Versace Oud Noir NOT DISCONTINUED

KrisGreen

Basenotes Member
Aug 1, 2020
I don’t know why others keep sayings it’s discontinued. I have 2022 bottles, one of them a tester. That’s means somewhere in the world Oud Noir is available on shelves with tester bottles.

This is good for going camping with friends, safe date night if you’re a gay guy, str8 guys need something stronger.

A Versace Rep told me it’s sold and popular outside the states and only a select few American dealers have it. Dreamer is also not discontinued, I have 2022 bottles of that too.

Macy’s has it on their website. And I’ve seen it at a Macy’s in store 3 months ago downtown Chicago.

People said Versace crystal noir was discontinued, The EDP. It’s NOT. New packaging, only sold in Europe and not the states anymore. We are entering an era to where we need to import fragrances that are not sold here.

Just because something isn’t sold in your country does it mean it’s discontinued.

KrisGreen

Basenotes Member
Aug 1, 2020
Thought everyone should know, people keep saying it’s discontinued. It’s just scarce on eBay because it isn’t sold in the states yet it’s at Macy’s for $150. I wonder who else besides macys The first people to get their hands on overstock are grey market dealers like fragranceX. If there isn’t much overstock, less eBay listings.

It’s a good scent and lasts 2 1/2 hours on me projection wise.

gerbick

Basenotes Dependent
Jun 13, 2009
Is it any good? You know my tastes.
It's a more approachable version of oud, really similar to Tom Ford Oud Wood (airy and woody, not skanky) but it's not bad. I'd say sample - I did not keep my bottle for long though, not sure if you would either.

It was definitely middle of the road for me - 6/10. Longevity definitely is on the high side though but the middle notes hit a bit overly synthetic.

But to be honest, not sure I'd revisit it personally.

jkonick

Basenotes Dependent
Feb 16, 2019
This was one of the first "oud" fragrances I bought, and I've always though it was underappreciated. It's really similar to TF Oud Wood - same Comet bleach oud note and dusty cool spices but with a slightly warmer ambery base and a bit more focus on the spices. Overall it takes the TF in a more designer friendly direction, but it's still nice. FragranceNet has it still. I haven't actually had a bottle in forever because I've bought so many other, better ouds since. But someday I'll pick up another bottle, and luckily sounds like there's no rush.

KrisGreen

Basenotes Member
Aug 1, 2020
I thought it was just scarce. Glad to know that it's not discontinued... just darn hard to find!
You can get it on Macy’s website if you want 2022 bottles and have it to your house in 2 days. Or wait for the price to drop and get it on fragranceX. They had tester bottles and new bottles last I checked a month ago. Sometimes they have testers sometimes they don’t. My friends from the Uk and France said Oud Noir is literally everywhere perfume is sold and sells out fast. Its absent from stores in the US except major cities. I know it’s sold in stores in Manhattan.

Side note, this is more of a summer scent then a winter scent. At least for me.

gerbick

Basenotes Dependent
Jun 13, 2009
You can get it on Macy’s website if you want 2022 bottles and have it to your house in 2 days. Or wait for the price to drop and get it on fragranceX. They had tester bottles and new bottles last I checked a month ago. Sometimes they have testers sometimes they don’t. My friends from the Uk and France said Oud Noir is literally everywhere perfume is sold and sells out fast. Its absent from stores in the US except major cities. I know it’s sold in stores in Manhattan.

Side note, this is more of a summer scent then a winter scent. At least for me.
I found the female Versace Oud variant, but not the male version on Macy's website this morning. When I was looking for it initially, it was hard to find but easier to order online. I just was not in a place to blind buy it since me + oud is always a challenge. I'll keep looking, but not finding it presently.

Thanks for the heads up.

KrisGreen

Basenotes Member
Aug 1, 2020
I found the female Versace Oud variant, but not the male version on Macy's website this morning. When I was looking for it initially, it was hard to find but easier to order online. I just was not in a place to blind buy it since me + oud is always a challenge. I'll keep looking, but not finding it presently.

Thanks for the heads up.
It was temporarily out of stock on Macys and it’s back in stock.

Zenwannabee

Sep 15, 2009
Also available on Amazon and Walmart, but the prices are higher than previously. Still, I think this is an excellent and often under-appreciated scent, and a great intro to oud fragrances. Seems often to get lost behind the marketing for Eros and Dylan Blue. But still I think very much a quality scent—and one of the best designer scents of the past decade.

KrisGreen

Basenotes Member
Aug 1, 2020
Update still in stock on Macys. Apparently Macys sells some imported fragrances that are regional, such as Versace Dreamer. Dreamer is only sold in the US around the holidays in those gift boxes, that’s it.

When something is dropped from the US market, people assume it’s discontinued. Versace Yellow Diamond Intense got new packaging this year but vanished from
American shelves 2 years ago entirely.

Can’t find something? Visit perfume shops next time you travel to Europe. Import them from European/Asian stores if you can’t travel. FragranceX and Net both carry fragrances not sold in US.

Foamywax

Basenotes Dependent
May 2, 2013
Just because it's been left on some shelves in department stores doesn't mean it's still in production. Dreamer has been taken off the website but it might still be in production ...these current batches though are just not very good

Latest News