Van Cleef & Arpels Collection Extraordinarie - California Reverie ?

DeletedUser20210620

Jan 27, 2007
I found by accident an auction of this Van Cleef fragrance that i never heard of, and ended winning it.
I couldn't find any information of notes and launch - it seems that it was a gift of Van Cleef when they launched the California Reverie Collection.

Hope that someone can help find more about it!

DeletedUser20210620

Jan 27, 2007
Picture of the bottle

985.JPG

987.JPG

DeletedUser20210620

Jan 27, 2007
Sounds pretty rare rick, congratulations!

Have you get it as a bargain?

No, i wasn`t so lucky to win it as bargain, i had some competition =/ But i ended winning it for less than they are charging this collection on ebay, 96 dollars, so i think it was a good price anyway

seattlelight

Sep 1, 2007
That was a great collection of fragrances I thought - apparently, some of the "collection extraordinaire" are no longer available.

I sure wish I knew more about the fragrance you won, but I thought I'd check my boxes against your photos and see if there would be any clues.

Looking at the photos, of course there is the "gift - not for sale" comment on the back of the box and above that a reference number.

On my Muguet Blanc: VA010A05
On my Orchidee Vanille: VA010A02

I purchased these probably 6 months to a year apart.

There were a total of six fragrances in the official series at Neimans. I wonder if the reference numbers go from A01-A06 in those last three entries? If so, yours is A08, which suggests possibly an A07.

Also, my boxes do not have a defined date on the box front. Instead, there is a number and letter code.

I really wish I knew definitively where this originated as I really do like the entire previous collection. As you say, it looks like a lovely, exclusive gift at a launch of the collection extraordinaire. A fragrance, perhaps, that we'll experience in a future launch of a series? Makes one wonder....

Have you opened / sniffed it yet? Could you please give us a clue about notes? Does it have the same quality as the others? Or is it more like their mainstream scents?

Thank you for the intriguing puzzle and I hope you thoroughly enjoy your new purchase!

Latest News