Today I bought March 2018

Akahina

Basenotes Dependent
Jun 9, 2011
-iris-silver-mist-serge-lutens-parfums.jpg

Serge Lutens Iris Silver Mist and...
amouage-opus-x-600x538.jpg

Amouage Library Collection Opus X. (Recent buy)

Buysblind

Basenotes Institution
Jan 21, 2011
Finally! I think this new version is really nice:

375x500.69.jpg

One that I sold off and wish I hadn't:

375x500.13955.jpg

Another one I've bought and sold more times than I can count--this time I'm keeping it (probably). I'm curious how this formulation turns out:

NMC004C_mu.jpg

And finally one more that I bought and sold. For $38, I couldn't resist. I bought two: one to use and one to keep stashed away (I do that for every A*Men release):

375x500.42937.jpg

Last edited:

ILikePeeps

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
May 15, 2012
Guerlain - Rose Nacrée du Désert

Don't know if this has been discontinued or not, but it does seem a little hard to find (especially with Notino not active at the moment for USA). Also not sure which version of the presentation I'll be receiving! Blind buy as far as I'm aware.

C9UxIUt.jpg

cytherian

Basenotes Dependent
Nov 24, 2013
Amouage-_Tribute_12ml_01.jpg

Amouage Tribute 12ml bottle. Looks to be about 60% full. It's a tester, so seller didn't know if it was white or red box. I had them describe the aroma. Definitely sounded like white (not much rose presence)... so I bid and won. :)

Last edited:

Gotabyte

May 4, 2016
Bought Versace L'homme, Mont Blanc Legend and Kanon Norwegian Wood on clearance at Marshall's today. I'm pleased with all of these.

Avecesar

Basenotes Dependent
Nov 16, 2011
IMG_3684.JPG

Wow ! This is the perfect replication of the 1947 version of Jacques Fath Green Water ! Forget about the 1993 Green Water formulation (which I found bad ) and go for this parfum version if, like me, you were nostalgic about the vintage Green Water .

Last edited:

NickZee

Basenotes Dependent
Sep 19, 2014
Congrats, Nick!

I've been meaning to get around to this, and it's usually sold out at the store from which I plan to buy it. Beautiful scent...Enjoy!

Congrats, great scent. I purchased a one off 10ml decant they were selling when it was first released. I still have quite a bit left as you only need a spray or two for good longevity and projection.

Cheers guys, I gave it a test mid-last year and was impressed with it. Jack, I remember you were an early mover on this one, thanks for bringing it to my attention.

hednic

Basenotes Institution
Oct 25, 2007
Guerlain - Rose Nacrée du Désert

Don't know if this has been discontinued or not, but it does seem a little hard to find (especially with Notino not active at the moment for USA). Also not sure which version of the presentation I'll be receiving! Blind buy as far as I'm aware.

C9UxIUt.jpg
Wonderful purchase! :thumbsup:

cytherian

Basenotes Dependent
Nov 24, 2013
View attachment 80089

Wow ! This is the perfect replication of the 1947 version of Jacques Fath Green Water ! Forget about the 1993 Green Water formulation (which I found horrible ) and go for this parfum version if, like me, you were nostalgic about the vintage Green Water .

Congrats! Looks intriguing. I've not explored the house of Fath much, but this release looks enticing.

ILikePeeps

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
May 15, 2012
Dior - Eau Sauvage 200ml

Believe it or not, I'm not entirely sure I've smelled this at a store before! I probably have, it kind of seems like I have.. but I'm not positive. Is that bad? Haha.

Since this one might have a longevity issue... how many sprays do y'all usually do for this one? I might do skin and clothing. Not a big fan of carrying decants around, but I may for this.. dunno.

ntjeaWS.jpg

Slayerized

Basenotes Dependent
Jul 17, 2011
Finally! I think this new version is really nice:

375x500.69.jpg

[/IMG]

The one you show is not the new one but the version from 2010 which was launched after the ribbed frosted bottle.
This is the newest version (as of 2 years now?!):

1842_h4xd5u_vetiver_eau_de_toilette_480.jpg

Which one did you actually buy buysblind; curious here?

Last edited:

Wit_Siamese

Basenotes Dependent
Oct 4, 2011
50 ml Thé Noir 29
50ml Iris 39
30 ml Pomelo Paradise
I need to pick them up at airport on departure from BKK.

I also spend my afternoon with Prin Lomros from Pryn Parfums to smell his ‘may be’ future releases, there are so many good ons. I love Aranyaka, Ancient Jungle scent from his Bespoke service.

2AA85D45-3C0C-4C76-BE7C-FDB3A7CB63BB.jpg
8776A072-A2CD-4C28-AB7D-933AB7EFA360.jpg

Last edited:

The Colognnoisseur

Basenotes Institution
Apr 7, 2013
When I'm stressed, I binge. Yesterday I bought a used lot of Chanel Allure Homme Sport, Chanel Allure Homme Sport Eau Extreme and YSL L'Homme Ultime. $119 shipped for the kit and kaboodle.

Nice pickups, Chuck! I own and love the first two and am looking for a deal on the last, which I have put my nose to.

ILikePeeps

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
May 15, 2012
Wonderful purchase! :thumbsup:

Congrats on this! :thumbsup:

Thanks! Looking forward to getting them. My interested boosted in the Guerlain when I looked up 'nacreous' from the translation for Rose Nacrée du Désert (Nacreous Rose of the Desert), except I'm not sure if Nacrée is nacreous or pearly. /shrug.

But if you search Google images for 'nacreous'... boom:

X18UVoJ.jpg

Awesome.

The Lorax

Basenotes Member
Jul 14, 2017
In March.

Body Kouros Vintage Edition by Yves Saint Laurent.
Benjoin Bohème by Diptyque. Today!!
Reckless Pour Homme by Roja Dove.
Original Sandalwood by Crabtree and Evelyn.
Tuscan Leather by Tom Ford.
Krizia Uomo Vintage Edition by Krizia.
Jaipur Homme Eau de Parfum by Boucheron.

Last edited:

The Colognnoisseur

Basenotes Institution
Apr 7, 2013
26131785-6358.jpg

Spotted and bought a Zippo gift set at the local TJX for $20 that included a 50ml lighter style bottle that clicks like a Zippo lighter when opened, a 50ml refill, a 100ml body wash, a 125ml shaving balm and a stick of deodorant. Not much at risk here for $20. You know you are a collector when you are easily amused by a clicking lighter style bottle.

Last edited:

Thorien

Basenotes Junkie
Mar 16, 2018
Got some testers in recently and decided to get some bottles:

HERMÈS Terre d'Hermès Eau de Parfum, 75ml

CHANEL BLEU DE CHANEL Eau De Parfum Spray, 50ml

Giorgio Armani Acqua Di Gio Homme Profumo Eau de Parfum, 40ml

:)

Perfumania - America's Leading Perfumery Chain!

Latest News