Tom Ford Cherry Smoke?

Vitamin D

Jan 8, 2021
Surprised there isn't a thread about this yet. There have been photos and bottles posted on eBay about this apparent new Tom Ford fragrance that is expected to release for Christmas.

Sebastian talked about it in his recent video here:

Reddit thread: https://www.reddit.com/r/fragrance/comments/y7n6z3
eBay listing: https://www.ebay.com/itm/2659614260...BpfP8tqo2ySserz4o+hP4nJIqL|tkp:Bk9SR6jcgPKLYQ

I wonder if it's any good! I hope it leans masculine, as I'd love to get a really nice masculine cherry scent in my collection. I didn't like guerlain l'homme ideal edp.

pfranka

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Apr 1, 2010
First time hearing of it. I wonder if TF would be willing to create something like Cherry Vanille?
CSP used to have one like that - Vanille Cerise. One year (early 2000's) there was a triple set in those blue glass bottles: Vanille-Cerise, Vanille-Framboise & Vanille-Ambre (I think). They were really good! Rumor meanwhile, but I read somewhere that TF might also be having another cherry scent and a vanilla one coming out as well.

Oct 17, 2020
I ended up buying a bottle from ebay, the smaller 30ml size that was priced the same as other 30 mls at a discounted rate, probably not gonna get any cheaper than that and not bad for a fragrance that hasn't even been released. Trying it, the beginning is a huge blast of iris, cherry smoke isn't as boozy as lost cherry and it's a very powdery iris cherry smell. Gonna test it more and see how it compares with lost cherry but I'd say its pretty similar just with the iris instead of booze.

edit: as its drying down it definitely is getting more of a darker smoothed out cherry with a hint of smoke.

Vitamin D

Jan 8, 2021
Would you say it leans masculine? Similar to how Plum Japonais could lean masculine for some? How’s performance?

Oct 17, 2020
Would you say it leans masculine? Similar to how Plum Japonais could lean masculine for some? How’s performance?
Yeah I'd definitely say it leans itself as masculine. Cherry Smoke would be more conventionally masculine compared to Plum Japonais. Havent been able to test performance, did a quick spray on my wrist to try it out.

Vitamin D

Jan 8, 2021
Yeah I'd definitely say it leans itself as masculine. Cherry Smoke would be more conventionally masculine compared to Plum Japonais. Havent been able to test performance, did a quick spray on my wrist to try it out.

Have you happened to try Guerlain’s L’Homme Ideal EDP? I’m wondering how similar it is to Cherry Smoke.

Oct 17, 2020
Have you happened to try Guerlain’s L’Homme Ideal EDP? I’m wondering how similar it is to Cherry Smoke.
Yeah thats a pretty apt comparison. I'd say Cherry Smoke is more of a pronounced and darker cherry note, and there is a smokiness to it that isn't found in ideal edp. But the powdery cherry of both does make for them being similar.

I believe some people get some sort of smoke out of ideal edp but to me its always been about being powdery. ideal l'intense is something I'd definitely say is smoky with the smoke and chili notes. So if you get a smoke feel from ideal edp than than there is a lot more of a masculine smoke note in Cherry Smoke. The name of it really does the smell justice.

HFMIII

Basenotes Dependent
Nov 29, 2016
Have there been any official confirmations from Estee Lauder or Tom Ford that this is a real thing? Just because there are bottles on eBay doesn't mean it's a real release.

HFMIII

Basenotes Dependent
Nov 29, 2016
So, you think it's a "smoke" screen?:)
Possibly, there was one a couple of years ago called "Chocolate" in labeled TF private blend bottles. They looked pretty convincing and were all over eBay and are still floating around out there.

It was a counterfeit and not a TF fragrance.

It should be a huge red flag to anyone that eBay sellers have a new release before any boutique or even more so before the company even announces it...

Last edited:

PapiStyle

Jul 22, 2008
At this point I'm certainly getting skeptical, but I can't find anything that gives it away as a counterfeit. Identical atomizer and packaging to my other authentic Tom Fords.

Sep 9, 2022
It should be a huge red flag to anyone that eBay sellers have a new release before any boutique or even more so before the company even announces it...

Really, it's nothing new for me? I saw Soleil Brulant, the re-releases of Santal Blush/Bois Marocain, Lavender Extreme, and the Rose Trio on eBay (all from one particular seller--who also has Cherry Smoke--who I think works somewhere along the supply chain) longggg before they were officially released. In the case of Santal Blush, I saw it popping up on their store as early as June (official release was Sept. 1st).

HFMIII

Basenotes Dependent
Nov 29, 2016
Really, it's nothing new for me? I saw Soleil Brulant, the re-releases of Santal Blush/Bois Marocain, Lavender Extreme, and the Rose Trio on eBay (all from one particular seller--who also has Cherry Smoke--who I think works somewhere along the supply chain) longggg before they were officially released. In the case of Santal Blush, I saw it popping up on their store as early as June (official release was Sept. 1st).

Interesting, you never know. Maybe it's legit.

Although another indicator is the name hasn't been trademarked by Tom Ford as far as I can find in the trademark listings. That usually takes place well in advance of a fragrance release. But what do I know?

I emailed TF Customer Service, so I'll report back with their response.

Oct 17, 2020
As someone who has a bottle, it absolutely has the tom ford dna and a similar smell to lost cherry as if it is a legitimate flanker to it. It most definitely is not a counterfeit. As far as if it will be a legitimate release, who knows, maybe they for whatever reason pulled out on it and employees were able to obtain a few bottles? Could be a number of scenarios about what is happening with the scent.

Sep 9, 2022
As someone who has a bottle, it absolutely has the tom ford dna and a similar smell to lost cherry as if it is a legitimate flanker to it. It most definitely is not a counterfeit. As far as if it will be a legitimate release, who knows, maybe they for whatever reason pulled out on it and employees were able to obtain a few bottles? Could be a number of scenarios about what is happening with the scent.
could be the cross-industry supply chain issues as well. Perhaps production had to be halted and moved to someplace else, and these were early batches and mass production still needs to ramp up before wide release?

Latest News

Whatever your taste in perfume, we've got you covered...

catalogue your collection, keep track of your perfume wish-list, log your daily fragrance wears, review your latest finds, seek out long-lost scented loves, keep track of the latest perfume news, find your new favourite fragrance, and discuss perfume with like-minded people from all over the world...