The Unstoppable Success of Aramis Havana

Brooks Otterlake

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Feb 12, 2019
I've wanted to try it for a long time now, but haven't had the chance. Sounds like it's not going to be getting any easier!
If you want a bottle of Havana, now is the time to snag it. Prices for Havana are still relatively cheap now, but are steadily climbing now that the Gentleman's Collection has been discontinued.

I don't usually go in for backups but this is my favorite fragrance, so I do have a few extra bottles of Havana in storage.

Emanuel76

Jun 16, 2018
If you want a bottle of Havana, now is the time to snag it. Prices for Havana are still relatively cheap now, but are steadily climbing now that the Gentleman's Collection has been discontinued.

I don't usually go in for backups but this is my favorite fragrance, so I do have a few extra bottles of Havana in storage.
It totally disappeared from the market here.
It could be found everywhere.

ScentSensei

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Aug 21, 2020
So nice to see so many of my favorite BNers waxing positive over Havana! The very first scent I ordered a back up bottle of (2nd being New West).
Havana is not currently listed on the Estee Lauder website, only Aramis itself is. That may mean it is/has entered another discontinuation phase. Having read through the reviews it's interesting to see how it fared through the last discontinuation while availability switched to E_bay and prices went sky high. As of this post Havana is readily available through discounters around $25. Vintage on E_bay runs around $175-200+.

Bottom line...now is the time to stock up on Havana! I don't think I'll order a 3rd bottle but it is tempting.

Brooks Otterlake

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Feb 12, 2019
Havana is not currently listed on the Estee Lauder website, only Aramis itself is.
Estee Lauder announced that they're restructuring and Aramis is no longer functioning as an independent brand, though the original fragrance will continue to be produced by another division.

This explains why supply of the entire Aramis lineup has been slowly drying up.

Foamywax

May 2, 2013
I tried to buy a backup bottle the other day but it's definitely discontinued. I paid like 18 dollars for my 2015 bottle. Too late now and I didn't see it being discontinued all of a sudden. I wore it yesterday -4 sprays and it really is fantastic but you would expect more than 4-5 hours from such a strong smelling fragrance. One of the best dry downs I've ever encountered.

Jan 31, 2013
Speculation that Estēe Lauder Companies was divesting or discontinuing the Aramis line spurred me to action. Since I have learned ELC is continuing the Aramis line, they are merely reorganizing the business. A good description of what is happening is here: https://retailbeauty.com.au/estee-lauder-to-phase-out-aramis-designer-fragrances-division/

In addition, ELC's customer service tells me "...our Aramis brand (which includes the colognes: Devin, Aramis & Havana) will continue to be managed and operated as part of the ELC portfolio. Please be assured you will still be able to purchase these products at any of our authorized retailers..."

Jan 31, 2013
Interesting, but I still think they're just running out old stock.

Most retailers that were carrying Havana, Devin, etc. no longer have them. Maybe there's just a lull in production but stock has been running out for a while.
(Please, believe me, I'm trying not to be argumentative 🤠) - I ordered original Aramis from the military exchange and have noted a good supply during in-store visits. They appear to have good availability of my other two favorites from the Aramis line (Devin and Havana) and I plan to get those soon "just in case." The customer service rep included these links in her reply:

Walmart
Aramis HAVANA Eau De Toilette Spray for Men 3.4 oz
Aramis Devin Country Eau De Cologne, 3.4 Oz

Dillards
Aramis Limited-Edition Devin Country Eau de Cologne Spray

Brooks Otterlake

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Feb 12, 2019
(Please, believe me, I'm trying not to be argumentative 🤠) - I ordered original Aramis from the military exchange and have noted a good supply during in-store visits. They appear to have good availability of my other two favorites from the Aramis line (Devin and Havana) and I plan to get those soon "just in case." The customer service rep included these links in her reply:

Walmart
Aramis HAVANA Eau De Toilette Spray for Men 3.4 oz
Aramis Devin Country Eau De Cologne, 3.4 Oz

Dillards
Aramis Limited-Edition Devin Country Eau de Cologne Spray
It's worth noting that the Walmart links are not to "official" sellers but to third parties distributing through the Walmart site.

Folks can draw their own conclusions. I don't think the original Aramis is (or will be) discontinued. Just the Gentleman's Collection. Supply has been dwindling for a long time.

We do know more definitively that the Aramis Calligraphy series, Modern Leather, Tobacco Reserve, and Special Blend were all axed.

bigsteve

Oct 13, 2012
Based on all the reviews I read, both here and on another frag site, I was surprised that when I finally got a sample of this, that it really didn't rock my socks. About the same time, I got some Versace l'Homme, and remain very enthused about that one.

Jan 31, 2013
It's worth noting that the Walmart links are not to "official" sellers but to third parties distributing through the Walmart site.

Folks can draw their own conclusions. I don't think the original Aramis is (or will be) discontinued. Just the Gentleman's Collection. Supply has been dwindling for a long time.

We do know more definitively that the Aramis Calligraphy series, Modern Leather, Tobacco Reserve, and Special Blend were all axed.
I ordered a bottle of Aramis Havana from Fragrancenet.com today. It was with some apprehension but comments on here and other sites say they're legitimate and sell authentic product (although sometimes it's from liquidation sales, etc.). The price was better than any other seller that actually had it in stock, and they didn't take me to the cleaners on shipping to make up for it.

While I was at it, I saw Aramis Devin at unbelievably low prices on some other (not fragrancenet.com) sites - unbelievably low compared to the military exchange and other department stores. Some reviews on those sites say it's counterfeit product, smells off, and so on.

Latest News