TheAntagonist

Apr 17, 2006
26161858-2886.jpg

Saharian Wind

26155800-893.jpg

Hindu Kush

deltasun

Jun 12, 2017
How's the Kyoto? I really want to get it, but its no longer available on Saks.

Nordstrom should have a few left. The SA showed 6 when I bought mine today.

To me, it's got some vegetal aspects, some jamminess from the rose, can get sweet and fruity but always with a vetiver backbone. It lasts a long time on skin for me, like over 24 hours. In that length of time, I go through so many perceptions. I was going to skip it when it got too fruity sweet, but then another wearing focused on the vegetal aspects that I really enjoyed. I've not even covered the unique beetroot. lol In the end, I just went for it. Let's see if it truly is limited and will not come back.

TheAntagonist

Apr 17, 2006
Nordstrom should have a few left. The SA showed 6 when I bought mine today.

To me, it's got some vegetal aspects, some jamminess from the rose, can get sweet and fruity but always with a vetiver backbone. It lasts a long time on skin for me, like over 24 hours. In that length of time, I go through so many perceptions. I was going to skip it when it got too fruity sweet, but then another wearing focused on the vegetal aspects that I really enjoyed. I've not even covered the unique beetroot. lol In the end, I just went for it. Let's see if it truly is limited and will not come back.

Maybe it'll come back without the japanese wrap. Wanted to take advantage of the saks event...tch.

The Bark

Jan 24, 2003
From a few days ago, awaiting the following:

Gissah Modern Heritage. Tried my sample again that I received a few months back and questioned why I hadn't sprung for this yet.

Modern_Heritage_Eau_de_Parfum.jpg

Amouage Silver Oud. Well, dark, brooding, mysterious and smokey sounded too good to pass up.

amouage-so.jpg

deltasun

Jun 12, 2017
Congrats on these two!

Thanks!

This one was pretty good when I tried it years ago at Barneys.

Great, looking forward to it!

Never tried Kyoto but I'd interested to knowing your thoughts on it.

I've worn it off a sample from the SA. It's not a love (yet), but I keep chasing whiffs while wearing it the 2 days my sample lasted. So, I figured it was a good enough reason to get a bottle while it's still available.

cheapimitation

May 15, 2015
Ooh, we seem to be vibing on a similar wavelength Deltasun. I recently got the travel atomizer of this from fragrancenet to give it a try and have been debating if I need a full bottle. Not sure if it was an accident or they were just being nice, but they sent two when I only ordered one so I've got about 16ml of it.

It's a totally unique take on vetiver unlike anything I've smelled before. Super cozy and seems perfect for fall!

kidmetal24

Sep 4, 2013
So today FedEx fucked up.

So I ordered a bottle of Oud for Happiness on Labor Day, it then shipped out Wednesday. Expected delivery date was Friday, September 10th but it was delayed. I called yesterday and asked if I could pick it up at a sorting facility because they seemed to have a hard time delivering it. FedEx said they would call me before the end of the day and let me know. FedEx did not call and it went out for delivery today. Something felt a little off and when I opened the package that was poorly secured and had a FXG Relabel sticker I found a sample of OfG, Blessed Baraka, and a ton of shredded black packing paper. What I didn’t find is my barely $400 fragrance in the package. When I called FedEx they were extremely unhelpful and was told to contact the shipper about the claim.

So I purchased Oud for Happiness and I’ll maybe get it eventually?

Latest News