Today I Sold/Swapped/Binned

speckmann0706

Mar 8, 2017
Selling Chanel Platinum Egoiste, after multiple wearing I’ve decided that I didn’t enjoy it. I would always get a odd unpleasant smell after awhile turned me off to it. Not to say it’s a bad fragrance just not a must have Chanel. So far I have axed three Chanel’s from my collection the rest I feel are safe as permanent additions in my collection.

bartholomew

Jun 6, 2016
Selling Chanel Platinum Egoiste, after multiple wearing I’ve decided that I didn’t enjoy it. I would always get a odd unpleasant smell after awhile turned me off to it.

My experience as well. I really loved the opening but after a while there was something in the floral / herbal base that I didn't quite enjoy.

pippin06

Feb 8, 2017
Recently given away: aramis classic (recent formulations--still a fan), Hanae Mori edt, Habit Rouge edt, Geurlain Veviter edt, Versace Eros

SafeShave

May 11, 2016
b880559b6ca88ee5e3304c3ff1b6111d.png

SafeShave

May 11, 2016
....but I did sell my Creed Bois du Portugal (had skin problems from it, some kind of allergie). Sold my Creed Original Vetiver, lovely fresh scent, but my Mugler Cologne gives me equal pleasure. Week ago sold GIT, enjoyed it long enough. And yesterday sold my Creed Aventus. Goa a good price for it and enjoyed it while I owned it. But did’nt seem special enough to keep.
Looks like an Exodus for Creed. On the other hand, collection Amouage now 5. So happy nontheless.

MELBOURNE21

Sep 7, 2015
July has been a selling month lol :)

PDE - Cuir Ottoman
Roja - Fetish
Armani Prive - Sable Fume

1 more to sell still - 50ml of Creed Feuille Verte

NickZee

Sep 19, 2014
....but I did sell my Creed Bois du Portugal (had skin problems from it, some kind of allergie). Sold my Creed Original Vetiver, lovely fresh scent, but my Mugler Cologne gives me equal pleasure. Week ago sold GIT, enjoyed it long enough. And yesterday sold my Creed Aventus. Goa a good price for it and enjoyed it while I owned it. But did’nt seem special enough to keep.
Looks like an Exodus for Creed. On the other hand, collection Amouage now 5. So happy nontheless.

I recently did the Creed exodus as well, 8 bottles gone. Only remaining are Aventus, BdP, Spice & Wood, Jardin d’Amalfi and Acier Aluminium. I tried selling the Jardin d’Amalfi, but the prices I was being offered would have cut too deep

Benz3ne

Nov 14, 2017
Major cull here. List is as long as my arm but gives me a good view of what I wear/enjoy versus don't wear/enjoy less. It's not to say that I wouldn't repurchase in the future, but I'm more happy with a smaller collection tailored more to my tastes.

A few more left to go and I'll be procuring a bottle (on the horizon) and trialling a few oud attars with the funds raised (by no means profit, definitely sold at a loss)!

IsoESuperman

People of Zee Wurl, Relax
Basenotes Plus
Dec 30, 2015
Baque - Slumberhouse

Unloaded a back up bottle to a fellow fan. I bought 3 when it was first re-released as (potentially) a limited edition, thinking that if I loved it, which I do, that I could have an extra and I could help out a fellow BNer who missed the opportunity to buy one. It ended up going back into the lineup so I was stuck with one too many. Had to sell at a slight loss, but I'm glad it found a good home.

ILikePeeps

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
May 15, 2012
Let's see.. since my last post maybe at least..

Dior Homme Parfum tester
Amouage Fate Woman
Russian Oud
Penhaligon's Castile
Homme de Gres
Rasasi Hawas
TdH Eau Tres Fraiche
Mancera Aoud Vanille
Millesime Imperial

IsoESuperman

Basenotes Plus
Dec 30, 2015
Let's see.. since my last post maybe at least..

Dior Homme Parfum tester
Amouage Fate Woman
Russian Oud
Penhaligon's Castile
Homme de Gres
Rasasi Hawas
TdH Eau Tres Fraiche
Mancera Aoud Vanille
Millesime Imperial

That was fast! Posted in Today I Bought less than 24 hours ago. How long until you rebuy? :D

How are you liking Terrarossa? It's been on my list for a while.

ILikePeeps

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
May 15, 2012
That was fast! Posted in Today I Bought less than 24 hours ago. How long until you rebuy? :D

How are you liking Terrarossa? It's been on my list for a while.

Oh no, I sold a grey market bottle and bought a retail bottle. So the one in the 'Today I bought' thread hasn't arrived yet, :).

The Terrarossa is pretty good, gotta wear it more. That opening is nice. Citrusy Grey Vetiver, :D. Waiting on a replacement bottle though, as mine came kinda messed up.

MELBOURNE21

Sep 7, 2015
In the past week i let go of:

Eau Sauvage Parfum
Eau Sauvage Cuir Freicheur
Dior Fahrenheit Vintage
Nasomatto Blamage
Jeroboam Vespero
Millesime Imperial

Varanis Ridari

The Scented Devil
Basenotes Plus
Oct 17, 2012
Oh no, I sold a grey market bottle and bought a retail bottle. So the one in the 'Today I bought' thread hasn't arrived yet, :).

The Terrarossa is pretty good, gotta wear it more. That opening is nice. Citrusy Grey Vetiver, :D. Waiting on a replacement bottle though, as mine came kinda messed up.

Were you concerned the grey market bottle was fake?

IsoESuperman

Basenotes Plus
Dec 30, 2015
A few arrived at their new homes today:

Grev - Slumberhouse (virgin backup that was unnecessary to own)

Pear + Olive - Slumberhouse (creative and original, but for me unwearable. kept a 3ml decant for reference)

Ambre 114 - Histoire de Parfums (not a fan of "golden" ambers)

FCM415

Jan 25, 2018
Amouage Lyric Man - Many fans of this but soapy, fresh, lime, incense rose smells off putting to me. I like darker roses such as POAL, TF Oud Fleur and the like.

Zegna Acqua Bergamotto - Wife smashed the bottle. Casualty of her protesting my hobby.

Ferrari Radiant Bergamot - I love my bergamots and this is just not getting any wear. Gave it to a friend.

MFK Oud - Smells funny. Blind buy fail. Sucks because I can smell genuine oud in it but its combination of smoke and elemi (?) ruins it for me.

Amouage Reflection Man - Gross. Ill stick to what Amouage is fantastic at: Powerhouse, dark, oriental.

ADP Cedro Di Taormina - Will be selling soon. Boring. I have too many cedar/woods citrus scents that does a better job.

I have a wide range of taste, from freshie to indie-weird btw.

NickZee

Sep 19, 2014
Amouage Lyric Man - Many fans of this but soapy, fresh, lime, incense rose smells off putting to me. I like darker roses such as POAL, TF Oud Fleur and the like.

Zegna Acqua Bergamotto - Wife smashed the bottle. Casualty of her protesting my hobby.

Ferrari Radiant Bergamot - I love my bergamots and this is just not getting any wear. Gave it to a friend.

MFK Oud - Smells funny. Blind buy fail. Sucks because I can smell genuine oud in it but its combination of smoke and elemi (?) ruins it for me.

Amouage Reflection Man - Gross. Ill stick to what Amouage is fantastic at: Powerhouse, dark, oriental.

ADP Cedro Di Taormina - Will be selling soon. Boring. I have too many cedar/woods citrus scents that does a better job.

I have a wide range of taste, from freshie to indie-weird btw.

Yikes, sorry to hear about the smashed bottle!

FCM415

Jan 25, 2018
Yikes, sorry to hear about the smashed bottle!

She runs to my cabinet and does a swipe of the front row if I dont reach her in time so I only have cheapies up front now. That Zegna bottle is fragile than most apparently. She's very good to me, Im the one that should be more reasonable actually lolz.

Driftmoon

Jul 4, 2017
Binned an almost full 100ml bottle of Encre Noir Sport and a half 100ml bottle of Dior Homme Intense. I also binned about 20 or more samples. I may throw out more in coming weeks or move some fragrances to the bathroom and use them as air freshener.
I'm tired of some fragrances and want to downgrade so i can use the ones i love more often without feeling sorry about the others not getting used.

HouseOfPhlegethon

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Jan 3, 2017
I'd never bin any perfume. If I'm tired enough of it to toss it, I give it away. Seems particularly decadent and wasteful to just trash it XD

I've thrown out exactly one, perfume over the years. It was the most hideous thing by Al Haramain - I would have not given it to my worst enemy. It not only stank to high heaven but, it leaked around the sprayer and the top attached piece, the faux metallic coverings / decorations flaked off - it was a mess. Worst thing I ever purchased from Notino.

hednic

Oct 25, 2007
Today I gave away a very swollen one gallon plastic zip-lock bag of about 1,000 mixed men's and unisex samples. Felt good doing it. I don't use samples at all. I still have three more full plastic zip-lock gallon bags and a large tupperware box filled to overflow with samples - all accumulated over many years from vendors with whom I make bottle purchases.

Varanis Ridari

The Scented Devil
Basenotes Plus
Oct 17, 2012
I've thrown out exactly one, perfume over the years. It was the most hideous thing by Al Haramain - I would have not given it to my worst enemy. It not only stank to high heaven but, it leaked around the sprayer and the top attached piece, the faux metallic coverings / decorations flaked off - it was a mess. Worst thing I ever purchased from Notino.

Ouch, and I was interested in this house too.

Today I gave away a very swollen one gallon plastic zip-lock bag of about 1,000 mixed men's and unisex samples. Felt good doing it. I don't use samples at all. I still have three more full plastic zip-lock gallon bags and a large tupperware box filled to overflow with samples - all accumulated over many years from vendors with whom I make bottle purchases.

My samples end up going to coworkers, the full bottles to friends/family.

Latest News