Vintage Fahrenheit

senseibobster

Dec 15, 2020
Hi,

I have acquired this vintage bottle for £100 on ebay but to me it doent smell at all like the fahrenheit i am used to? Smells very lemony and a lot weaker than the current version? Can anyone confirm that this is pegit please?

F40605CA-48C4-4E7F-8C5B-F4AC34332D3D.jpg 22D927F3-635B-42C9-9BA7-171EC97E096C.jpg 5A99DF4F-04B9-49E7-8011-F57C3758793D.jpg

motorcade

Dec 21, 2020
I have two well-preserved minis from the first and second production years and they are "weaker" in that they project less than the current (all sprayed from an atomizer).

On the other hand, the vintage is more dense and kind of brooding while the current (2019) is zestier and more assertive. Of course, some of the violet is gone by now from the old juice, so that may explain part of this perceived "weakness". As for lemony... I don't get that from any of them. If anything, the vintage gives me an almost berry jam like vibe (in reference to that density rather than actual berry jam smell).

senseibobster

Dec 15, 2020
Thanks for the replies! Looks like mine is probably 2002 then. Quite dissapointed in how weak this vintage is. Perhaps it has just gone off as like previous poster said the violet leaf has gone. But no petrol smell at all, smells how i imagine a “cologne” version would smell!

senseibobster

Dec 15, 2020
Wow thanks for the replies! To note, the fragrance does smell a bit stronger after giving bottle a shake and about 20 sprays! I notice this version seems more “green” than the current and a lot smoother aswell as seeming more quiet (may be due to ageing, 2004 only seems like yesterday but was 17 years ago!!)

senseibobster

Dec 15, 2020
Update: having sprayed this for the last few weeks it has really come out. My impression is it is smoother with less wood and leather than the current version with more of a parma violet accord. That said i actually prefer the newer version but am glad i have this vintage to use sparingly when i fancy a more floral rounded version of fahrenheit!����

Latest News