Undershirts / Tshirts - your preferences?

finsfan

Aug 6, 2003
Too long have I been putting up with yellow stains under the arm pits, or sheer shirts. Wife got me some beefy JC Penney / Stafford brand. I thought they would be too heavy but no, they are not. A bit pricier than than the Hanes/Fruit of the Loom brands at Walmart about $21 for 4 when you get them on sale at Penney's versus about $14 for 6 of the Hanes.

I even tried the 60% cotton / 40% polyester shirts that are 'cooler" Again, Hanes is so sheer. However, I got some from a brand called Arizona at JC Penney and they seem better somehow. Got them in grey to wear under white shirts as they show less under a white cotton dress shirt than a white tshirt.

I prefer v neck over a crew. Starting to wear less white and more of the grey year round. And even a couple of black for sweaters

hednic

Oct 25, 2007
For white undershirts, I use Prada. For T-shirts I'll wear any to relax in as long as they are 100% cotton.

Danny Mitchell

Mar 21, 2019
I never wear undershirts unless I'm wearing a sweater. Under a dress shirt, I think they look tacky. I did buy a few v-neck plain white and a grey tshirt from Banana Republic and I love to wear those to work or just for casual on the weekends. I love em!

ChuckW

Aug 21, 2001
I never wear undershirts unless I'm wearing a sweater. Under a dress shirt, I think they look tacky. I did buy a few v-neck plain white and a grey tshirt from Banana Republic and I love to wear those to work or just for casual on the weekends. I love em!

My sentiments exactly. I do love Lacoste v-necks by themselves for summer wear, in all kinds of colors.

Ken_Russell

Jan 21, 2006
Have some CK undershirts and some cheaper ones by the in house brands found in most large chain stores.

Having said this, always undershirts for winter and colder weather below a dress shirt, blouse or sweater and once the weather becomes warmer, either polo shirts or simply, clean cut collarless and/or sleeveless t-shirts, usually in mostly functional, neutral, non flashy colors-owning simply too many of the latter by too many brands to have one long term favorite label (yet).

Rinx7

Mar 14, 2021
Outlier NYC ultrafine merino T-shirts. Outlier has fantastic color selection typically (though lots of the best colorways sell out basically immediately), merino is awesome, and they are durable as heck.

Bavard

Wearing Perfume Right Now
Basenotes Plus
Jul 20, 2015
Crew neck. No pocket t's! Black, gray, and white. No visible text, label, etc.

checkmate

Sep 8, 2013
I like the Tommy John t-shirts, both in crew even and v-neck as well as Jockey and CK. All 3 stay “tucked” and tend not to discolor too quickly and hold their shape.

I actually took a chance on New Balance undershirts I saw at Marshall’s that were on clearance and have liked them quite a bit.

wood&leather

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Apr 27, 2018
I've tried many different brands but ultimately settled on "the t-shirt" from asket.com

I love the sizing to Medium Short, Medium Regular, Medium Long for example. I bought two to try them out then went back and bought 10 in various colors.

Latest News