Today I Didn't Buy

maksidrom

Dec 30, 2003
L'Occitane Verveine Mandarine 100 ml for $45.50 on sale at company outlet store. I really liked the scent, but the longevity was pretty poor, so I decided against it. Maybe next time.

PotassiumSnow

Jun 13, 2021
I didnt go for anything on Perfumania's two for 75 sale. Was going to grab Paco by Paco and something for the wife, but passed. Still thinking about it.

Ed Wardian

Oct 28, 2020
Back 'n forth on Mark Buxton's Black Angel for months now, same thing with L'Eau d'Armoise by Serge Lutens and now the costly Sauvage Elixir which I have a fuller impression of due to samples... I tell myself, will I tire of the hype like the whole Sauvage line? The first two are at a reasonable mark at discounters yet are they worth owning given their reported wispy performance? It would be another blind buy curiosity and very much like shooting at the wind... For now the gun remains loose in the holster but in the holster.

I must say, perusing this thread is a heart palpitation of possibilities... All this general talk is whetting the appetite for the future. Surely restraint can be beneficial yet with a pouting sigh/tantrum in the immediate, and hopefully better in the long run for something that is warranted and used with pride than being part of a cool dusty wardrobe.

Much power to you all!

PStoller

I’m not old, I’m vintage.
Basenotes Plus
Aug 1, 2019

cheapimitation

May 15, 2015
I've got maybe 4-5 sprays left of silver collar Dior Homme purchased right after release. I think the top notes have turned but I'm inspired now to see if I can get a couple hundred for it. :lolk:

cheapimitation

May 15, 2015
Same, I tried it and at first thought ooooh I might have to add this to my list. But as it wore on throughout the day I thought noooo I don't need this.

In a similar category, currently wearing Guerlain Neroli Outrenoir. At first spray I was googling it to see if the old cheaper bottles are left anywhere because the opening is really good. An hour later though I'm totally over it, the dry down is really disappointing and reminds me of a pleasantly scented hand creme.

Diptyque Kyoto

motorcade

Dec 21, 2020
I resisted the temptation to blind buy vintage Dunhill Cologne and Morabito Or Black (newer). I've spent way too much on fragrance these past two years and want to get it under control.

Ifti

Aug 5, 2016
Tempted by vintage Versace L'Homme and Burberry Men.
ADP Bergamo Calabria - £45 bottle. Liked it previously, yet was thinking the seasons gone now for this. Had a spritz - seems to be covered in my wardrobe already - citrus fresh plumped up cologney vibe - Mugler Cologne and Prada Vetiver etc.
Little regret after though - good price!!

Carl57

Jan 27, 2015
I have at least been enjoying everything I’ve sampled from nishane. I love how you can really tell a difference to French perfumery. This is not meant to be uber smooth and classy. I like the rough edges and more lively character. There’s a definite busy bazaar energy to their offerings and they’re not afraid to do things differently.

Anyways I haven’t smelled their freshies and thought to myself: there’s only a few weeks of summer left, not enough to sample them before buying. Might as well pick up a couple. Ambra Calabria. Ege. Hacivat.

But alas I’ve decided not to. I usually don’t even buy niche freshies unless they’re truly exceptional so I’d rather not end up with expensive freshies I just enjoy but don’t love.

Latest News