Today I Didn't Buy

N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer

Semi-Retirement
Basenotes Plus
Jul 1, 2011
I can't bring myself to buy DHI even for a good price, having just opened a sample of the 2011 version. Which I think is OK, but not spectacular in the way the original seems to have been. If 2011 is 'nice but', I wonder what the latest version is like ?

At this point I would not settle for anything less than silver collar bottle.

yellowtone

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Aug 27, 2016
I am refraining from ordering decants of Dior Bois D'Argent and Chanel Misia and a full bottle of Naomi Goodsir's Iris Cendré, have been for quite a while now. They will make their way into my collection at some point, I think.

speckmann0706

Mar 8, 2017
I tried the modern version but didn't care for it, maybe the vintage I would have more respect for. In my experience that seems to be the trend.

I smelled a older tester at Ulta a few years ago the old bottle design and yes it’s a lot denser and I was sold by that tester. The current bottle is not like that but still good, the older version is nicer though.

P

piney

Was tempted to purchase Chanel's Edition Blanche EDT concentration & Pour Monsieur EDP, but just didn't pull the trigger. I know N.CAL is a big fan of edition blanche EDT

Danny Mitchell

Mar 21, 2019
I got a decent box of used bottles from a friend of mine. He's moving out and I helped him load up today. Of all the timing to do it he's separating. Likely divorce. But he was going to throw his cologne bottles away. Out of bitterness because they're mostly from his future ex wife. I felt kinda weird but he offered them to me and I accepted.
Azzaro Wanted
Polo Red Extreme
Victoria's Secret Very Sexy For Him
Gucci Guilty, not sure which flanker
And a few others.
I posted in here because I did not buy....they were free.

P

piney

What made you decide otherwise?

Edition Blanche I keep going back and forth on concentration (EDT v new EDP), even though I know that the EDT is better, and Pour Monsieur just b/c I've never sampled it, so it would be a blind buy but those notes just seem right up my alley. Might just splurge and buy it today.

Last edited:

N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer

Semi-Retirement
Basenotes Plus
Jul 1, 2011
Edition Blanche I keep going back and forth on concentration (EDT v new EDP), even though I know that the EDT is better, and Pour Monsieur just b/c I've never sampled it, so it would be a blind buy but those notes just seem right up my alley. Might just splurge and buy it today.

I'd go after the Allure Homme Edition Blanche EDT bottles sooner than later as premiums are gradually rising. I picked up another backup of it recently.

ClockworkAlice

We all smell here
Basenotes Plus
Jan 3, 2019
Today when making a purchase I really wanted to add some nice inexpensive fragrances - either Elizabeth Arden Green Tea or Rihanna Rogue or both - but decided not to. Rogue is a good peppery/plummy suede scent in the vein of Bottega Venetta, and I like it, but I probably don't need it, as I wouldn't wear it often. I think I'll get Green Tea sooner or later as I like the cheery, fresh, good and inexpensive, because I can enjoy them with abandon, but maybe later. I have enough summery scents at the moment, including the "cheery, fresh, good and inexpensive" type, too.

I also passed very good deals for YSL Opium EDP, Dior Fahrenheit and Fahrenheit Cologne a few months ago. I decided to not buy/chase for Opium backup at all. I love the scent, but it's pretty expensive even with the discounts, and I can have two Guerlains for the price of one Opium. And it's rich enough that my small bottle should last me for many years anyway. As for Fahrenheit, I think I'll get either the EDT or the Cologne someday anyway, but I decided it won't be this year. I also always look at the bottles of L'Heure Bleue and Mitsouko and not buy any of them. I decided it's not this year, too. And only after some more extensive testing.

Bavard

Wearing Perfume Right Now
Basenotes Plus
Jul 20, 2015
Vintage Cartier Santos - There's no question this is a beauty. I recommend it to anyone, and yet, I never quite feel like going for a bottle. It's a sexy, chalky-floral, woods fragrance. To me, this bridges some of the women's classics from the 50s (and earlier) and something like Chanel Antaeus. I think it's my favorite Cartier.

As it develops, it gets better and better, but it never gets me past the feeling that I already have all the perfume I need.

Today I relented, and went for a bottle of Santos. I realized I liked it more than one or more fragrances in my wardrobe, so I bit the bullet. Cartier Santos is in and Chanel Allure Homme is out. I'm going see if the little guy can bond with Allure Homme.

Latest posts

Latest News