hednic

Oct 25, 2007
375x500.11411.jpg
Very nice!

FiveoaksBouquet

Scented.
Basenotes Plus
Jul 16, 2004
Replenished my “hand sanitizer,” 4711 EDC, this time in the 400 ml bottle, half the size of the last one, in the hopes that the pandemic is on the way out. But 4711 will still be among worn fragrances when sanitizer becomes merely optional.

Also got Samsara edt, 50 ml. Samsara, along with Insolence and Idylle, are three Guerlain perfumes erroneously neglected when they first came out, to which I am now making amends.

1282EB5D-A5F7-4142-BDBE-693DF7448D56.jpeg

N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer

Retired
Basenotes Plus
Jul 1, 2011
I bought a balsam-scented large Yankee candle from Amazon. At this time of year I love burning candles that smell like pine or balsam - they really smell like the outdoors here during winter, and of freshly cut Christmas trees.
I enjoy these kind of scents around the holidays as well. There's a few that I'm eyeing that are either tree or outdoor scented from Bath and Body Works, not sure if you would be interested as well.

A few on my short list: Winter, Fresh Balsam, Tree Farm, Sweater Weather, Flannel, and Frozen Lake.

Wingie

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Dec 2, 2009
I enjoy these kind of scents around the holidays as well. There's a few that I'm eyeing that are either tree or outdoor scented from Bath and Body Works, not sure if you would be interested as well.

A few on my short list: Winter, Fresh Balsam, Tree Farm, Sweater Weather, Flannel, and Frozen Lake.
I used to buy the balsam candles from Bath and Body Works every winter, but have found they only last a few nights. The large Yankee candles are supposed to have 115-150 burns per candle.

N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer

Retired
Basenotes Plus
Jul 1, 2011
I used to buy the balsam candles from Bath and Body Works every winter, but have found they only last a few nights. The large Yankee candles are supposed to have 115-150 burns per candle.
115-150 burns doesn't sound right, hours seems more logical. These are the jars with two wicks? How long do they recommend keeping them lit? I've read reviews with complaints that the candles weren't as strong.

Wingie

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Dec 2, 2009
115-150 burns doesn't sound right, hours seems more logical. These are the jars with two wicks? How long do they recommend keeping them lit? I've read reviews with complaints that the candles weren't as strong.
Sorry, it was 115-150 hours, not burns. I didn’t get the jar with two wicks but those were available too. I can’t say how strong or weak the scent is as it hasn’t arrived yet. It’s my first Yankee candle so I’ll have to see how it turns out.

Last edited:

N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer

Retired
Basenotes Plus
Jul 1, 2011
Sorry, it was 115-150 hours, not burns. I didn’t get the jar with two wicks but those were available too. I can’t say how strong or weak the scent is as it hasn’t arrived yet. It’s my first Yankee candle so I’ll have to see how it turns out.
If it's the single wick, you probably will observe tunneling from the wax pool - one of the reasons I prefer the 3 wicks.
I bought the trio of Diptyque holiday candles: Sapin, Flocon and Biscuit.

Never heard of these before, I'll have to look them up.

Diptyque - Figuier candle.
Hope it smells nice.

anoctua

Apr 9, 2021
325230BC-F3C6-445F-B44B-ADF30F9162DE.jpegB6063798-8EEE-4B3D-A562-332D043B4405.jpeg
damn you lot... caved and purchased Chergui (the dupe I tried was amazing, so thank you for all the recs as I had to have the real thing!) and Shalimar Melliseme Planifolia… which I’d been wanting since I’d heard of it’s release but it was not available here, then not available for delivery until today.

I also purchased samples of
- Parle Moi De Parfum Flavia Vanilla
- Histoires de Parfums Ambre 114
- Atelier Des Ors Lune Feline
- L’Artisan Noir Equis
- L’Artisan Dzing!
- Santa Maria Novella Tabacco Toscano 1221 Edition
- Matisse Premiere Encens Suave

N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer

Retired
Basenotes Plus
Jul 1, 2011
View attachment 176160View attachment 176161
damn you lot... caved and purchased Chergui (the dupe I tried was amazing, so thank you for all the recs as I had to have the real thing!) and Shalimar Mellisme Planifolia… which I’d been wanting since I’d heard of it’s release but it was not available here, then not available for delivery until today.

I also purchased samples of
- Parle Moi De Parfum Flavia Vanilla
- Histoires de Parfums Ambre 114
- Atelier Des Ors Lune Feline
- L’Artisan Noir Equis
- L’Artisan Dzing!
- Santa Maria Novella Tabacco Toscano 1221 Edition
- Matisse Premiere Encens Suave
You've done well, pat yourself on the back.

Never tried Parle Moi De Parfum Flavia Vanilla, I got to see what that one is about.

Nares Hughes

Dec 28, 2018
I've tried a handful: Ambre, Baies, Cuir, Feu de Bois, Myrrhe, and Patchouli. I enjoyed them all (except Baies wasn't for me) so I'm looking forward to this new fig-scented one.
Mousses is my favourite, earthy, dark green/brown mulchy smell - fantastic.
Narguille is a lovely honeyed tobacco.
Cannelle is nice too.
Also, the 34 is worth trying too if that's a perfume you enjoy.
Feu de bois was a disappointment for me though.
Great candles altogether and very nice jars.

PrinceRF

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Apr 3, 2020
Mousses is my favourite, earthy, dark green/brown mulchy smell - fantastic.
Narguille is a lovely honeyed tobacco.
Cannelle is nice too.
Also, the 34 is worth trying too if that's a perfume you enjoy.
Feu de bois was a disappointment for me though.
Great candles altogether and very nice jars.
How did I overlook Mousses? Sounds like it would be perfect for my tastes. I'll have to go back and give it a try.
I agree they have a wonderful presentation. Thanks for your suggestions. (y)

Latest News