Trussardi Uomo; Selective Beauty version

Jul 9, 2021
Hi all, I have looked for a thread specifically about this without seeing any. Hope you can forgive me if I’ve missed it.

As the thread title implies, I wonder whether the ‘90s version of the Trussardi Uomo by Selective Beauty SA is worth its fairly hefty price tag?

I’ll add a picture from the Bay, so you’ll see what version I am talking about. To me, it seems to indicate that the bottle is made somewhere between ’92 and up until ’99. From 1999 and onwards there was yet another recycling label added to the green dot, which depicts a person throwing waste in a basket. This picture is not present alongside of the green dot, which is why I conclude said age span.

Does anyone have any ideas about this, whether this is correct and most importantly, whether the juice is similar or at least enough similar to ‘80s fare, for it to be worth a buy?
A penny for your thought, thanks!

Screenshot_20220725-105638_eBay (1).jpg

relus

Basenotes Junkie
Mar 21, 2019
This is the timeline conserning the different batches;
TRUSSARDI perfumes;
1981-1991: produced by "ICR Cosmetics"
1992-2000: produced by "Trussardi perfumes" and/or "Scannon"
2000-2005: produced by Cosmopolitan Cosmetics
2005-2010: produced by "Selective Beauty" or "Perfume Holding"
since 20011: produced by "ICR-ITF"

relus

Basenotes Junkie
Mar 21, 2019
I have several bottles from diff batches. SELECTIVE Beaute was considered to have changed the scent a lot. Still i like that version. But yes, trussardi parfums and scannon are a litle better to my nose. But selective beauty bottles are way better than whats on the market today. Really.

Last edited:

nosey74

Basenotes Dependent
Aug 30, 2014
Hi all, I have looked for a thread specifically about this without seeing any. Hope you can forgive me if I’ve missed it.

As the thread title implies, I wonder whether the ‘90s version of the Trussardi Uomo by Selective Beauty SA is worth its fairly hefty price tag?

I’ll add a picture from the Bay, so you’ll see what version I am talking about. To me, it seems to indicate that the bottle is made somewhere between ’92 and up until ’99. From 1999 and onwards there was yet another recycling label added to the green dot, which depicts a person throwing waste in a basket. This picture is not present alongside of the green dot, which is why I conclude said age span.

Does anyone have any ideas about this, whether this is correct and most importantly, whether the juice is similar or at least enough similar to ‘80s fare, for it to be worth a buy?
A penny for your thought, thanks!

View attachment 262110
I have the Selective Beauty (S.B.) version and while I can't compare it to the first couple of versions I can say that my S.B. version is very strong and mellows out quite nicely over time.

Jul 9, 2021
I have the Selective Beauty (S.B.) version and while I can't compare it to the first couple of versions I can say that my S.B. version is very strong and mellows out quite nicely over time.
Thanks nosey74, for your point of view. It seems as though prices for this scent are little overblown. Maybe I'll have to make a pass on the plans of acquiring a bottle of this.

Jul 9, 2021
I'm not sure what you consider expensive, but I bought a Selective Beauty bottle from this seller:

Selective Beauty Trussardi Uomo - Ebay

Well worth the price to me. I can't compare it to earlier versions, but I find it to be a fantastic, long-lasting dirty leather.
Yes, that's the one I've seen too.
But does this version then come with the long ingredients list? It ought to, since Selective Beauty started manufacturing this in 2005, according to the post above by relus. I'm only asking because the seller's photos give you the impression of a short ingredients list.

Bangkok Hound

User of Toilet Water
Basenotes Plus
Nov 4, 2015
Yes, that's the one I've seen too.
But does this version then come with the long ingredients list? It ought to, since Selective Beauty started manufacturing this in 2005, according to the post above by relus. I'm only asking because the seller's photos give you the impression of a short ingredients list.
My bottle is exactly like the seller's photos and has a long ingredients list.

5CcCbcX.jpeg

RCavs

Basenotes Dependent
Sep 13, 2004
For what it's worth, here are my Eau de toilette and After-shave; both labeled ICR, and both smelling fantastic. Thanks to Marand, wherever he is, because he made me smell Trussardi uomo.

View attachment 262216

View attachment 262217
91's ICR or 2000's newer ones? I'll have to see which version is my vintage bottle.
Looking at your bottles, I'd see from empirical learning that big greyhound logos in both box and bottle means good juice.
My selective beauty watered down bottle had a small greyhound logo in the box. Evernia Furfuracea (treemoss) listed is also a bad sign.

Jean-Sté

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Jan 1, 2021
91's ICR or 2000's newer ones? I'll have to see which version is my vintage bottle.
Looking at your bottles, I'd see from empirical learning that big greyhound logos in both box and bottle means good juice.
My selective beauty watered down bottle had a small greyhound logo in the box. Evernia Furfuracea (treemoss) listed is also a bad sign.
I'll check ASAP and I tell you.

RCavs

Basenotes Dependent
Sep 13, 2004
Watered down? Wow, my SB bottle is a beast! I can't imagine it being any stronger.
Maybe there are different selective beauty's versions, Nosey or perhaps I bought a fake bottle(I remember I bought it in between 2012/13 from a italian seller on ebay).
I've been thinking that maybe the one I got was the last version before changing bottle's design... I wouldn't be surprised if after trying trussardi Uomo's plain black (no reptile skin) bottle, I realized It smells exactly like the selective beauty's bottle I had. o_O

relus

Basenotes Junkie
Mar 21, 2019
I think jean ste' s bottles are icr /:spa milano, original batch . I can post some of my bottles if you want. Theres also some older threads on basenotes regarding Trussardi uomo, its interesting theres still different experiences regarding the smell, and batches. But thats the life of vintage perfumery i guess.

RCavs

Basenotes Dependent
Sep 13, 2004
I think jean ste' s bottles are icr /:spa milano, original batch . I can post some of my bottles if you want. Theres also some older threads on basenotes regarding Trussardi uomo, its interesting theres still different experiences regarding the smell, and batches. But thats the life of vintage perfumery i guess.
Thanks, relus!! I'll be glad if you take your time to post some of your bottles. It'll enrich the discussion!

Jean-Sté

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Jan 1, 2021
Indeed, relus: both are labeled ICR Milano. Eau de toilette's batch is 8D33, meaning (I think) 1984; After-shave's batch is 9303, meaning "I don't know"...

relus

Basenotes Junkie
Mar 21, 2019
This is the aftershave icr milano, bottom of the bottle, pre bar code, early bottle for sure, 1983 maybe?

Attachments

• 20220726_180506.jpg
    20220726_180506.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 8
Last edited:

relus

Basenotes Junkie
Mar 21, 2019
The eau de toilette icr milano. Also pre bar code, both the ○ symbol as the % are used.

Attachments

• 20220726_175909.jpg
    20220726_175909.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 10
  • 20220726_175942.jpg
    20220726_175942.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 10
Last edited:

relus

Basenotes Junkie
Mar 21, 2019
This is my Selective Beaute bottle, but the text is damaged. But yes, maybe a difference is the bigger greyhound logo opposed to the smaller one on later bottles? That could explain difference in smell regarding selective beaute bottles.

Attachments

• 20220726_175544.jpg
    20220726_175544.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 6
  • 20220726_175526.jpg
    20220726_175526.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 6

relus

Basenotes Junkie
Mar 21, 2019
I also have a Trussardi uomo Scannon bottle, that would make it more complete, but i have to look tbat one up, its stashed away somewhere..

relus

Basenotes Junkie
Mar 21, 2019
I'm not sure what you consider expensive, but I bought a Selective Beauty bottle from this seller:

Selective Beauty Trussardi Uomo - Ebay

Well worth the price to me. I can't compare it to earlier versions, but I find it to be a fantastic, long-lasting dirty leather.
Not very important maybe, but that ebay seller states its a old version, 1983, when its clearly not an old version, at least not a 1983 bottle or 1st edition. I guess thats the effect of calling a lot vintage / old when there are clearly different editions. But maybe thats only interesting for the collectors, lol!

Jul 9, 2021
Not very important maybe, but that ebay seller states its a old version, 1983, when its clearly not an old version, at least not a 1983 bottle or 1st edition. I guess thats the effect of calling a lot vintage / old when there are clearly different editions. But maybe thats only interesting for the collectors, lol!
I've seen that every now and then. I'd call it fraudulent.

RCavs

Basenotes Dependent
Sep 13, 2004
This is my Selective Beaute bottle, but the text is damaged. But yes, maybe a difference is the bigger greyhound logo opposed to the smaller one on later bottles? That could explain difference in smell regarding selective beaute bottles.
If my selective beauty's bottle isn't fake, that's why I had the watered down juice perception when I smelled It.

nosey74

Basenotes Dependent
Aug 30, 2014
Jul 9, 2021

Latest News

Whatever your taste in perfume, we've got you covered...

catalogue your collection, keep track of your perfume wish-list, log your daily fragrance wears, review your latest finds, seek out long-lost scented loves, keep track of the latest perfume news, find your new favourite fragrance, and discuss perfume with like-minded people from all over the world...