Mar 23, 2016
Boucheron Ambre d'Alexandrie
a422f2b6ac51280ec8c5c24b76024d87.jpg

Sent from my Mi Note 10 using Tapatalk

FiveoaksBouquet

Scented.
Basenotes Plus
Jul 16, 2004
Spell 125 by Papillon, plus several Guerlain L’Art et la Marière backup bottles due to repackaging (and sale at BG) :).

Good job! Congrats, caz. It’s nice that the Guerlains are being put on sale instead if whisking them away like Chanel did with the Exclusifs edts. Here’s hoping that when it gets closer to the local transition time (Feb. ‘22) the same will be done here!

cazaubon

Basenotes Plus
Jan 1, 2005
Which L’Art et la Matière bottles?

I believe the entire L’Art et la Matière line is being repackaged. Bergdorf Goodman was selling the current 75ml bottles buy 2 get one free. New bottles will be 100mls for $360 if what I’ve heard is correct. There will apparently also be a 200ml version, don’t know the price.

Ashleyland

Aug 9, 2018
I'm doing a big haul this weekend. Gotta get through a funeral for a relative first today though, I'd rather not be associating these scent purchases (which I'm very excited for!) with this day/time. The deceased was a distant cousin but these kinds of things still make me very emotional, so I'm making my purchases after the weekend, already have everything in my cart just ready to purchase on Monday or Tuesday.

These are the scents:
By Kilian Back To Black
Yves Saint Laurent Tuxedo
Tom Ford F* Fabulous (hate the name and the price, but had a decant and the scent is really good I haven't been able to stop thinking about it)
Tom Ford Mandarino di Amalfi- One last hurrah for the Summer which is fleeting fast
Maison Margiela Coffee Break- just emptied my decant and at first didn't think I needed it, but that roasted coffee opening is scrumptious I figured YOLO and I'm getting a bottle, lest they discontinue this one too, as this house has a tendency to do with my favs.

Next purchases will probably be either right before Christmas or not until after. I'm thinking I need to do a Luckyscent Sample palooza and finalize my choices. Have about 6-7 scents I used the samples of already but obviously not going to buy all those bottles at once. I need to come up with a game plan of what to buy first and also confirm I still love all of those scents enough to even purchase them in full size, or see if a decant would do.

For some reason my blind buy trigger finger is scratching something fierce lately. Everytime I tell myself I'm done doing that something catches my attention and makes me think I need it and this one will PROBABLY be a love, it's not going to hurt me like all the other blind buy failures. The current offender: Kerosene Unknown Pleasures. Is it a worthy purchase? I'll probably be able to update here in a few months time with the answer to that :tongue:

Sylviah

Jun 3, 2020
I bought Shem-el-Nessim. I discovered a love for L’Heure Bleue Pdt, but don’t want to go trough my bottle too quickly. Shem-el-Nessim gives me a similar feeling.

I also bought Fille en Aiguilles. I found an reasonably priced older style bottle and decided to go for it since I have been waiting to try it for a long time.

FiveoaksBouquet

Scented.
Basenotes Plus
Jul 16, 2004
Phantom by Paco Rabanne 100ml EDT

o.KS5mQeFM3My.jpg
Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Edit Post Reply Reply With Quote Blog this Post

Seeing this post had me jump to order Phantom as the (hopefully) perfect gift for a dear friend. It should be right up his alley with the tech design and lavender note.

Thank you, hednic, for the idea and enjoy your new Phantom!

N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer

Semi-Retirement
Basenotes Plus
Jul 1, 2011
I bought Shem-el-Nessim. I discovered a love for L’Heure Bleue Pdt, but don’t want to go trough my bottle too quickly. Shem-el-Nessim gives me a similar feeling.

I also bought Fille en Aiguilles. I found an reasonably priced older style bottle and decided to go for it since I have been waiting to try it for a long time.

Fille en Aiguilles is a great choice from SL. Have you tried some of the other scents from the collection?

hednic

Oct 25, 2007
Seeing this post had me jump to order Phantom as the (hopefully) perfect gift for a dear friend. It should be right up his alley with the tech design and lavender note.

Thank you, hednic, for the idea and enjoy your new Phantom!
Thank you. Hoe your friend enjoys it as much as I do. :smiley:

N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer

Semi-Retirement
Basenotes Plus
Jul 1, 2011

Latest News