Today I Finished - Perfumes used up in 2022

FiveoaksBouquet

Known to SAs
Basenotes Plus
Jul 16, 2004
Welcome to the 2022 edition of Today I Finished, now in the General Fragrance Discussion forum, to encourage the inclusion of perfumes of all types.

If you have the time, please share your personal impressions: How did you like it? Will you be replenishing? Do you recommend it? And—photos welcome!

I have a 20ml insert of Chanel N°5 edt with just enough left for a New Year’s blowout (but lots of backup)! It will be posted then.

Here’s to seeing how the year of usage unfolds!

CuddleCat

It smells so good in here
Basenotes Plus
Aug 20, 2009
Finished a 10ml bottle of Lavande in Love by Bastide and I'm not replenishing this perfume. Fragrance notes: Frozen lime, french lavender, sea salt, clary sage, cypress, rosemary, tonka bean and white birch. I ended up using most of this as room spray and kitchen bin spray because I didn't like the way this perfume developed on my skin (only enjoyed the top notes).

Melbourne21

Basenotes Dependent
Sep 7, 2015
I've just finished bottles of Chanel BDC Parfum, and an old bottle of Armani Attitude Extreme.

I enjoyed them (else I wouldn't have finished them) but I won't be buying them again.

I keep a very small number of fragrances these days after a big 2021 of selling, so the few that I keep are my absolute 10/10 rated personal choices.

BoxPred

Jan 19, 2016
I have just finished a 50ml bottle of JPG Kokorico.

This is one of those fragrances I feel would have a better reputation if it were marketed more appropriately. It is a “dark” scent which wears well in the cold and I have very much enjoyed it.

Notes include Fig leaf, patchouli, cedar wood, cocoa bean and vetiver. The fig and patchouli are the prominent notes to me.

Kokorico appears to have been discontinued and prices have increased. It’s a like, not a love so I won’t be replenishing but I would recommend sampling to those who have the opportunity.

teardrop

Basenotes Institution
Sep 1, 2010
Just finished my mini of Oriental Pearl by Shanghai Tang. l blind-bought this as part of a set from TK Maxx almost three years ago, & along with Spring Jasmine (which l already finished) this was my joint favourite of the five.

This is a very old-school oriental with good projection but little development. l've enjoyed wearing it on cold days, but l have no plans to replace it.

FiveoaksBouquet

Known to SAs
Basenotes Plus
Jul 16, 2004
Well, I just finished another one, the 800 ml of 4711 edc I’ve been using as sanitizer. There was just a little bit left in the bottle so I poured it on with abandon. There are still enough various sized backup bottles in case the pandemic is interminable (which it already seems like in this neck of the woods).

7FEF5741-795D-4E73-9140-91660DFD3703.jpeg

teardrop

Basenotes Institution
Sep 1, 2010
Today is the end of an era: l just finished my bottle of Sheer Obsession after 11 years & 132 wears. l made it last because l only wore it in the coldest weather, finding the warm spices, amber & incense very comforting on winter days. lt was already quite rare when l bought it, & is now almost impossible to find, so l won't be chasing down another bottle, but l will miss it. :cry:

CuddleCat

Basenotes Plus
Aug 20, 2009
This afternoon, I have finished my 50ml bottle of Mon Guerlain EDP. I still have the EDP Intense version and the EDT so I won't be replenishing the EDP. Also, the EDP has disappeared from a lot of Australian online stores, they seem to be focusing on the newer released versions and the Intense. I do think the lavender in the EDP is a different type/variety than the one in the EDT.
Mon Geurlain EDP.jpg

FiveoaksBouquet

Known to SAs
Basenotes Plus
Jul 16, 2004
Sycamore EDT by Chanel

Quite possibly the classiest vetiver of all time for me, so if y'all have any worthy recommendations to replace it, please feel free to suggest them.

Sadly, the last few ml's were a shadow of its former glory (thank you oxygen), so finishing the bottle wasn't so painful as others.

View attachment 183730

Replacement suggestion: another bottle of Sycomore? 😊

FiveoaksBouquet

Known to SAs
Basenotes Plus
Jul 16, 2004
Lol.That may happen sometime down the line, but considering the EDT's are now discontinued I was hoping for something much easier to obtain :)

Yes, I know that many don’t care for the edp. I have had both and currently have the edp. It is modified but for me the vetiver is is beautiful and I even find it a little easier to wear. I hope you find a replacement exactly to your satisfaction. Lots of choices out there.

Sultan al Hindi

Basenotes Junkie
Feb 5, 2020
Yes, I know that many don’t care for the edp. I have had both and currently have the edp. It is modified but for me the vetiver is is beautiful and I even find it a little easier to wear. I hope you find a replacement exactly to your satisfaction. Lots of choices out there.
Thank you.

Tbh, I've only tried the EdP a handful of times and it was after smelling a few others so I probably didn't give it a fair shot .I'll try it again (preferably on its own) before completely dismissing it.

Looters-delight

incredibly conscientious!
Basenotes Plus
Dec 1, 2020
Last sprayers with a silent farewell forever! :cry:

full

full

Last edited:

woodnotes55

Basenotes Dependent
Oct 27, 2016
Well, I just finished another one, the 800 ml of 4711 edc.................

There's just something genius about an 800 ml bottle!!! Especially one you can pour over yourself and smell good but not choke anyone out!!! I'll have to look but I think I only have maybe 300 or 400 ml size.....

(stock photo below....)......... Used up something! Amazing how much of a positive feeling I got from finishing something! Did not intend to wear this but was getting something out of counter below sink and it was setting there.... I threw a few near-empties there and forgot about them. Once I saw this had fewer than 30 sprays - one wearing!!! - remaining, had to use it up and free a bit of space. Someone recommended this around when I joined BN and started buying stuff. I found it to be the weakest fragrance of all time. I was up to like 20 sprays then learned about anosmia and figured was driving people nuts, but testing showed that others could not smell it either. Things don't last as long when you bathe in them... I would not buy this again, even at <$5.... but do like the flask-like design. For a true beginner these are not a bad way to learn what a typical blue, red, black, etc style smells like for pocket change.

20617_img-4202-myrurgia-yacht_man__blue_480.jpg

FiveoaksBouquet

Known to SAs
Basenotes Plus
Jul 16, 2004
There's just something genius about an 800 ml bottle!!! Especially one you can pour over yourself and smell good but not choke anyone out!!! I'll have to look but I think I only have maybe 300 or 400 ml size.....

(stock photo below....)......... Used up something! Amazing how much of a positive feeling I got from finishing something! Did not intend to wear this but was getting something out of counter below sink and it was setting there.... I threw a few near-empties there and forgot about them. Once I saw this had fewer than 30 sprays - one wearing!!! - remaining, had to use it up and free a bit of space. Someone recommended this around when I joined BN and started buying stuff. I found it to be the weakest fragrance of all time. I was up to like 20 sprays then learned about anosmia and figured was driving people nuts, but testing showed that others could not smell it either. Things don't last as long when you bathe in them... I would not buy this again, even at <$5.... but do like the flask-like design. For a true beginner these are not a bad way to learn what a typical blue, red, black, etc style smells like for pocket change.

20617_img-4202-myrurgia-yacht_man__blue_480.jpg

Nice story about finding Yacht Man undef the sink.. 300-400 ml of 4711 is quite a respectable amount. I liked the idea of 800 ml but it was too big to handle well and I replenished with a 400.

Re “Especially one you can pour over yourself and smell good but not choke anyone out!!!”: Yes—AND that doesn’t bankrupt you! 😊

FiveoaksBouquet

Known to SAs
Basenotes Plus
Jul 16, 2004
Finished the last of my travel sized bottle of Violette by Fragonard, I won't be replenishing this perfume. The search for my perfect violet perfume continues.....

View attachment 184983

CC, violet perfume exploration sounds very interesting. So far my favourite to wear is Insolence and I recently received a sample of Misia and it requires proper testing.

woodnotes55

Basenotes Dependent
Oct 27, 2016
Finished the last of my travel sized bottle of Violette by Fragonard, I won't be replenishing this perfume. The search for my perfect violet perfume continues.....
That sounds like a fun, if perhaps challenging and maybe long quest. There must be a lot of options out there.

This is one case where I must embrace my male, beer-quality taste in violet...., although have a few other options that are mixed in, the perfect violet always ends with Gray Flannel. Anyone not a fan feel free to take a step back.....:LOL:

CuddleCat

Basenotes Plus
Aug 20, 2009
Bottle finished and parfum of Idylle discontinued. Too bad—it’s beautiful! There is still the edp but…sigh…

I never got to try the parfum but I really enjoyed the EDT, it had an ethereal quality to it that was missing from the original EDP. The EDT has disappeared from shops & online here in Australia so it is probably discontinued as well.

Latest News

Whatever your taste in perfume, we've got you covered...

catalogue your collection, keep track of your perfume wish-list, log your daily fragrance wears, review your latest finds, seek out long-lost scented loves, keep track of the latest perfume news, find your new favourite fragrance, and discuss perfume with like-minded people from all over the world...