Today I finished - Perfumes used up in 2021

Bavard

Wearing Perfume Right Now
Basenotes Plus
Jul 20, 2015
Nice job.

Two questions:

1) Are you going to replace it?
2) Did the rubberized cap/bottle turn all sticky by the end?

I have a replacement Edition Blanche in the 150-ml size. The 50-ml bottle and cap didn't turn sticky. It had a few scratches, but was otherwise like new.

N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer

Semi-Retirement
Basenotes Plus
Jul 1, 2011
Oh, I forgot to post that I finished up a travel bottle (15 mls) of Hermes Ambre Narguille last month. I'm going to miss that one, but will wait to buy another until/unless I have a strong desire to replace it.

This one used to be my favorite from the Hermessence collection years ago. To my nose it got more watered down over the years. I ended up giving it away after growing bored with it.

SmokeAndSky

Jan 26, 2016
Just finished a mini bottle of Spring Jasmine by Shanghai Tang. This one rather grew on me, being reminiscent of Diorissimo with its prominent LOTV note, but l probably won't go out of my way to repurchase.

I got really curious about Shanghai Tang brand - any thoughts on the brand other than not stellar enough to repurchase? (Have you tried others?) I was attracted to the lower price points on eBay, but have learned that unfortunately, I have expensive taste and can smell the difference in smoothness between a lot of high vs. low price point perfumes.

SmokeAndSky

Jan 26, 2016
Am down to the dregs of Trayee by Neela Vermeire. Searched around on Basenotes for another partial, to no avail. Looked on LuckyScent, and oh how convenient! Two 15ml bottles for an almost reasonable price! I just threw down and await my package quite eagerly.

My husband really likes this perfume, and it had no memories of previous lovers attached to it, so it's become quite the favorite since meeting him and Covid-19. A beautiful and comforting scent.

I've sprayed our masks with it at times, which is quite a lavish use of $125 an ounce perfume, but f*ck it... we're all gonna die sooner than later in the grand scheme of things and it's been a hard year. Sandalwood creaminess it is!

Pillows, skin, masks, t-shirts, and, and, and!

teardrop

Sep 1, 2010
I got really curious about Shanghai Tang brand - any thoughts on the brand other than not stellar enough to repurchase? (Have you tried others?) I was attracted to the lower price points on eBay, but have learned that unfortunately, I have expensive taste and can smell the difference in smoothness between a lot of high vs. low price point perfumes.

l got a set of mini bottles from TK Maxx, comprising Spring Jasmine, Oriental Pearl, Gold Lily, Orchid Bloom & Rose Silk.

l've enjoyed Spring Jasmine, & the only other one that stood out for me is Oriental Pearl: an old-school oriental with lots of labdanum. Gold Lily had a rubbery note that spoiled it for me, Orchid Bloom was too fruity for my taste & smelled cheap, & Rose Silk was just plain dull.

The bottles are gorgeous, though! ;)

SmokeAndSky

Jan 26, 2016
l got a set of mini bottles from TK Maxx, comprising Spring Jasmine, Oriental Pearl, Gold Lily, Orchid Bloom & Rose Silk.

l've enjoyed Spring Jasmine, & the only other one that stood out for me is Oriental Pearl: an old-school oriental with lots of labdanum. Gold Lily had a rubbery note that spoiled it for me, Orchid Bloom was too fruity for my taste & smelled cheap, & Rose Silk was just plain dull.

The bottles are gorgeous, though! ;)

Thanks for the info. Yes, the bottles drew me in, but it sounds like I'll avoid spending the dough. :)

Kotori

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Aug 17, 2006
70830E05-D911-4C99-97E2-70EAB5B1005A.jpg Just wrapped up a 30 ml bottle of Flower by Kenzo. It was my most worn fragrance in the last year, and it’s the fragrance Mr. Kotori picked out for me on a trip to Spain when he was my new boyfriend. I’ve lost count of how many of these I’ve used. I think this was number 5 or 6. I like the 30 ml ones best because Kenzo Flower is one that does go off after several years. However, sometime this weekend I plan to open my backup bottle, which is 50 ml.

kewart

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Jan 9, 2006
I just finished my bottle of "Y" by YSL (gold cap older version.)
Will look to replace it sometime if I can find a vintage version.

I also just drained the last dregs out of a bottle of Roma (Laura Biagiotti)
but I have several back ups.

Rabidsenses

May 10, 2019
Not so much what I’ve finished today but more of a capture of what I’ve finished in the last few months by April 2021. Interesting because I’ve never finished so many bottles in so short a time that has impacted my otherwise modest collection.

Out are:

- Hermès Td'H Eau Intense Vétiver
- Hermès Voyage d'Hermès
- Hermès Voyage d'Hermes Parfum
- Tom Ford Neroli Portofino

And with Hermès Eau Trés Fraiche down to the final few mLs I will suddenly be down 4 from the house with only the Vetiver Tonka remaining, itself a matter of 4-5 mLs in that old bottle. And just like that Prada - most unexpectedly - pulls ahead as a house. Never saw that coming! And of course I’ll just need to finish off the Gucci Envy because I’ve been avoiding those last 1-2 wearings . . . at least I have an original unused sample left.

Oh well, as highly unusual as this is to happen in a relatively short time it’s also sorta exciting to pare it down and begin strategizing anew with all I’ve learned at Basenotes.

ClockworkAlice

We all smell here
Basenotes Plus
Jan 3, 2019
Lots of nice finishes! You too, ExtremeK! :D

Kotori, I admire your dedication to Flower. It's definitely a meaningful scent to you and your family!

I just finished a travel spray of Today by Avon. I got it for Christmas as a gift and wore it quite a lot, especially in the mornings. This was a lovely perfume, a pretty and elegant springlike floral. I won't be seeking for replacement as lovely florals aren't usually what I crave, but I'll keep recommending it to anyone who wants a lovely soft and elegant floral scent as you really cannot beat the price for what you're getting. But if I get gifted it again, I'll wear it again.

And also I finished a 50 ml bottle of Oh ma biche by Lolita Lempicka several weeks ago and I think I forgot to mention it here. I didn't spray it all on myself because then it would have taken much more time to finish it, but I also sprayed my fresh laundry and cloth face masks with it. It's a fruity, happy, girly, uplifting scent of mandarins, peaches and prosecco that I enjoyed but did not love, and that's why I finished it so quickly. (I save the scents I love and spray with abandon the ones I don't, this makes zero sense from hedonistic perspective, but makes all the sense when your goal is to finally achieve a wardrobe full of loves that's not too bloated at the same time).

N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer

Semi-Retirement
Basenotes Plus
Jul 1, 2011
Just finished my bottle of Sous le Vent :cry: Good thing I had bought a backup bottle. It will have to last me the rest of my life!

No joke! It’s incredibly rare now.
One of my all time favorites. I was fortunate enough to purchase the original release from the 1930s. It's fairly different from the re-release, definitely worth sampling if you have an opportunity tor try it.

Lilly33

Oct 20, 2012
One of my all time favorites. I was fortunate enough to purchase the original release from the 1930s. It's fairly different from the re-release, definitely worth sampling if you have an opportunity tor try it.

Oh how wonderful and how lucky! I did once have a teeny sample of the vintage perfume - and you are right, it was quite different, but fabulous. Still, I'm glad I shelled out the money several years ago for two bottles of the re-release before it disappeared. It's one of my absolute favorites.

ExtremeK

Some of my paths in life are dirt
Basenotes Plus
Jul 5, 2010
I’m on a roll! I finished another 1ml sample: Parfum d’Empire Corsica Furiosa.

I do, however, plan to replace it with a 50ml bottle. So there’s that.

H_West

Oct 14, 2015
I’m on a roll! I finished another 1ml sample: Parfum d’Empire Corsica Furiosa.

I do, however, plan to replace it with a 50ml bottle. So there’s that.

bbc0c2daae0257449e8e184778b11944adeeb2d1.gif

:D

jujy54

queen of the universe
Basenotes Plus
Jun 8, 2008
Based on my 21 jan post, I "re-finished" the Aphrodisia this week; coaxed a few more drops from the splash bottle. Now it is done-done. Such a throwback to my teens/twenties.

Today I finished Nicolaï Odalisque, bought six years ago at the Nicolaï store on Rue des Archives in Paris, the capstone of my Big Adventure, my first trip to Europe. What a scent memory! I still have about a quarter of the ELdo Rien, which I purchased that same day, same Rue. I am wearing Odalisque to the laundromat, as it has a laundry-ish quality.

FiveoaksBouquet

Scented.
Basenotes Plus
Jul 16, 2004
Gotta say, that picture is wonderful. Full or empty, the classic Chanel bottle shapes are just pleasing to the eye. :happy:

Thanks, RP. So agreed on the Chanel bottles. Pure class.

Finished another one, Guerlain Eau de Fleurs de Cédrat. It's not often among my SOTDs but often worn as "drive-by" from the bathroom shelf.

9784AF92-5579-4D91-B2B3-B9BA44544AA4_1_201_a.jpg

Redneck Perfumisto

League of Cycloöctadiene Isomer Aestheticists
Basenotes Plus
Feb 27, 2008
Thanks, RP. So agreed on the Chanel bottles. Pure class.

Finished another one, Guerlain Eau de Fleurs de Cédrat. It's not often among my SOTDs but often worn as "drive-by" from the bathroom shelf.

You've inspired me! I have a bottle of Imperiale that's very close to empty in a bathroom drawer - time to bring 'er up topside and git 'er done! :D

freewheelingvagabond

Jun 10, 2012

Latest News