Villoresi Sampling

Bavard

Wearing Perfume Right Now
Basenotes Plus
Jul 20, 2015
I ordered a "Discovery Set" from Lorenzo Villoresi Firenze. The four samples are Uomo, Patchouli, Musk, and Vetiver. If I could have added a fifth it would have been Sandalo.

IMG_6979.jpg

With shipping overseas, it was pricey, but I was curious to try the current version of Uomo, which I have started with.

It's fine. It's like a traditional Eau de Cologne, with a good dose of musky notes, and safe for the office. When I had worn this before, I remember not getting that excited by the opening, and then liking it more over time. There was something about the base that got in onto my wish list. Starting out with it this morning, I'm thinking the sample will be enough for me.

More notes to follow.

What have you tried, if anything, from Villoresi? And what did you think of it?

Brooks Otterlake

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Feb 12, 2019
Sandalo (a refined, dry, aromatic sandalwood) and Atman Xaman (an opulent Italian country house kind of scent) are the two I own bottles of and I'm considering picking up Piper Nigrum.

I tried Uomo and thought it was a very nice EDC-style offering, but the price makes it a less appealing option than some others in this space.

Last edited:

Bavard

Basenotes Plus
Jul 20, 2015
Sandalo (a refined, dry, aromatic sandalwood) and Atman Xaman (an opulent Italian country house kind of scent) are the two I own bottles of and I'm considering picking up Piper Nigrum.
How did you discover Villoresi? I don't remember seeing their fragrances in shops. I had a sample of Uomo in the past from a swap - I think Purecaramel sent it to me.

rum

Basenotes Plus
Mar 17, 2011
I have tried (and owned) a few of his scents, but the first one I tried, bought and still have is the original Sandalo in the blue bottle (not the current, reformulated version in the 'vintage collection'). It's a benchmark sandalwood for me, supposedly with real Mysore Sandalwood in it.

Piper Nigrum was hyped up over the years. Right now, original Creed Viking sits very close to it.

Acqua di Colonia was a disappointment for me, with anything produced and reformulated by Acqua di Parma being a better option.

Uomo was a great find for me last summer. I would be keen on getting another sample of it as it might just be full bottle worthy. Not sure if AdP Colonia Essenza is very close to it as I love that scent and don't want to find an alternative to it.

Brooks Otterlake

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Feb 12, 2019
How did you discover Villoresi? I don't remember seeing their fragrances in shops. I had a sample of Uomo in the past from a swap - I think Purecaramel sent it to me.
Mostly just from mentions here, though I've gotten some samples in swaps.

Andy raved about Atman Xaman and that was the first one I went out of my way to try. I agree with him that it's a stunning creation (Darvant seems quite keen on it, too).

Bavard

Basenotes Plus
Jul 20, 2015
I'm trying musk. It's a modern-smelling amber - a little like the amber from Histoires de Parfums. They're calling it a soft oriental. I guess they're going for a kind of Aramis JHL vibe, a sweet, woody musk. I'm not big on this kind of modern amber fragrance. If I were going to get one, I think it would be Serge Lutens Ambre Sultan or Maison Francis Kurkdjian Grand Soir. Or Tiffany for Men.

Brooks Otterlake

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Feb 12, 2019
I'm trying musk. It's a modern-smelling amber - a little like the amber from Histoires de Parfums. They're calling it a soft oriental. I guess they're going for a kind of Aramis JHL vibe, a sweet, woody musk. I'm not big on this kind of modern amber fragrance. If I were going to get one, I think it would be Serge Lutens Ambre Sultan or Maison Francis Kurkdjian Grand Soir. Or Tiffany for Men.
I have mostly avoided trying it because I'm not really all that fascinated by rose notes.

The Bark

Jan 24, 2003
Going back to 2002 or so, I've owned probably 8 to 10. Haven't tried any in a long time, but had Incense, Musk, Sandalo, the Lavender one, Piper Nigrum, Uomo, Aqua di Colonia which is amongst the best of its kind, Patchouli, Yerbamate which is criminally underrated. I've tried Spezie, Teint de Neige and Dilmun. I was a BIG fan of Piper Nigrum back then - forum got a lot of talk from a few of us about it.

ScentMemory

Aug 26, 2013
I've sampled many over the years, and liked most of them, but my favorite (and the only FB I've bought) is Uomo. It smells almost completely natural. Very rustic, aromatic, and even coniferous, despite any official evergreen notes. I almost never layer, but the combination of Uomo and La Via del Profumo Oakmoss is amazing.

Redneck Perfumisto

League of Cycloöctadiene Isomer Aestheticists
Basenotes Plus
Feb 27, 2008
The two that I own are Yerbamate and Ylang Ylang. Both are great. Ylang Ylang was an old, discontinued, early Villoresi that I lucked into at Muzio in Rome, looking at old bottles on a high shelf. It resembles Chanel No. 5 Eau Première without the characteristic No. 5 accord. Powerful floral, despite EdT rating.

Andy the frenchy

Sep 16, 2018
Big fan of Villoresi here! My thoughts (in good part copied from my reviews):

First, the ones I own a full bottle of:

Musk
Fresh (bergamot and geranium) / spicy (black pepper, cinnamon and cloves) / powdery (vanillic benzoin) rose over a musk base (with light animalic undertones) and some sour woods underneath, before the vanilla takes the lead. Although musk is a clear component of the blend, here bulgarian rose and spices (it's LV, so what did you expect?) are the star of the show from top to base. Loving rose is a requirement to appreciate this one, but it never becomes jammy, and the 'rosyness/sweetness' is counter-balanced by the spices, keeping it totally unisex. Projection and longevity are below average on my skin.
I didn't know what to expect when blind-buying this one, but I can only confirm the positive feelings that I could read from many reviews. Very dandy-esque indeed, and if one needs only one rose-centric fragrance, this is the one, and I'm not sure how I could have ignored this one until now. A love for me.
4.5/5

Atman Xaman EDT
What I get is a blast of immortelle (aka everlasting flower), supported by a hint of mandarin. The immortelle will show a its delicate sandy/sweet-but-not-sweet facet, supported by Villoresi's signature spice blend (mostly cloves, black pepper and a bit of cumin probably, but gladly for me no crushing cinnamon). Then, the tobacco absolute will create a royal blend, and, coupled with a hint of amber and musk, will have the tobacco lay on an old Florentine leather couch. In the drydown, a salty vetiver surprisingly blooms out of nowhere, giving this fragrance a fresh/woody and borderline incensy facet. I'm surprised that the immortelle flower is not voted higher than that, since it is the main player here.
The only downside of this EDT might be its modest performance, but it is my guess that the EDP might have corrected that (looking forward to try it).
This is a more masculine take on HdP 1740, that tones down the sweetness but results in being surprisingly more wearable than 1740. Tobacco, leather, spices, hay, vetiver with an overall liquor-ish feeling but never sweet: THIS is the tobacco fragrance I was waiting for during a whole fraghead's life, to finalize my 'holy grail triad' of tobacco fragrances, together with Eau d'Italie Bois d'Ombrie and Guerlain Vetiver.
5/5

Uomo
Opens with a blast of citrus (mostly lemon), supported by petitgrain and coriander, At this stage, I find it pleasant but questioned how many could see this fragrance as outstanding compared to the many other typical italian-style summer-y eau de cologne on the market (AdP Colonia, Guerlain's colognes and co...)
Then it will slowly morph into a beautiful soapy musk, with a noticeable floral/herbal/spicy support, in particular from lavender, sage and cloves. While I loved this part, it's not before the drydown that the diamonds will truly start to shine, when a delicate mossy vetiver note will show up, and dance with a stunning creamy/patchouli-esque wood note with a facet of Guerlain Heritage, but most of all sharing strong similarities with the drydown of Villoresi's Sandalo. And that is no surprise since the olfactive notes are very similar. I would even push as far as to say that Uomo and Sandalo are two variations of the same song using the same sandalwood/rosewood base, with Uomo amping up the citrus and herbal notes, while Sandalo will focus more on the spicy/creamy woods (as expected). Who will be patient (and paying enough attention) will be rewarded by a subtle but beautiful nutty/smoky/salty vetiver note in the late drydown.
Performance is indeed on the softer side, falling as a skin scent after an hour, and disappearing after 3-4 hours. But this is pretty much standard for a citrus/herbal fragrance. The many criticisms I could read on that matter might come from the misleading EDT label, and I feel that an EDC label might have served better its case. That said, a bit of overspraying will increase the longevity to 5-6 hours, and also slightly improve the projection.
This is probably one the best citrus/herbal-centered fragrance I have smelt so far, and stands on the same shelf with Armani Eau pour Homme and L'Homme de Gres, with Uomo being probably the most refined/smoother of these 3, thanks to a more controlled use of moss and aromatics (and the magic creamy wood base that I previously described).
Between Uomo and Sandalo? My preference might go to Sandalo by an inch, but Uomo is a close runner-up, and I'm glad I have both in my life!
4/5

Sandalo
This is my favourite Villoresi fragrance, together with Atman Xaman, and interestingly I haven't written a full review yet. Probably because I feel this one deserves several wearings to catch all its subtleties, before a review can be written.
Citrus/herbal in the top (like a toned-down Uomo), on a magnificient sandalwood and rosewood base, with a beautiful vetiver note showing up in the late drydown. Low to moderate performance.
This fragrance is not as complex as, let's say, Ambra or Incensi, but incredibly satisfactory, and one of the most (or the most?) beautiful Australian sandalwood accord I smelt around. Great art.
5/5

Incensi
(vintage formulation, not current 'vintage collection')
Opens with a complex fresh green bitter note (probably galbanum and citruses).
Shortly after, it morphs into an overpowering foody/dusty cinnamon with a touch of orange. And cinnamon. And cinnamon. And cinnamon. The juniper is also noticeable in the background, and a hint of myrrh will also appear, but only during the late drydown. No church incense here.
That said, it shares noticeable vibes with Etro Messe de Minuit, which, unsurprisingly is also cinnamon-centric, and also does not give a church vibe.
A crushing overload of cinnamon is the main player here, and unbalances the juice. This one should have been named "Cannella" imo. Definitely an oriental spicy fragrance, not a resinous/incense one. Pretty much a disappointment for me, and the poor performance doesn't help either.
For fans of this theme, I would strongly recommend Sorcinelli Io Non Ho Mani instead, which has similar notes but fully masters the use of cinnamon, and delivers a vastly more accomplished result.
2/5

Vetiver
(vintage formulation, not current 'vintage collection')
Opens with a green bitter note. Then, shortly after it morphs into a strong patchouli note that will get combined with sage and spices to give an overall impression of celery, reminding me of Theseus at that stage.
The base will have a beautiful damp/nutty/smoky vetiver (finally) show-up, sided by musk and very tiny bit of sweetness (tonka possibly?). Projection is a little strange, as it is good in the opening, then settle as a skin scent, to return to a good level in the base (a bit of overspraying necessary though).
Overall a very interesting and complex composition, but given its not-so-cheap price tag, I would only recommend it to hardcore vetiver lovers. I personally love it.
4.5/5

Ambra
Bought this one blind. I wouldn't have expected to be so excited by a fragrance after having tried so many before that..
This one opens with a strong elemi note, supported by citruses. Then, the galbanum appears creating a masculine green bitterness, strenghtened by the green feeling of the labdanum resin. In the heart, a noticeable spicy olibanum note takes the front stage and will lead the transition. Here it's not burnt/smoky incense, but the warm resinoid note.
Then, it will transition through a soapy musk stage twisted by a - barely noticeable - animalic salty note (imho real ambergris tincture used in very small amounts). Then the musk fades out while a balsamic myrrh note fades in: first, with the help of the - subtle but present - salty note and a very subtle oud-y note, the myrrh develops its animalic side - what some people describe as a "cola facet". Then, it will be left alone to pair with the vanilla, more common in amber fragrances.
A complex blend in which nearly each listed note will be individually noticeable at its respective stage. I'm not afraid to say that this is one of the best amber/resinous fragrance I have ever smelt. I will soon purge a part of my collection, in particular a good part of my amber fragrance (a style I became a bit bored with time), but Villoresi's Ambra is definitely a keeper.
This is majestic, luxurious feeling, a masterpiece in my book.
4.5/5

Theseus
This is a great fragrance, centered on a citrusy clary sage, vetiver, green notes, clean musk and spices (mostly nutmeg).
It's masterfully blended, and transitions are very smooth. The opening is a very herbal green kept fresh by a the citruses (that will stay until the base), the heart is about clary sage and a strong nutmeg with a subtle floral support, that will overall give an impression of celery. Then, in the base, a citrusy/rooty vetiver awakes and shines, supported by tonka, patchouli and woody notes, with a beautiful green bitterness in the late drydown (birch tar/leather?), reminding me of the green tobacco leaf drydown of Monsillage Aviation Club (but slightly less bitter here). This fragrance will keep a strong soapy/powdery note (musk and iris maybe?) from top to base.
On my skin, performance is good, with a moderate/good projection, and great longevity.
hould one want to try this one, I strongly suggest to try it on skin, since on paper it seems to be a very fresh woody masculine frag, and will not develop its powdery/floral side.
4/5

Then, the ones I could test on skin with calm (samples):

Spezie
Opens with a mix of bay leaf and cardamom supported by cinnamon. The bay leaf and cardamom tone down, to leave the supporting role to the cloves. The drydown will be more on the aromatics side, with fir, eucalyptus and rosemary providing a strong support to the long lived cinnamon. Moderate projection, good longevity.
I won't go for a full bottle as I'm not a fan of sweet spices, but it will still be a love for me. For someone on the hunt for a cinnamon-centric fragrance, this might be the holly grail, with Unum Io Non Ho Mani as a close runner-up.
4/5

Piper Nigrum
A blast of sharp mint, that will be supported by a strong mix of spices shortly after, and give an overall impression of green rotting vegetables (a la Tauer Vetiver Dance). The base is about an aromatic balsam note, with (possibly) a hint of incense.
The name is a bit misleading, as here it is the cloves, nutmeg and cumin notes that are dominant (not the black pepper). Average performance.
Villoresi seem to be a master in blending spices, that he uses (overuses?) in many of its creations.
Will please who want to be reminded of India. I appreciate the art, but personally not my style.
3/5

Finally, the ones I tested only once in store (on paper, except for Acqua di Colonia - on skin):

Acqua di Colonia
Probably the most accomplished and bright citrus/floral classic eau de cologne around. This one is sparkling. Unlike Heeley's St Clement - which is nicely done but does not especially stand out - LV AdC is magical and perfectly tuned, in spite of its simplicity.
Had I not already own LV Uomo and several other classic citrus EDC fragrances, I would have for sure acquired it. And I might still change my mind and acquire it anyways at some point haha
4/5

Teint de Neige EDT
Musky/rosey powder thing. Nice, but nothing to loose sleep about, imo.
2/5

Yerbamate
Ultra green fragrance with tea note, and powdery/sweet undertones. Might have to try on skin to get a better idea.
3/5 (for now)

Aura Maris
Great citrus fragrance, with white floral and woody support, and a subtle hint of sweetness. Might (half) blind buy at some point.
4/5

Still on my to-test list:
Alamut

Patchouli
Garofano

Wild Lavender
Uomo (Profumo)
Atman Xaman EDP

Villoresi has its style: spices and aromatics are its specialty, and he stays loyal to aesthetics. Some have qualified its fragrances of pot-pourri, and while I might agree with that for a couple of fragrances (in particular Incensi and Piper Nigrum), the vast majority are fragrances unequaled in their refinement. Very dandy, very gentleman-y. Beautiful house, in my book.

Last edited:

Andy the frenchy

Sep 16, 2018
MFK Grand Soir is nice, but I expected more for the price. You might want to try Villoresi's Ambra... A very complex fragrance.
I have mostly avoided trying it because I'm not really all that fascinated by rose notes.
I confirm: loving rose is a requirement in order to appreciate Musk.

Bavard

Basenotes Plus
Jul 20, 2015
I like everyone's posts - it's great to read from people who are into it.

I'm trying Villoresi Patchouli today. Having a chance to try this was a second motivating factor to order the sample set. We have a bottle of the Santa Maria Novella patchouli, and a couple Basenoters may have mentioned that the Villoresi is similar.

It is a raw-smelling patchouli, like the Santa Maria Novella, or like a patchouli essential oil. It smells strong and natural, like something made for a local farmer's market. It doesn't smell like a mass-market perfume. It's not perfume-y.

I may update with notes on this one from my SO who used to wear patchouli oil and now wears the Santa Maria Novella and Coromandel. For me, it's not something I would normally wear. In the first couple minutes, I was caught up in how interesting it was, but for a perfume that I like to wear for myself on a routine basis, I need more notes in the blend.

I'll often cite patchouli as the reason I like something, but now I feel like I've been overestimating my interest in it, and that the perfumes I like that have it, such as Givenchy Gentleman and Antaeus, are more about other notes. Givenchy Gentleman is about as close as I want to get to straight patchouli.

Mar 14, 2020
I ordered a "Discovery Set" from Lorenzo Villoresi Firenze. The four samples are Uomo, Patchouli, Musk, and Vetiver. If I could have added a fifth it would have been Sandalo.

View attachment 171109

With shipping overseas, it was pricey, but I was curious to try the current version of Uomo, which I have started with.

It's fine. It's like a traditional Eau de Cologne, with a good dose of musky notes, and safe for the office. When I had worn this before, I remember not getting that excited by the opening, and then liking it more over time. There was something about the base that got in onto my wish list. Starting out with it this morning, I'm thinking the sample will be enough for me.

More notes to follow.

I also recently ordered 2 sample sets. With postage that let me get most of what i wanted to try.
Uomo go my vote as well, due to the gorgeous dry down.

The opening is very similar to his Colonia, which I have, so not sure it’s worth the pick up. Wish I’d just gotten Uomo in the first place.

I don’t get HdP 1740 from Atman Xaman at all, for me Le Galion Asthete gives me that vibe, but more masculine.

Oct 7, 2021
Villoresi also composed all of the scents for the house of Ortigia Sicilia. All natural scents distilled from plants native to Sicily, each fragrance comes not only in EdP but also in an entire line of products for body, bath and home. I've owned two of the perfumes, Lime di Sicilia and Ambra Nera.

Lime di Sicilia is a clever take on the soliflor as it employs different parts of the same plant to structure its scent pyramid: lime wood for the base, lime oil in the heart, and lime flower at the top.

Ambra Nera is sex magic.

I love these and am surprised they don't get more attention here (Ortigia seems to have much better distribution in Europe, with shops in Italy, London and Berlin). Darvant has written very precise, accurate, and glowing reviews of most of the Ortigia scents--thankfully, as in many cases his review is the only review. At any rate, they are worth checking out, as each is available in a 10ml roll-on oil, which come quite cheaply in sets of four or eight on the website.

Last edited:

Bavard

Basenotes Plus
Jul 20, 2015
I also recently ordered 2 sample sets. With postage that let me get most of what i wanted to try.
Uomo go my vote as well, due to the gorgeous dry down.

The opening is very similar to his Colonia, which I have, so not sure it’s worth the pick up. Wish I’d just gotten Uomo in the first place.

I don’t get HdP 1740 from Atman Xaman at all, for me Le Galion Asthete gives me that vibe, but more masculine.

Getting a 2nd set was good thinking!

Villoresi also composed all of the scents for the house of Ortigia Sicilia. All natural scents distilled from plants native to Sicily, each fragrance comes not only in EdP but also in an entire line of products for body, bath and home. I've owned two of the perfumes, Lime di Sicilia and Ambra Nera.

Lime di Sicilia is a clever take on the soliflor as it employs different parts of the same plant to structure its scent pyramid: lime wood for the base, lime oil in the heart, and lime flower at the top.

Ambra Nera is sex magic.

I love these and am surprised they don't get more attention here (Ortigia seems to have much better distribution in Europe, with shops in Italy, London and Berlin). Darvant has written very precise, accurate, and glowing reviews of most of the Ortigia scents--thankfully, as in many cases his review is the only review. At any rate, they are worth checking out, as each is available in a 10ml roll-on oil, which come quite cheaply in sets of four or eight on the website.

Fearless Comrade, you have more likes than posts at this point. I haven't tried anything from Ortigia Sicilia. I'll keep an eye out. Not being a fan of amber, I'm skeptical that something with "Ambra" in the name is going to be sex magic in my case, but I'm willing to give it a try.

I am trying my fourth and final sample, Villoresi Vetiver. It seems like an easy-to-wear vetiver, fairly light. The opening had a hint of Vicks Vaporub / menthol, and I think it worked. It transitions into a nice, light vetiver. A sample of this will surely be enough. It's nice, but I don't feel myself getting too excited about it - but then, there is something nice in there with the vetiver. When I smell it up close, there is a hint of something animalic and/or carnal that makes a strong positive impression. It's reminding me a bit of Bel Ami, smelled up close.

Last edited:

Johnny_Ludlow

Nov 2, 2004
During the last two decades I have worn LV Uomo more than any other fragrance. I only wear vintage with white sticker. It's painful to find but worth it. Current version is seriously watered down. Concept of beginnners luck obviously has nothing to do with luck, but about absolute disregard for rules. This is Villoresi with open and inventive beginnners mind. Absolutely natural and rustic combination of citrus, herbs, spices, neroli, vetiver and patchouli. Note separation is superb. It simply works and one cannot get tired of it. It feels real and substantial.

Vintage Acqua di Colonia is more or less best of its genre. I also own and love frosted bottle Piper Nigrum and vintage Vetiver.

Mar 14, 2020
During the last two decades I have worn LV Uomo more than any other fragrance. I only wear vintage with white sticker. It's painful to find but worth it. Current version is seriously watered down. Concept of beginnners luck obviously has nothing to do with luck, but about absolute disregard for rules. This is Villoresi with open and inventive beginnners mind. Absolutely natural and rustic combination of citrus, herbs, spices, neroli, vetiver and patchouli. Note separation is superb. It simply works and one cannot get tired of it. It feels real and substantial.

Vintage Acqua di Colonia is more or less best of its genre. I also own and love frosted bottle Piper Nigrum and vintage Vetiver.
I just wore my Uomo sample today, and think it's great, but of course, haven't tried vintage, maybe that's a good thing. I can see it becoming a favorite as well.

Oct 7, 2021
I haven't tried anything from Ortigia Sicilia. I'll keep an eye out. Not being a fan of amber, I'm skeptical that something with "Ambra" in the name is going to be sex magic in my case, but I'm willing to give it a try.
Ambra Nera is a midnight snack of dark chocolate, speculaas, and cognac, shared in bed with a musky, muscular lover whose locs are annointed with myrrh and patchouli oils.

It is my holy grail amber, and the best of it's genre i.m.o. It surpasses all of the Tauers, Lutenses, and my previous favorite, Ambre Fetiche by Goutal (I've emptied three bottles). Amber was indeed the gateway to my perfume addiction.

Nevertheless, I do understand your skepticism. I wonder whether the scourge of Ambroxan has ruined the whole genre, even those ambers that don't include that molecule, or predate its ubiquity? I recently bought a small bottle of L'eau d'Ambre Extreme, which I remember loving even a few years ago, but now I am unenthusiastic about.

All the Ortigia scents are organic, and such a relief from the chemical stews which have all started to smell the same to me (not only Ambroxan, but also Iso E Super, blech). Ortigia perfumes smell organic, natural, real. The tradeoff is they don't last long. But theyr'e worth that price.

Last edited:

slpfrsly

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Apr 1, 2019
Basically all of them apart from whatever is discontinued and the new Hyperborea. Good brand, good house, probably one of my favourites overall. There is a definite house 'style' which eschews many modern tricks or templates - which has its upsides as well as downsides.

The opening of Yerbamate is something incredible but it doesn't last, the drydown becomes powdery and sweet. If you like the floral-powder-soap style that dominates many of Villoresi's bases, then Musk may be the perfect fragrance.

Many of his oriental fragrances are lovely but I'm not sure they stand up to scrutiny against the likes of Serge Lutens, who is the other obvious reference point for 'original niche perfumers of the 90s' that have fallen out of fashion with the rise of nouveau-niche (PdM et al).

Still, one of the few niche brands worthy of the title and the price...sort of.

Uomo is decent but I thought Acqua di Colonia was better at doing a somewhat similar thing.

The brand feels somewhat dated, selling accompanying toiletry products. It feels, and in some ways smells, quite 1980s. That has its charm, and perhaps an overt appeal as well, but I wonder how difficult it is to survive in this manner considering the competiton. There's a general air of pot pourri to some of his scents that takes me back to the smells of 30 years ago.

It's interesting to read criticisms of current formulations, it doesn't surprise me.

Andyjreid

Oct 27, 2008
Over the years I've pretty much tried everything that Villoresi has to offer yet I've only ever returned to Uomo and Piper Nigrum for full bottles. I'd maybe get a small bottle of Theseus too but Uomo is my favourite.

Monsieur Montana

Jan 14, 2015
A few years ago I was given the chance to test almost all of the Villoresi perfumes.
The person who offered me the samples was the giant Colin who I miss more than anyone else in this forum. Without his contribution Basenotes has become significantly poorer and I hope that he is healthy.
Colin was a great fan of Uomo which I think is the best perfume of the line.
Nevertheless it wasn’t that good enough for me to make me buy a bottle. The rest of the line is ok, good perfumes but nothing exceptional.

Latest News