Slumberhouse - Mond
Initio - Oud for Greatness
Mancera - Red Tobacco
Mancera - Cedrat Boise

Nares Hughes

Dec 28, 2018
Today:

375x500.68415.jpg

Not a fan of the others, but have been fascinated by the reviews of this one.

FiveoaksBouquet

Scented.
Basenotes Plus
Jul 16, 2004
Went to another estate sale and found some Guerlan: Chamade cologne and Idylle edp 50ml and purse atomizer. The Idylle, from the code, looks to be from 2012 and came in a gift box designed by Kuntzel & Deygas, who did the graphic desidgn for La Petite Robe Noire in the same year. (been googling)

The Idylle is lovely, spritz-tested. The Chamade was made in the USA with essences imported from France, from the plastic-caated stopper era that fell between glass stoppers and screw caps.

26BA1D40-5914-4E72-9F44-93E74546FC43.jpeg

Last edited:

anoctua

Apr 9, 2021
I am embarrassed to say this, and do not feel worthy of this thread for these purchases but I’m still going to share 🤣. I purchased a couple of cheapies today. These will be the only celebrity fragrances I own, so don’t hold it against me! 🙈

1636812479554.jpeg1636812631619.jpeg
I also purchased these scents from Palermo to get a bit of a feel for them rather than doing a complete blind buy. If anyones wondering, it’s a bit harder to get samples here in Australia and I live no where near a counter.

- Tom Ford Black Orchid
- Serge Lutens Chergui (I was so happy to see this available… given everyone keeps telling me to buy it and I have been reluctant to commit to a blind buy!)
- Guerlain Spiritueuse Double Vanille
- Initio Side Effect
- Penhaligon’s - Roaring Radcliffe
- Hermes - Hermessence Ambre Narguille
- Thierry Mugler - A Men Pure Havane (there are literally no flankers anywhere! Wahh! I hope the dupe is good)
- Thierry Mugler - A Men Pure Malt

N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer

Retired
Basenotes Plus
Jul 1, 2011
I am embarrassed to say this, and do not feel worthy of this thread for these purchases but I’m still going to share 🤣. I purchased a couple of cheapies today. These will be the only celebrity fragrances I own, so don’t hold it against me! 🙈

View attachment 174975View attachment 174976
I also purchased these scents from Palermo to get a bit of a feel for them rather than doing a complete blind buy. If anyones wondering, it’s a bit harder to get samples here in Australia and I live no where near a counter.

- Tom Ford Black Orchid
- Serge Lutens Chergui (I was so happy to see this available… given everyone keeps telling me to buy it and I have been reluctant to commit to a blind buy!)
- Guerlain Spiritueuse Double Vanille
- Initio Side Effect
- Penhaligon’s - Roaring Radcliffe
- Hermes - Hermessence Ambre Narguille
- Thierry Mugler - A Men Pure Havane (there are literally no flankers anywhere! Wahh! I hope the dupe is good)
- Thierry Mugler - A Men Pure Malt
I think you got a couple of nice choices here, hopefully some of these will work out. From one gourmand head to another (y)

Nares Hughes

Dec 28, 2018
How do you like this one?
It arrived yesterday. I got all jasmine and no cigarette! But that's okay, I'm exploring florals more, pushing my boundaries, you know? Probably my expectations based on reviews. I found it (on one wearing) a very nice, wearable (for me) white floral. But there's something lurking round the edges that I'll need a few more goes to identify. It's perhaps this darker element that helps me with the fragrance, as I like a bit of edginess or 'dirt' in the mix.
So I'll see what a few more wearings bring to the table - an ashtray hopefully.

N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer

Retired
Basenotes Plus
Jul 1, 2011

ClockworkAlice

Cakesniffer
Basenotes Plus
Jan 3, 2019
@elizamander - congrats on your bottle! I also have a sample of Lolitaland and I agree - it's truly lovely! And I see the bottle is super nice, too. Enjoy it well! (I myself was gifted a summery version of this - Oh Ma Biche, which is considered a flanker of Lolitaland and is lighter and fruitier. I have finished it by now, it was fun to wear, I enjoyed it, and the bottle was very cool, too. So I'm sure you'll enjoy your Lolitaland too!)
Also - I really like your carefulness in picking your bottles. You are doing this the right way - sampling first, and only buying a favourite one or two. It's very easy to accumulate lots of "meh, nice enough" bottles over time and run out of space or funds for potential true loves if you're not careful!

@anoctua - never ever be ashamed for buying, wearing or simply enjoying so called "cheapies", celebrity scents or anything else that's not considered a classic or a "luxe" fragrance. It's only your enjoyment that counts, not some silly internet points. (and people around you only feel the scent itself, they don't see the price you paid for it.) For example, I just went to Zara and came back home with a bunch of rollerballs to try out, and they are giving me a lot of joy and fun, and they do smell good despite costing 4 to 6 euros each. There are really nice and really awful fragrances in all price points, and what's nice and what's awful often depends on who's sniffing it. It's okay to have an expensive and refined taste, it's okay to enjoy inexpensive perfumery, and it's okay to love both. What's not okay is to look down on people who enjoy what they enjoy. And if anyone tells you that somehow you're a worse perfume enthusiast for not only choosing super expensive and super unattainable things, well, then you just know you're communicating with a snob that just wants to bring you down. Don't let others bring you down and first of all, don't bring yourself down.

By the way, Ariana Grande's R.E.M. is a very nice and very modern gourmand, enjoy it well! (That other one was slightly too sweet for me when I tried it, but I think it's great for days when you want some more sweetness, too! Hope you'll enjoy them both)

Latest News