basenotes Plus
Jan 6, 2012
It's happened again! Now the "What Are You Cooking?" thread in the Lounge has lost all its posts since 7th June 2019.

Do we need a "lost threads" topic in this forum, so the Mods can be alerted to them?

Earlyn

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Jun 14, 2019
For your second issue, the vintage SOTD thread had to be replaced due to its size. New thread is here:

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/469840-Your-vintage-SOTD-2019

Re: your first issue, the exact same thing happened to me a few days ago. Then somehow, about 48 hours later, my post just showed up in the thread. So.... I dunno what the story is.

PS: Your recent post in the "bought today" thread about Lauren shows up in my profile's activity page too, so I guess it's somewhere in post limbo.

EDIT: I was referring to Vintage SOTD, but Vintage Fragrance I Bought Today appears to have been cut off at the same date. It's less than half the size of the SOTD thread, so I'm not sure why that would have been deemed necessary.

Thank you Cook.bot - I successfully posted to the new Vintage SOTD. As PStoller said, the Fragrance I Bought Today Thread has been cutoff to posts prior to early September. Any idea where the new thread resides?

Cook.bot

Common Lackey
Basenotes Plus
Jan 6, 2012
Thank you Cook.bot - I successfully posted to the new Vintage SOTD. As PStoller said, the Fragrance I Bought Today Thread has been cutoff to posts prior to early September. Any idea where the new thread resides?

I don't think there is a new one for "bought today". I'm sure the Mods will get it sorted out. Till then we'll just have to keep our purchases (and our cooking) to ourselves.

PStoller

Basenotes Plus
Aug 1, 2019
Checking "Post a Picture of Your Scents - Edition VII," I found that there are 30 posts per page. There are a full 30 posts on p58. Lellabelle wrote a post that should have started p59 (or followed an earlier post that should have done so). But, p59 was never created, or at least isn't accessible to users. So, her post is invisible. Clicking the "View First Unread" button just reloads the page. This looks like how threads are getting locked and posts are getting lost.

The mods may already have figured all this out and more (like, why this is happening), but I'm posting it just in case it helps.

Sheik Yerbouti

oakmoss fiend
Basenotes Plus
Jul 20, 2017
I posted in the Vintage Perfume I Bought Today and it shows my post on my profile page, but it doesn’t appear in the thread - actually nothing later than around September 12th shows up on the public forum page even though I can see later posts on my page under subscribed threads.

The Vintage Scent of The Day is popping up as a closed thread so I am unable to post my Vintage SOTD.

I have been able to post a couple response on other threads without issue in the vintage forum though, so don’t know how many are affected.

Thanks!

The same thing is affecting the Basenotes Plus Forum. Tried posting today and shows in profile but not on thread.

rum

Basenotes Plus
Mar 17, 2011
Confirmed: Why did you join BN Plus? is stuck on p.7.

You are quite right - we can't access these threads either through a browser, however they do seem to work on Tapatalk. The techies are already looking into this. Thanks for bearing with us.

PStoller

Basenotes Plus
Aug 1, 2019

kbe

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Nov 12, 2006
But at least your post count is rising. Wasn't it somewhere around 20,000 before you got poleaxed?

It's so weird that you're shown as banned but you can still post... ???

My post count was in the high 27k area. And yes, I can post and my post count is counting each post in threads that allow that. Sitting on my hands until Grant and the Mods, bless 'em, can restore a modicum of order to the universe. I bear bravely the unwarranted Scarlet "B" symbolically visible on my forehead..

And I do take umbrage (know it has affected the workings of my valve) at the foul deeds that black hearted hacker inflicted. As my literary hero, Ignatius J. Reilly, once paraphrased from the writings of Jonathan Swift:

""When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him." Oh, Fortuna, the lash is felt!

Cook.bot

Common Lackey
Basenotes Plus
Jan 6, 2012
The "Have you binged lately" thread in the Lounge is sending new posts into limbo too.

It seems arbitrary; there are a couple new posts in the last two days, but others that show up in my activity feed don't appear in the thread.

Should we start a new thread in Tech forum just listing which threads are truncated? This current one looks like it's just about the vintage forum, which isn't the case and might mislead any Mods seeking info.

kbe

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Nov 12, 2006
Well...my internet speed is back to dial-up range, most threads I open in Basenotes are not current, I am still banned, although that doesn't really mean much of anything anything. A good time for a sabbatical from Basenotes. Later in the year y'all.

Cook.bot

Common Lackey
Basenotes Plus
Jan 6, 2012
With PerfumedLady's permission, I'm reposting here a note she made yesterday in the SOTD thread. I thought it might be helpful since we've gotten little admin feedback in this thread about the lost posts and the truncated threads.

I think it's safe to say all of the BN team is also ready to have normal site function back. Unfortunately, Grant has to do most of the repair work himself, a ridiculous task. The mods can bust any additional spammers but that's about it; we're not able to fix the truncated threads or retrieve the lost posts. Everyone is doing their part diligently but the issues that require attention from Grant or admins will obviously take some time. Not enough swear words in the English language to express how I feel about those spam attacks.

Bavard

Wearing Perfume Right Now
Basenotes Plus
Jul 20, 2015
I can see your post.

Back to school and a little discipline!

Have some samples I've been meaning to try, including a lovely gift from a friend in Germany.

So, for October, I'm going to try to sample them all and record my impressions. I've been pretty slack on the perfume front recently and miss it!

L'Attessa (Masque MIlano)

Nuit de Bakelite (Naomi Goodsir)

Salome (Papillon)

Chypre Mousse (Oriza L. Legrand)

L'Eau De Merzhin (Lebreton)

Romanza (Masque Milano)

Scandaleuse (Lebreton)

Dryad (Papillon)

Tobacco Rose (Papillon)

Mem (Bogue)

Kiki Voile de Parfum (Vero Profumo)

Root of all Goodness (Parterre)

Mito Voile de Parfum (Vero Profumo)

B683 (Marc-Antoine Barrois)

Squid (Zoologist)

Experimentum Crucis (ELDO)

Ma Nishtana (Prissana)

Sotto La Luna Gardenia (Tauer)

Au Coeur du Désert (Tauer)

Orange Flash (Tauer)

So, that's a month of sweet and innocent florals ahead, then. Can't wait to get into them (heaven help my workmates!)

Latest News