Thoughts on Shalimar Philtre de Parfum

donna255

Basenotes Institution
Jul 16, 2004
This was my latest purchase, actually bought from TKMaxx in the UK for £39.99.

I did go and read reviews before deciding to go for it and thought okay for that price I will buy.

The opening I get more lavender, I love lavender, so I was happy. Then it became powdery, not baby powder, or overly powdery. The final dry down is more traditional Shalimar with a hint of powder. It is richer that the traditional edt version, but it is Shalimar, If you know you love Shalimar and get it at a good price then certainly I would buy it.

Schubertian

Basenotes Junkie
Apr 8, 2021
I hated it. It adds a "solar" note - something that reads as fresh. Shalimar and "fresh" don't mix in my head.
Maybe that's why I did not like it. I couldn't recognise any "solar" note but I've come to the conclusion that I dislike them when I encounter them in perfumes, whatever they actually are. To me Philtre was too much citrus-vanilla and too bright. I like Shalimar with depth. Eventually, I sold my bottle of Philtre.

Latest News

Whatever your taste in perfume, we've got you covered...

catalogue your collection, keep track of your perfume wish-list, log your daily fragrance wears, review your latest finds, seek out long-lost scented loves, keep track of the latest perfume news, find your new favourite fragrance, and discuss perfume with like-minded people from all over the world...