Today I Sold/Swapped/Binned

maxwell_

May 9, 2016
Swapped 10ml of Back to Black for 10ml of Xerjoff Richwood, and 50ml Oud Wood for 50ml Aventus.

I don't like the powder in Back to Black and don't feel like I can pull it off, much prefer Herod for that style. And I never reach for Oud Wood for sole reason so I thought I'd get back some Aventus (sold my bottle last year)

NickZee

Sep 19, 2014
Swapped 10ml of Back to Black for 10ml of Xerjoff Richwood, and 50ml Oud Wood for 50ml Aventus.

I don't like the powder in Back to Black and don't feel like I can pull it off, much prefer Herod for that style. And I never reach for Oud Wood for sole reason so I thought I'd get back some Aventus (sold my bottle last year)

Good point, Back to Black and Herod have a lot in common

NickZee

Sep 19, 2014
I have a butt load of stuff up for sale on eBay. Tried selling it here first, with very fair prices, but I think Christmas budgets have people being cautious. I probably have 10 up for sale.

That’s not too bad Chuck, I have 38 for sale. I found people stopped buying for a few weeks before Black friday but now the sales have started again

Buysblind

Jan 21, 2011
Bottle-Box-Bat.jpg

Amazing, spectacular fragrance which unfortunately I just can't wear often enough. It was a little sad parting with this.

375x500.2674.jpg

Good riddance to this worthless, not-even-a-skin-scent.

NMC133X_mu.jpg

It doesn't move me these days, and it's always out there if I care to buy it down the road.

ile-pourpre-liquides-imaginaires.jpg

Beautiful scent, perfect in a lot of ways, but react poorly on my skin for some reason and smells bad on me. But it's a good one.

IsoESuperman

People of Zee Wurl, Relax
Basenotes Plus
Dec 30, 2015
Over the past week:

Avant Garde - Lanvin

Blind bought and just wasn't my thing. I smelled zero tobacco, which I was hoping to smell at least a smidge of. Baque is sort of a tobacco grail for me so not even sure why I bothered with it. AG is nice enough for a sub $20 fragrance, just not for me.

Pulp - Byredo

Found it cheap (thanks BB!) and got it with the intention of wearing it when the mood struck...the mood for fruit and beer. That's not really a mood I ever have though, so it was a dumb thing to buy in the first place. Certainly a creative take on a fruity scent, I don't dislike it and do respect the composition, but I'd rather someone who enjoys it have it.

It really feels good to trim down the collection. So far no regrets at all.

EasyToAssemble

Jan 3, 2016
I've set aside the following for eBay:

Atelier Cologne Gold Leather - A little feminine for my tastes (too much fruit, not enough leather)
Carolina Herrera CH Men (2013 pre-reformulation) - Just smelt too generic and lacks performance. Unjustified hype on the part of many wannabe-fragrance reviewers
Chanel Allure Homme Sport - I find many sports fragrances too generic to wear now. If I need "fresh" nowadays, I'll reach for Citrus, Vetiver, or Soapy accords.
Ferragamo F Black - No longer a style I would reach for. Overly synthetic and all the subtlety of a sledgehammer
Frapin 1270 - Nice enough, but I already own Speakeasy which is too-similar enough to warrant keeping both. Plus, the booziness in this gets a little too cloying after a while.

IsoESuperman

People of Zee Wurl, Relax
Basenotes Plus
Dec 30, 2015
Recently sold:

M/Mink - Byredo

One of the weirdest patchouli scents I've ever tried. It's one of the best from Byredo, IMO, and most definitely something I respect for originality, but I'd never wear it. Should have kept a small sample for sniffing, oh well. It's new owner seems to really love it which makes me happy. That's one thing I really like about selling on Basenotes, people often write back and give their thoughts on it.

Laudano Nero - Tiziana Terenzi

Also a very good fragrance and one of the most long-lasting I've encountered, modern or vintage. Too long, almost. It's sort of a woody/amber which is a genre I like and this is fairly unique, but I have others which I prefer and rarely wore it.

MegaMav

Dec 12, 2013
Just sold my old 2010 bottle of Grey Vetiver EDP.
I can continue my love affair with Profumo di Firenze 1954 Terrarossa without interference!

ILikePeeps

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
May 15, 2012
Oh, I'm not sure what I last posted in here...

Recently(ish) I've sold:
Aqva Amara
Paco Rabanne Pour Homme
Roma Uomo
Dior Homme Parfum
Vetiverus
Al Oudh + 15ml Oud Essentiel + samples
M7 Oud Absolu
Tiziana Terenzi Orion
Fahrenheit Parfum
Sel Marin

s7mba

Mar 31, 2016
Gave away a bottle of Thierry Mugler A*men, because can't stand it - smells like an explosion in the cake factory

Man Of The World

Apr 3, 2017
Had a massive clear out over the past couple of weeks. Totally sick of looking at all those bottles I never wear. Made a decision to leave myself with my top 10/15 and a few decent everyday fragrances.

Just sold
BR540
Royal Mayfair
Dior Homme
Dior Homme Parfum
Honour Man
Honour Woman
Acqua Di Parma Colonia Essenza
Musc Ravageur
Eucris
Kenzo Pour Homme
Dior Sauvage
Prada Amber Pour Homme
Tobacco Vanille
Royal Water
Valentio Uomo Intense
Tauer Lonestar Memories
Tauer Incense Extreme
LIDG
Hermes Equipage Geranium
Eau De L'OCCITAN
Encre Noire
Phaedon Black Vetiver
Phaedon Tabac Rouge
The One edp
Tam Dao edp
La Nuit De L'Homme
M7 Oud Absolu

Gave Away
Dunhill Desrere
CK One Shock
Burberry Brit
Versace Eros
Nautica Voyage
Yardley Spice & Wood
Xeryus Rouge
Plus a few others that I can't quite remember.

ILikePeeps

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
May 15, 2012
Recently sold..

Baccarat Rouge 540 Extrait - Meh. Okay smell, don't love it.
Virgin Island Water - if performance was better..
Eau Sauvage EdT 200ml - If only it stayed more like the opening.. Fiero might be more what I want.
Bleu de Chanel Parfum 100ml - Eh, could hardly smell the darn thing. Don't really like the opening a lot, reminds me of AHS(EE).
Rose Nacree du Desert - Pretty good, but doesn't quite hit the love mark throughout.
Elysium Parfum Pour Homme - Meh. Good vetiver, but kinda meh about the rest.

NickZee

Sep 19, 2014
Some interesting contributions, and some patterns developing. Keep shaping your collections gentleman, the posters in this thread are not just collectors, they are curators.

I have cut deep in recent times to fund some expensive purchases. Most of my “hates” and “meh” are now sold already, so some tough decisions were made. And in some cases I plan to go back and repurchase. Bel Ami Vetiver, why did I get rid of you! Well there was overlap with Roja Dove Fetish so the tough call had to be made if my fragrance journey is to continue.

Green Irish Tweed: I loved it, but sharp green fragrances are no longer my thing. The drydown is also a shadow of the opening. Also, Creed’s presentation in the standard collection doesn’t feel luxurious enough these days. I have no affection for their shittie caps, bottle and labels. Hence why some other Creeds are here.

Micallef Emir: Again, too sharp, too bitter with that bitter orange note and sage

Bottega Venetta Pour Homme: I love this one, in my top 3 designers of all time. But I had the ugly, stumpy little 50ml bottle and I slightly prefer the Parfum version that I also own.

Creed Erolfa: the best salty ambergris aquatic on the market, but ultimately did not get worn enough.

Creed Virgin Island Water: Gorgeous, but I rarely want to go out smelling like Coconut. Doesn’t suit personality.

Creed original Vetiver: Very nice, but I like my soapiness to be supporting more substantial notes, not being the sole performer.

Creed SMW: Another great fragrance sold because I didn’t wear it enough

Chanel Allure Homme Edition Blanche: For the price it is amazing, excellent designer but these days I’m aiming for better

Frapin The Orchid Man: Too similar to a fruity batch of Aventus

Hermès Equipage: Too Ye Olde Timey and I hate carnation. Glad to be rid of this one!

Armani Oud Royal: doesn’t project and dries down to saw dust

Timbuktu: beautiful but a bit unwearable on a regular basis, didn’t make me want to overspray.

Rive d’ambre: doesn’t offer enough, too apologetic

Eight & Bob Egypt: too obnoxious, made for guys who come into the hobby because of La Nuit De l’hommE

Tam Dao EDP, so good, will come back around to this one, in the meantime I have a 10ml sample.

Floris Leather Oud: Great fragrance again a bit too youthful and I have a 5ml decant.

Melbourne Man

Sep 23, 2016
Sold my bottles of Fort and Manle Bojnokopff and Confessions of a garden Gnome. Was hardly wearing Bojnokopff, although I really liked the scent and Garden Gnome has to last longer than 3 hours on my skin, no matter how good it smells.

Gave away bottles of Animale Animale for Men and SJP Stash. Just not reaching for them.

ChuckW

Aug 21, 2001
I'm in purge mode at the moment. I've sold off Creed 1849, PDM Byerley, NY and NY Intense, Amouage Beloved Man to name a few. I have about 25 others up on eBay for sale. The old wardrobe got a bit bloated after I binged on vacation.

Trying to get back down to around 40 bottles. Almost there.

ILikePeeps

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
May 15, 2012
Since my last posting (less than a month ago), I've sold/given away..

L'Homme Ideal Cologne - maybe the grapefruit doesn't work on my skin
Fleur Universelle
Colonia Intensa 180ml
Dries Van Noten (or did I forget to add this in a previous post?) 100ml
Aventus 8.4oz flacon
Habit Rouge EdP 100ml
Jubilation XXV 100ml
Eau Sauvage Parfum 2017 version

speckmann0706

Mar 8, 2017
Selling Chanel Allure Homme Sport Eau Extreme EDP, doesn’t do much for me and the performance is pathetic with 4 sprays wife confirmed bummer but not worth the hype for me. Regular Chanel Allure Homme Sport takes the cake by a landslide in both smell and performance with same 4 sprays. Also selling off Chanel Bleu De Chanel Parfum another Chanel that didn’t wow me so far only two out of the Chanel designer line that didn’t impress me.

Latest News