valentino uomo vs valentino uomo intense

cameron

Oct 17, 2011
i am really getting to like both of these. appreciating VU more and more, and though i thought initially VUI was too sweet now i am loving it.

what are you thoughts as you compare the two? do you like one vs the other and do you think one is suited better for certain occasions vs the other?

EasyToAssemble

Jan 3, 2016
I recently bought Uomo Intense. I definitely smell more iris in the Intense version, with chocolate-hazelnut notes of VU original being dialed back a little. This brings it somewhere near Midnight In Paris or an intense version of Dior Homme (not Dior Homme Intense though, just a stronger DH).

I already own a few leathery, irisy fragrances so realised I might have preferred a bottle of Uomo original for the sake of variation (I have a tester right now). I think both variants would work well in similar settings such as evening events, although they're not too risky for the office. Definitely best for autumn / winter I think.

Both cut from the same cloth: It just depends whether you prefer a shift toward leather/iris (Intense) or toward hazelnut-chocolate (Original) but they're pretty similar in my opinion. It's a close call as to whether they're different enough to warrant owning both, though.

Ken_Russell

Jan 21, 2006
Personally liking the Intense a bit more- in this particular case, not due to the increased performance, but far more because the sweetness, present in both fragrances, takes a more complex and more enjoyably challenging turn in this one.

espresso.

Nov 7, 2013
Is Uomo Intense redundant next to Dior Homme? Does it bring anything new to the table or it's just an unnecessary variation for someone already owning Dior Homme?

EasyToAssemble

Jan 3, 2016
Is Uomo Intense redundant next to Dior Homme? Does it bring anything new to the table or it's just an unnecessary variation for someone already owning Dior Homme?

It's often put forward for those who prefer DH over DHI (I certainly do) but who wish DH had a little more staying power and projection. In that sense, it fulfills a somewhat useful purpose for anyone who hasn't yet got DH in their collection.

goodenstuff

Apr 6, 2015
I was dying to try Uomo Intense and finally got ahold of a sample. My impression of it one full wearing is that it smells really, really similar to Dior Homme. I honestly couldn't tell the difference upon spraying as both are creamy, iris dominant scents. Unfortunately Uomo Intense didn't perform much better on me than the current DH, which performs pretty poorly on me. That said, Uomo Intense is nothing like the original Uomo, which has a gourmand hazelnut vibe to it (which I dig quite a bit). Neither version to me smell anything like DHI, which is much richer and sweeter, layering the signature iris which it's cocoa, tobacco-like vibe. That said as of now I feel like Uomo Intense is somewhat of a redundant purchase if you already have DH, but remember this is only based on one day's wearing.

CollectorCT

Feb 29, 2016
I recently tested Valentino Uomo Intense at Lord & Talyor. It is a beautiful, semi-gourmond - Iris and vanilla dominant. The fragrance is both sweet and creamy while remaining masculine. It will make you feel sexy and sophisticated. Performance was good too.

ahmad-a

Jan 15, 2016
Everytime I wear this I get complimented. I didn't expect this one to be so complimented by women. It gets me more attention than DHI (although I like DHI more).

Latest News