Tsvga Parfvms

Scent Detective

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Dec 15, 2015
I've been huffing Fiona today, LOL, and this red champaca is so wonderful. I believe I like Fiona more than I do Walimah, which is saying something! I've been trying to put a finger on what Fiona reminds me of, and it reminds me partially of Kyara Koko by Ensar Oud. Not completely, but the blending of the ouds has a similar feel and it just smells so wonderful! The blending is SO enjoyable. The far dry down of Fiona seems to be mainly the ouds, with the florals and musks calmed way down and ghosted far into the background.

I know what you mean by the "grape juice aroma", DrB1414. There is a fruitiness to Fiona that's similar in the opening of Kyara Koko as well, but again, I think I prefer Fiona. Considering a back up bottle. It's that good to my nose.

Paddington

Marmalade Sandwich Eater
Basenotes Plus
Jun 17, 2021
I've been huffing Fiona today, LOL, and this red champaca is so wonderful. I believe I like Fiona more than I do Walimah, which is saying something! I've been trying to put a finger on what Fiona reminds me of, and it reminds me partially of Kyara Koko by Ensar Oud. Not completely, but the blending of the ouds has a similar feel and it just smells so wonderful! The blending is SO enjoyable. The far dry down of Fiona seems to be mainly the ouds, with the florals and musks calmed way down and ghosted far into the background.

I know what you mean by the "grape juice aroma", DrB1414. There is a fruitiness to Fiona that's similar in the opening of Kyara Koko as well, but again, I think I prefer Fiona. Considering a back up bottle. It's that good to my nose.
o... this sounds tempting

Cheetah1919

Basenotes Dependent
Mar 16, 2016
So just happened to try my first Tsvga today. As a free sample from luckyscent I grabbed
Pipe. I’m not sure if this is a completely new offering, or a version of something before that had the word pipe in it, but anyway, it is really good! Very thick and rich decently sweet pipe tobacco and some whiskey. Gonna get some more Tsvga samples soon

bl00drunzcold

Basenotes Junkie
Apr 24, 2018
I
So just happened to try my first Tsvga today. As a free sample from luckyscent I grabbed
Pipe. I’m not sure if this is a completely new offering, or a version of something before that had the word pipe in it, but anyway, it is really good! Very thick and rich decently sweet pipe tobacco and some whiskey. Gonna get some more Tsvga samples soon
its a new variation of A Man and His Pipe

AZsmells

Basenotes Dependent
Jul 11, 2004
I just got some samples of some TSVGA.
Quick reviews
Pipe - Excellent tobacco. Smells natural. Really nice.
Milestones- Oud, bitter chocolate, spicy sandalwood. Very nice.
XXX - a sweeter oud than milestones but not annoyingly sweet. Very nice.
White T - nice casual summer fragrance. Nothing mindblowing but just comforting.

Overall I am impressed by these fragrances. They all smell like they use a lot naturals. They give me the same vibe as La Via del Profumo.

bl00drunzcold

Basenotes Junkie
Apr 24, 2018
I just got some samples of some TSVGA.
Quick reviews
Pipe - Excellent tobacco. Smells natural. Really nice.
Milestones- Oud, bitter chocolate, spicy sandalwood. Very nice.
XXX - a sweeter oud than milestones but not annoyingly sweet. Very nice.
White T - nice casual summer fragrance. Nothing mindblowing but just comforting.

Overall I am impressed by these fragrances. They all smell like they use a lot naturals. They give me the same vibe as La Via del Profumo.
How prominent is the coffee in Pipe?

Scent Detective

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Dec 15, 2015
I got samples of White T and Sundress. Both smell very nice, but have limited staying power on my skin, at least from dabber samples. I think I actually prefer Sundress to White T, but I'd definitely wear them both.

As for Fiona, I agree...it is indeed beautiful...not sure which batch I have though.

brothernature

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Sep 22, 2020
I think Fiona, batch 3, is his masterpiece. One of the best animalic-florals I have ever smelt. I also enjoy Rufio and Juxtaposition.
Rufio is the one I was blown away by. I do enjoy Fiona and Myrrhder a LOT too.

I had not tried the new Pipe until this morning, but it is super well done. Loving it thus far!

Dr B1414

Basenotes Junkie
Oct 21, 2019
I'm wearing a sample of Jux2position that James threw in with my Fiona bottle purchase and I do enjoy this a lot. To me, it smells like a blend of woods, resins(labdanum maybe?), spices, and some fruits. A beautiful perfume really. I'm pondering about getting more samples from James. Pipe and Milestones sound like something that I would enjoy. Can't say that I crave any of the others. So far Fiona is a huge love, Rufio is a big like and very interesting perfume, Jux2position is a really strong like.

Paddington

Marmalade Sandwich Eater
Basenotes Plus
Jun 17, 2021
I'm wearing a sample of Jux2position that James threw in with my Fiona bottle purchase and I do enjoy this a lot. To me, it smells like a blend of woods, resins(labdanum maybe?), spices, and some fruits. A beautiful perfume really. I'm pondering about getting more samples from James. Pipe and Milestones sound like something that I would enjoy. Can't say that I crave any of the others. So far Fiona is a huge love, Rufio is a big like and very interesting perfume, Jux2position is a really strong like.
Think he’s doing a new rufio on steroids.

Personally need to revisit his brand again at some point quite a few things I wish to try

naylor

Basenotes Institution
Oct 24, 2011
200w.gif

Latest News