Today I finished - Perfumes used up in 2021

FiveoaksBouquet

Scented.
Basenotes Plus
Jul 16, 2004
I just finished a bottle of EDT 31 Rue Cambon -- so sad to see an elegant bottle empty and nothing to do with it but throw it in the garbage.

Congrats on a job well done! Will you be getting more 31 rue Cambon?

ClockworkAlice has some good ideas. I don’t keep the unrefillable bottles either but The parfum bottles I do. You never know when you might come across a parfum deal in a damaged bottle and be able to transfer it. Of course those occasions are kind of like the odds of winning the lottery but one can hope… :)

ImaFedec

Sep 12, 2019
Finished my first niche purchase (2 years ago): Bleecker Street by Bond n9.
Actually feels good to finish something, it is a bit weird.
I am not a big fragrance collectioneur (have 5, now 4, full bottles and 2x30ml decants). So I feel I can reward myself with a new bottle quest without culpabilities :) Will not repurchase this one. Got a bit tired of it, although it was one of my wife's favourites.

EDIT: OUPS SORRY, did not see it was feminine discussion forum, I type "finished bottle" in search engine without paying attention.

ClockworkAlice

Cakesniffer
Basenotes Plus
Jan 3, 2019
Finished my first niche purchase (2 years ago): Bleecker Street by Bond n9.
Actually feels good to finish something, it is a bit weird.
I am not a big fragrance collectioneur (have 5, now 4, full bottles and 2x30ml decants). So I feel I can reward myself with a new bottle quest without culpabilities :) Will not repurchase this one. Got a bit tired of it, although it was one of my wife's favourites.

EDIT: OUPS SORRY, did not see it was feminine discussion forum, I type "finished bottle" in search engine without paying attention.
First of all - congrats on your finish! Do you already have something new in mind, or will the search just begin?

Secondly - no worries! Everyone is welcome to join the discussion on recent finishes.

ImaFedec

Sep 12, 2019
First of all - congrats on your finish! Do you already have something new in mind, or will the search just begin?
Thank you that is kind :)
I do, I am thinking of purchasing Philosykos edp, but I will also consider something like Chanel n19 edp. But that is for next year, since I will hardly wear them in this upcomming cold winter anyway :)

ClockworkAlice

Cakesniffer
Basenotes Plus
Jan 3, 2019
I do, I am thinking of purchasing Philosykos edp, but I will also consider something like Chanel n19 edp. But that is for next year, since I will hardly wear them in this upcomming cold winter anyway :)
Both seem to be great choices for spring - but you're right, you still have plenty of time to decide which one you like better.

FiveoaksBouquet

Scented.
Basenotes Plus
Jul 16, 2004
I just finished a bottle of EDT 31 Rue Cambon -- so sad to see an elegant bottle empty and nothing to do with it but throw it in the garbage.

Congrats, GWM! I feel the same way about those bottles. Ideally they could make the bottles refillable and I could decant into the smaller bottle for ease of handling. The big bottles are too bulky for a firm grasp and the small bottles are not economically feasible for a frequent wearer. (Not that the large bottles are economically a bargain either! ☺️)

My guess why they don’t do it is their tight anti-tampering/counterfeit control. They don’t want the bottles filled by anyone other than Chanel. Understandable but I keep dropping those bottles. Luckily they’re very strong.

FiveoaksBouquet

Scented.
Basenotes Plus
Jul 16, 2004

Oh, yes, please feel free to post here, any time. Comments are always welcome and open to all members!

Latest News