Tobacco Scents

Sep 25, 2020
Hello and Happy New Years to everyone:) I will make this short and simple however I hope to get a nice thread going. I really love tobacco scents as tobacco is my favorite note in fragrances alongside vanilla. One of my favorite, if not my favorite fragrance, is Jazz Club by Maison Margiela Replica. For those of who that have smelled this fragrance, I think you can gauge the scent profile I dig. What other fragrances can you guys recommend that smell similar(however not exactly like it as I want to explore a bit more.)I would like some more tobacco suggestions however it doesn't have to be tobacco infused:) Just a sweet, masculine, cozy, rich, luxurious and warm fragrance that has that seducing and sex appeal that Jazz Club and Tobacco Vanille has. The price doesn't really matter to me as long as it has the profile I would love and is not toooo far over the top expensive. If it helps in any way, I am 20 years old.
And on top of that, how do I transition this type of scent profile into the spring and summer? What notes give off the same vibe as Tobacco and Tonka Bean but more appropriate for the warmer weather? I live in Central Florida so the spring and summer is warmer here but I am honestly not too much of a fan of very fresh and floral scent.
Thank you all so much and I hope you guys have a great New Years:)

Brooks Otterlake

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Feb 12, 2019
Welcome!

I think your best option (considering both price and quality) is Lalique Noir Premier Or Intemporel 1888.

This one isn't discussed too much, but it's one of the nicest sweet tobacco fragrances out there (to my nose, it's made with the same care and quality as a high-end Guerlain), and it seems like a safe bet given the fragrances you enjoy.

You get a lovely smoky tobacco and vanilla with shimmering immortelle and flickers of roasted coffee.

broguesforsir

Aug 19, 2012
Happy New Year!

A couple I enjoy:
Tom Ford Noir Extreme
Guerlain L’Homme Ideal edp

You could also try Guerlain L’Homme Ideal Extreme (which actually includes tobacco), though I have not tried that so am unable to comment on it, sorry.

Sep 25, 2020
Welcome!

I think your best option (considering both price and quality) is Lalique Noir Premier Or Intemporel 1888.

This one isn't discussed too much, but it's one of the nicest sweet tobacco fragrances out there (to my nose, it's made with the same care and quality as a high-end Guerlain), and it seems like a safe bet given the fragrances you enjoy.

You get a lovely smoky tobacco and vanilla with shimmering immortelle and flickers of roasted coffee.
Thank you for the suggestion! I will definitely check it out. Having nice lowkey fragrances is always a plus:)

broguesforsir

Aug 19, 2012
There’s no tonka or vanilla in this, and the tobacco is restrained and in the base, but for a transition to spring and summer, Molton Brown’s Tobacco Absolute could work. It has a cosy warmth from nutmeg and the woods but it isn’t a heavy fragrance - there’s a lightness to it which makes it quite versatile.

broguesforsir

Aug 19, 2012
Climate relevant Tobacco?

Guerlain Vetiver.

It was designed for the Mexican market.

Something with that kind of vibe, but not actually with tobacco and suitable for Florida would be Tom Ford for Men.
When I owned TF for Men years ago I actually got a tobacco note from it. It’s a good recommendation for transitioning into spring and summer, for sure.

TR10

Nov 17, 2012
I Profumi di Firenze Tabacco
-less vanilla; more soft florals (Iris; Geranium)

Polo Purple Label for a clean tobacco flower suitable for warm weather

Andy the frenchy

Sep 16, 2018
Welcome!

This.

And also:
Tiziana Terenzi - Chimaera
Rogue - Derviche
Pierre Guillaume - Coze' 02
Divine - L'Homme Sage
Jovoy - Pavillon Rouge
L'Occitane - Eau des Baux
Zegna - Passion (no tobacco in that one, but cozy)

Sep 8, 2020
Also adding Eau des Baux, Mystique Homme EDP by Al Haramain, Bogart PH . . .
Bogart Pour Homme evokes pleasant memories of the pipe tobacco I smoked before I gave up the habit. Also, the deep dry down somehow reminds me of my favorite fly fishing ranch - can't imagine how this happens but it does. I adore this juice.

Profcool

Jun 14, 2015
375x500.20559.jpg

slpfrsly

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Apr 1, 2019
Aramis Tobacco Reserve is worth trying if you like tonka and tobacco but it might be a bit mature for a 20 year old.

I would recommend Creed's Tabarome as it's a lighter scent than most tobaccos. It's lightly spicy and gives a nice impression of tobacco. It will be different to what you've tried so far, though, as it doesn't have tonka.

Tobacco Vanille is still the best sweet tobacco in my opinion. If you want something cheaper there are other options, but there's a reason why so many companies have copied the basic strucutre of TV. No-one has made a scent that is markedly, or even marginally in my opinion, better than Tom Ford so if you can afford it I'd just stick with TV.

You might want to try Herod by Parfums de Marly as it focuses on the fruity aspects of a tobacco accord.

If you can find it, I would also recommend Michael by Michael Kors. It is something unique in the tobacco department and nothing smells quite like it. It is sweet in the drydown but you could definitely wear it in the summer as well. Again, you might feel it's a little mature for a 20 year old but then again, you might not. It is discontinued, however, but can be found fairly easily on ebay (depending on where you live).

Dane77

Jun 30, 2011
I second Profcool's excellent suggestion of Roja Dove's Enigma PH, an amazing tobacco-vanilla-cognac combo. You might also want to check out Guerlain's Tonka Impériale for a wonderful mix of tobacco with tonka bean and almond.

naylor

Oct 24, 2011
I second Profcool's excellent suggestion of Roja Dove's Enigma PH, an amazing tobacco-vanilla-cognac combo. You might also want to check out Guerlain's Tonka Impériale for a wonderful mix of tobacco with tonka bean and almond.
Fantastic scents right here. Not many people tend to mention the tobacco in Tonka Imperiale, but it's there. And the tonka/coumarin gives off a bit of a hay-like accord. Definitely love that one in the dying days of autumn.

Latest News