Today I bought September 2021

Ealu

Mar 23, 2016
Ormonde Jayne Frangipani (50ml)
05b1d3a428795c699cbcc6999ea33d90.jpg

Sent from my Mi Note 10 using Tapatalk

hednic

Oct 25, 2007
Hibiscus Mahajad by Maison Crivelli and Oud For Happiness by Initio Parfums 50ml Extrait and 90ml EDP respectively!

375x500.69069.jpg
oud-for-happiness.jpg

cazaubon

Basenotes Plus
Jan 1, 2005
Joining Jon with my acquisitions of Francesca Bianchi Sticky Fingers, Angel’s Dust, Tyger Tyger and Luxe, Calme et Volupté.

I also placed an order for Teone Reinthal Polynesia, Autumn Shadows, Embers 2021, Honey Amber and Irises.

Last edited:

zerofox

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Aug 31, 2020
Joining Jon with my acquisitions of Francesca Bianchi Sticky Fingers, Angel’s Dust, Tyger Tyger and Luxe, Calme et Volupté.

I also placed an order for Teone Reinthal Polynesia, Autumn Shadows, Embers 2021, Honey Amber and Irises.

Quite a haul! I hope you both share your observations in detail.

cazaubon

Basenotes Plus
Jan 1, 2005
Quite a haul! I hope you both share your observations in detail.

This is my second bottle of Sticky Fingers - it’s a great gourmand leather scent. The rest I’ve only sampled and look forward to a full dousing.

Polynesia and Embers are both second bottles from TRNP, although this is a different batch of Embers that is supposedly superior, so I’m really looking forward to comparing them.

cazaubon

Basenotes Plus
Jan 1, 2005
Just ordered 30ml bottles of Laboratorio Olfattivo Nerotic and Kashnoir.

I had been combing the internet and calling stores to find a bottle of Guerlain Promenade des Anglais with no luck when last week I magically found it on the Saks web site, apparently the last bottle. No shipment notice for several days though, so I figured they didn’t actually have it. But lo and behold I got a shipment notice, so it looks like my quest was successful. Crossing fingers it arrives safely.

naylor

Oct 24, 2011
Just bought a bottle of Henry Jacques Blue Vanille parfum oil, which is one that I've had my eye on for the colder months.

N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer

Semi-Retirement
Basenotes Plus
Jul 1, 2011
The bottle of Promenade des Anglais says it has arrived (at my SIL’s house in CA) so it appears that quest was successful. Just ordered the new Corpus Equus by Naomi Goodsir from Nose in France.

A few more purchases: Guerlain Rose Cherie and Santal Pao Rosa, plus Zoologist Chipmunk.

Nice. I'd be interested in knowing what you think of Rose Cherie.

cazaubon

Basenotes Plus
Jan 1, 2005
Forgot to mention I also ordered Hummingbird with Chipmunk the other day. Sampling Guerlain Santal Pao Rosa: on me it is 95% santal and 5% rosa. Very unisex. Also tested FB Angel’s Dust and Luxe, Calme et Volupté. Both are lovely. Angel’s Dust is a lipstick in a leather handbag smell, LCV is kind of a woody chypre on me. Tyger Tyger should be arriving today.

Schubertian

Apr 8, 2021
Isn't Etruscan Water just wonderful ? :happy:
I have samples of The Dark Side, Sticky Fingers, and Tyger Tyger. Not sure I need them (I have Under My Skin and Lost in Heaven) but I'd happily have all of the Francesca Bianchis if money was no object. Kid of hankering after Angel's Dust now, though Luxe, Calme... did not wow me. FB just does beautiful stuff.

I wasn't going to buy anything this month but... I ended up getting a cheap deal on a couple of relatively simple perfumes that I found an unexpected craving for:
loewe-001-woman-edp-vapo-100ml.jpg Loewe 001 woman - creamy sandalwood
van-cleef-arpels-collection-extraordinaire-bois-diris-eau-de-parfum-spray-75ml.jpg Van Cleef & Arpels Bois d'iris - sweet woody iris

Go figure 🤷

JON RODGERS

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Dec 5, 2007
Isn't Etruscan Water just wonderful ? :happy:
I have samples of The Dark Side, Sticky Fingers, and Tyger Tyger. Not sure I need them (I have Under My Skin and Lost in Heaven) but I'd happily have all of the Francesca Bianchis if money was no object. Kid of hankering after Angel's Dust now, though Luxe, Calme... did not wow me. FB just does beautiful stuff.

She certainly does :thumbsup:

Etruscan Water is superb :smiley:

PS - Belgium is wonderful, especially Bruges (and the beer !).

cazaubon

Basenotes Plus
Jan 1, 2005
Hope Material is a big hit. I absolutely love it :thumbsup:

I’m actually wearing a bit of my sample right now. It smells quite different from how it smelled to me when I sprayed it in the shop, less sweet and more woody/spicy. I’m also getting an earthy smell, bordering on mushroom. I think it smells better from a distance than close up. Will need a couple of full wearings to decide if I really like it.

FiveoaksBouquet

Scented.
Basenotes Plus
Jul 16, 2004
Congrats, everyone!

Went to an estate sale today and found these two (somewhat evaporated) lovelies.

Chant d’Arômes edc 100 ml
8687F661-AA0A-4FC9-82AE-F09FA55F53E3.jpg

and Shalimar edc 50 ml
4C40E6DB-BECB-41D6-A132-3DC2D03D07CF.jpg

In the box there is a little Shalimar bottle that originally held parfum but it’s all dried up.

N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer

Semi-Retirement
Basenotes Plus
Jul 1, 2011
Mitsouko EDC.

nRCa9EK.jpg

Nice. What is your preference for Mitsouko in terms of concentration?

Forgot to mention I also ordered Hummingbird with Chipmunk the other day. Sampling Guerlain Santal Pao Rosa: on me it is 95% santal and 5% rosa. Very unisex. Also tested FB Angel’s Dust and Luxe, Calme et Volupté. Both are lovely. Angel’s Dust is a lipstick in a leather handbag smell, LCV is kind of a woody chypre on me. Tyger Tyger should be arriving today.

Never tried Santal Pao Rosa. Does it remind you of anything?

Mitsouko EDC.

nRCa9EK.jpg

Congrats, everyone!

Went to an estate sale today and found these two (somewhat evaporated) lovelies.

Chant d’Arômes edc 100 ml
and Shalimar edc 50 ml

In the box there is a little Shalimar bottle that originally held parfum but it’s all dried up.

These look great. Hope they still smell great.

Staff online

Latest News