Theseus by Lorenzo Villoresi (2011)

odysseusm

Jan 12, 2007
This scent bears the name of the legendary hero of ancient Greece: Theseus. Let's go to the heart of the scent labyrinth and see what is revealed.
Starts with some plummy bergamot. Warm spices appear and take center stage. Hints of resin at the edges. The dry down settles into a light woody musk with a somewhat fresh, airy quality. With some concentration I can tell that this is partly due to grassy vetiver.
This is a nice scent, though I feel it could be more interesting since there are agarwood and precious wood (oud) notes listed. I don't really get them. Also, I don't get much in the way of green or herbal notes.
Top Notes: Citrus, Green notes, Black pepper, Bergamot, Clary sage, Nutmeg
Heart Notes: Iris, Jasmine, Precious woods, Patchouli, Vetiver, Cistus
Base notes: Leather, Vetiver, Patchouli, Agarwood, Tonka, Amber, Musk

Andy the frenchy

Sep 16, 2018
A beautiful scent for sure.
I don't get the woody notes either. In my book, it's a vetiver-centric scent with citrus and spicy aromatics support, giving an overall impression of celery (sharing similarities with Eau de Celeri by Monsillage).

I love it!

odysseusm

Jan 12, 2007
I agree that it is beautiful. My appreciation for it is growing as the dry down progresses. The vetiver is excellent, and the scent overall has a charming, hard-to-define old school vibe. That may be due to the gentle spices.

Andy the frenchy

Sep 16, 2018
I agree that it is beautiful. My appreciation for it is growing as the dry down progresses. The vetiver is excellent, and the scent overall has a charming, hard-to-define old school vibe. That may be due to the gentle spices.

I agree with all what you say, and me too, although I love it in its entirety, I slightly prefer the drydown to the opening, when the aromatics mellow out a bit.

Latest News