Today I finished - Perfumes used up in 2021

pikemalarkey

Mar 5, 2020
Finished a 10ml decant/sample of MM's By the Fireplace (bought on these forums). I loved the idea of it but the execution fell flat, I realised I'm not a fan of this kind of sweet vanilla which felt quite cloying. Does a different kind of vanilla exist? I have to find out. Nevertheless, I clearly used it quite a bit, because I liked the incense note - it smelled more like incense than smoke on me - and now that I have nothing with that note I feel the loss.

SmokeAndSky

Jan 26, 2016
43E4246F-0206-4372-AAAD-063690B588B6.jpg

Finally! Trayee by Neela Vermeire. Full disclosure, it was a 50% partial when I purchased it.
I’ve got another ounce in the form of a Take Two set awaiting me...
First bottle I’ve finished in ages though!

Oh dear. The Take Two version has a harsh edge and smells rather different...:cry:

pikemalarkey

Mar 5, 2020
I finished my 10ml decant of En Passant. I really enjoyed its photorealistic lilac and might return to it one day. Not replacing it as there's so much more out there to explore.

Alityke

Nov 27, 2011
Just wrong out the final viscous drops of my SL Une Voix Noire decant.

I am in mourning for this beauty as obtaining now in the U.K. will be nigh on impossible without adding 50% to the retail price

ClockworkAlice

We all smell here
Basenotes Plus
Jan 3, 2019
Congratulations everyone on your recent finishes!

This morning I drained my 50 ml bottle of Aqua Solis by Le Couvent des Minimes. It's a light citrusy-spicy cologne that I sprayed with abandon: used it as my morning scent, sanitized my cloth masks with it, sprayed it over my laundry to refresh it and so on. Therefore I finished it up quite quickly. It's a lovely mandarin, cardamom, ginger scent and I'd like to have some more of it, but I don't feel like I have to replace it. It was nice. There are many others that are also nice. :)

Alityke

Nov 27, 2011
Drained my decant of Boxeuses today. I shall miss her but I don’t think I need more. The U.K. is persona non grata as far as buying from Europe

FiveoaksBouquet

Scented.
Basenotes Plus
Jul 16, 2004
405FC25A-6684-47BD-A472-7C5ACB67DA2A_1_201_a.jpg

Finishing a bottle of a well liked perfume can feel very satisfying, especially if one has more ready for use. Following this bottle of Estée Lauder Azurée from the 1998 crop are a bottle of the new version as well as an unopened original waiting their turn.

FiveoaksBouquet

Scented.
Basenotes Plus
Jul 16, 2004
Am I the only one finishing bottles? :smiley:

Starship down!
31FF884D-F904-4999-966A-3ABDDA1F0E2E.jpg

50 ml Angel Nova. Supposed to be refillable but it looks like we are stranded until Mugler sends refills to faraway planet Canada.

( :wink: I still have a 10 ml travel size + 5 ml mini + 5 ml purse vial…)

LiveJazz

Funky fresh
Basenotes Plus
Mar 16, 2006
A new entry to my small list of bottles used up!

Santa Maria Novella Tabacco Toscano

To be fair, my wife and I share this one. Still, a rare occurrence. Out comes the backup! Nice to see a backup serving its intended purpose.

ClockworkAlice

We all smell here
Basenotes Plus
Jan 3, 2019
Today I finished an 8 ml travel pen-spray of Purplelight by Salvador Dali. I used half of it as a proper perfume - on myself - and half of it as a room spray as the scent is a little bit too intensely floral for me to comfortably wear. That's a fun synth-lilac scent that was nice to try out but I won't be seeking more.

FiveoaksBouquet

Scented.
Basenotes Plus
Jul 16, 2004
Congrats on the accomplishments!

There was a small amount of Chanel Cuir de Russie edt lingering in the bottle and it was time to finish it up. It can be replaced with edp when the next yen to seriously wear it arises. In the meantime, I do have a mini or two for emergencies and a bottle of parfum.

5C188066-2077-4651-ADC4-B9DFC0600F61.jpg

ClockworkAlice

We all smell here
Basenotes Plus
Jan 3, 2019
Ah, Fiveoaks, I love Cuir de Russie! You are quite well stocked! (y)

And I just finished a small and super cute looking 10 ml bottle of Alaia Nude by Azzedine Alaia. When I bought it, after less than a week I knew I made a mistake buying it: I should have bought a bigger bottle! Luckily I was wiser this time and already had a 100 ml backup ready.
It is satisfying to finish a bottle and open a new one indeed.

Brooks Otterlake

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Feb 12, 2019
I never posted about this (IIRC), but I used up all my Sheikh Al Faransi. I'm going to wait until I properly miss it to restock, but I do think that that's about as good as it gets.

In the meantime, maybe my Micallef Avant-Garde will fill the gap, but as nice as it is, its synthetic ambergris can't compare to the real deal.

CuddleCat

It smells so good in here
Basenotes Plus
Aug 20, 2009
I don't usually post about finishing samples here but this one turned into a full bottle purchase - Chai by Baruti, it's a very good spicy chai tea scent that has excellent longevity. Sample was finished Saturday and I ordered a bottle the same day. Now, I just need to wait for the new bottle to arrive in the mail. It's a Melbourne based online shop (same state) so hopefully it won't take too long!

Latest News