Smell Good, Feel Good
Basenotes Plus
Dec 26, 2010
distillers_spray_cologne.jpg

N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer

Semi-Retirement
Basenotes Plus
Jul 1, 2011
Bought last week...Malle / Ropion masterpiece Carnal Flower and Acqua di Parma Futura.

Carnal Flower is a great pick from Malle, a nice tuberose.
View attachment 160389

Mohur from Neela Vermeire Creations

And, after much humming and huhing and griping about Guerlain...
View attachment 160390
Neroli Outrenoir
A nice neroli scent Neroli Outrenoir is.

Caron Secret Oud.

Y8j7gUE.jpg

Nice Jon :thumbsup:

Congrats, everyone.

Not a purchase but an acquisition all the same; I received as a gift a bottle of Angel Nova, which was running low. It also came with a mini, some kind of little scarf and a perfumable key chain.

The Angel bottles always look great. I don't think I've ever smelled Nova.

hednic

Oct 25, 2007
I attempted to do so downtown today. They were all sold out and said no more, as it’s a limited edition. They did have a tester bottle which the SA showed but she didn't let me smell it and put it away. Weird.
Sorry to hear that. How strange that she wouldn't let you smell it.

FiveoaksBouquet

Scented.
Basenotes Plus
Jul 16, 2004
The Angel bottles always look great. I don't think I've ever smelled Nova.

It’s very different from Angel. The bottles to me have a certain almost childish panache—if that’s not an oxymoron. Just about the opposite of the austere elegance of a classic Chanel bottle, which I also love. The other bottles on the perfume tray sit there demurely but the Angel series bottles always seem to be dancing to some lively show tune!

FiveoaksBouquet

Scented.
Basenotes Plus
Jul 16, 2004
Sorry to hear that. How strange that she wouldn't let you smell it.

Yes, I walked over thinking to get a sniff and she picked up the bottle and put it behind some stuff. That never happened before in any perfume environment. I didn't think to question it or persist at the time because I was with a friend. There was conversation going on about some other perfumes and it didn’t register until later what had happened.

So hednic, your impressions of Kyoto will be of great interest.

cazaubon

Basenotes Plus
Jan 1, 2005
Yes, I walked over thinking to get a sniff and she picked up the bottle and put it behind some stuff. That never happened before in any perfume environment. I didn't think to question it or persist at the time because I was with a friend. There was conversation going on about some other perfumes and it didn’t register until later what had happened.

So hednic, your impressions of Kyoto will be of great interest.

I was able to smell this at Holt Renfrew in Vancouver where they had no bottles left on hand but said they could order it for me. It was a bit rooty/earthy, probably the beetroot? Bottle was lovely but I didn’t feel the perfume would work on me. They also had two lovely candles but the one I liked best was of course $$$. I think she said $265 CAD? Anyway, I passed.

cazaubon

Basenotes Plus
Jan 1, 2005
I went on a perfume expedition and meetup yesterday in Vancouver. Met lots of nice local perfumistas and shopped at Holt Renfrew and Scentrique. I bought another bottle of Embruns d’Ylang, plus A Lab on Fire Hossegor and Laboratorio Olfattivo Tonkade.

PrinceRF

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Apr 3, 2020
I went on a perfume expedition and meetup yesterday in Vancouver. Met lots of nice local perfumistas and shopped at Holt Renfrew and Scentrique. I bought another bottle of Embruns d’Ylang, plus A Lab on Fire Hossegor and Laboratorio Olfattivo Tonkade.

Sounds like a lot of fun!

cazaubon

Basenotes Plus
Jan 1, 2005
Sounds like a lot of fun!

It was! I also smelled tons of really nice things, burnt out my nose for the first time in a long time. :)

Just bought Xerjoff Casamorati 1888 at Maxaroma on their sale, sniffed yesterday at Scentrique. I supported them by buying two bottles, but knew I could get the 1888 for $100 cheaper on Maxaroma, so picked that one up just now.

FiveoaksBouquet

Scented.
Basenotes Plus
Jul 16, 2004
Cazaubon, thanks for the nice comments and report on Kyoto! Sounds like a wonderful time meeting up in Vancouver. Congrats on the wonderful haul and best wishes for enjoying all the fine perfumes thoroughly!

Doubletake—did you say $265 for a candle? :shocked:

cazaubon

Basenotes Plus
Jan 1, 2005
Cazaubon, thanks for the nice comments and report on Kyoto! Sounds like a wonderful time meeting up in Vancouver. Congrats on the wonderful haul and best wishes for enjoying all the fine perfumes thoroughly!

Doubletake—did you say $265 for a candle? :shocked:

Yes, I could not believe it when she said it! Granted it is in a pretty swirled ceramic holder, not their standard clear glass, but still. Major sticker shock.

Edit: Okay, I just checked it online, the SA was mistaken. It is $215 CAD. Still very expensive.
https://www.holtrenfrew.com/en/Prod...ndle---60th-Anniversary-Edition/p/20213594001

Latest posts

Latest News