Today I bought November 2021

hednic

Oct 25, 2007
Fire At Will by Jovoy 100ml EDP

fire-at-will.jpg

Robes08

Apr 24, 2009
14983_img-5359-histoires_de_parfums-edition_rare__petroleum_480.jpgAM_SECONDARY-VISUAL_PRODUCT-PAGE_ANGELIQUE-NOIRE.jpgAM_SECONDARY-VISUAL_PRODUCT-PAGE_NEROLI.jpg

Purchased both Angelique and Neroli blindly off the the ones I already own in the line. I have faith that I will love them both as I know very well how l'art et la matiere dna work. I'm excited about both since Angelique has much love in the community and Neroli is known to have a tea backbone which should really be up my alley. Looking forward to building the line in my collection.

Finally found Petroleum that was not sold overseas or at a price over 200. I've been eyeing that one since 2011 so this one is a huge find to me to finally get.

deltasun

Jun 12, 2017
View attachment 173883View attachment 173884View attachment 173885

Purchased both Angelique and Neroli blindly off the the ones I already own in the line. I have faith that I will love them both as I know very well how l'art et la matiere dna work. I'm excited about both since Angelique has much love in the community and Neroli is known to have a tea backbone which should really be up my alley. Looking forward to building the line in my collection.

Finally found Petroleum that was not sold overseas or at a price over 200. I've been eyeing that one since 2011 so this one is a huge find to me to finally get.
Congrats! Angelique Noire is great! I kept putting it off till it was too late to get it in the original bottle presentation unfortunately. I will probably pick up in the new presentation when I find a good deal.

Luckily, I did get some excellent deals on Tonka Imperial, Cuir Beluga, and SDV prior to the change. 👍

naylor

Oct 24, 2011
Oriza L. Legrand Horizon

I'm recently been revisiting this house, which has many releases that I love, and Horizon is one that I was always on the fence with. I feel as though I understand it better now, and my tastes have evolved to a point where I finally needed to add it to my collection. It's the perfect time of year for it also.

N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer

Retired
Basenotes Plus
Jul 1, 2011
View attachment 173883View attachment 173884View attachment 173885

Angelique Noire is a great choice, I'm reminded of L'Instant when wearing it. Neroli Outrenoir is a really good neroli.

hednic

Oct 25, 2007
Oriza L. Legrand Horizon

I'm recently been revisiting this house, which has many releases that I love, and Horizon is one that I was always on the fence with. I feel as though I understand it better now, and my tastes have evolved to a point where I finally needed to add it to my collection. It's the perfect time of year for it also.
Which is your favorite from the house?

mrcologneguy

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Jan 2, 2009
Completed my Aramis Gentleman collection by adding Tuscany and New West. Glad I already have the rest of the set. Now hoping Aramis releases JHL in an upmarket, EdP or parfum version. The most recent EdT version is ok, but it’s kind of like hearing your favorite song playing on a transistor radio in the next room. You know you like it, but it’s just not hi-fi enough.

PStoller

I’m not old, I’m vintage.
Basenotes Plus
Aug 1, 2019
Now hoping Aramis releases JHL in an upmarket, EdP or parfum version. The most recent EdT version is ok, but it’s kind of like hearing your favorite song playing on a transistor radio in the next room. You know you like it, but it’s just not hi-fi enough.
Buy vintage. It may not be cheap or plentiful, but the chances of a satisfying upscale reboot are slim.

mrcologneguy

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Jan 2, 2009
Buy vintage. It may not be cheap or plentiful, but the chances of a satisfying upscale reboot are slim.
Most likely correct. Sad but true.

Today I wore two sprays from a newish bottle of Aramis Aramis. Still fine stuff. Renewed interest due to my recent obsession with Cachobard EdP, purportedly an early version of Aramis Aramis. Overall, one of the best mid-priced men’s brands. I’m really enjoying this binge.

LeeroyDaBoy

Dec 28, 2012
I came across an excellent deal on Invictus Aqua today, so I went ahead and purchased it.

20211106_112850.jpg

I also purchased Oud Wood.

20211106_170139.jpg

Latest News