The official Ralph Lauren Polo Green thread

Danny Mitchell

Mar 21, 2019
Yup agree plus I love the tall sprayer appearance nice quality gold metal not the cheap looking gold one on the stubby one. I’ve tried a 238ml bottle 2011 or 2012 and it was too ashy also a pain in the ass to hold and spray lol looked badass though so big!

I'd love to get an 8 oz. bottle from that time period. I have an 8 oz. bottle but it's the latest, short sprayer version. Do they make anything larger than an 8 oz??

DEMON

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Feb 8, 2010
Would love it if your message were to have an impact. Your efforts are greatly appreciated!

I fear they will deny reformulation, or blame IFRA restrictions.

For me, the two greatest losses in the industry are the abysmal reformulation of Polo and the complete discontinuation of the original Calvin.

Hugh V.

Dec 9, 2016
I've chucked classics that don't quite fit me like Aramis and Fahrenheit, but this thread getting upped from time to time remind me of why I kept my 2015 bottle of Polo. That dirty-pleasant smell of pine needles and cigarette is iconic. I only wish there was a fresh version of this type of scent. Polo Cologne Intense Parfum is nice, but doesn't dry down into anything resembling a pine-type of scent.

RCavs

Sep 13, 2004
This is the gentleman who is now head of Ralph Lauren Fragrances. I implored him to bring back the Polo Green Original Formula(1978) on Twitter. You can contact him via the Twitter search for: Alexandre Choueiri. Not a mispelling. Let's get our Polo Green back!
I read somewhere, maybe Fragrantica , an interview with Carlos Benaim, in which he claims Polo's formula was too complex and They needed to simplify it. So, It's not just a matter of IFRA restrictions...

perfumingandstuff

Mar 14, 2021
What exactly are people referring to when they say "Polo Green"?
I once posted a less than favourable comment here (I think) saying that I was not a fan. But today I smelled something called "Polo Green" - it comes with a greyish metal cap - and I loved it. It opens open with a fairly sharp orange peel scent - like, when you squeeze an orange peel and it's something that I'd absolutely buy.

The other "Polo Green" that I'm not a fan of, comes in a green bottle and is very soapy. I think it's just called Polo.

Is it the former that people mean by Polo Green or the latter? 🤔

Danny Mitchell

Mar 21, 2019
What exactly are people referring to when they say "Polo Green"?
I once posted a less than favourable comment here (I think) saying that I was not a fan. But today I smelled something called "Polo Green" - it comes with a greyish metal cap - and I loved it. It opens open with a fairly sharp orange peel scent - like, when you squeeze an orange peel and it's something that I'd absolutely buy.

The other "Polo Green" that I'm not a fan of, comes in a green bottle and is very soapy. I think it's just called Polo.

Is it the former that people mean by Polo Green or the latter? 🤔
You may have smelled the new Polo Cologne Intense.
I'm a little confused with calling the OG Polo soapy, though. It is anything but, IMO. It does have a distinctive, old school smell that can understandably be off-putting, as it was to me in my younger days.

perfumingandstuff

Mar 14, 2021
You may have smelled the new Polo Cologne Intense.
I'm a little confused with calling the OG Polo soapy, though. It is anything but, IMO. It does have a distinctive, old school smell that can understandably be off-putting, as it was to me in my younger days.
Maybe it's just my nose 😅

But yes, I probably mean Polo Cologne Intense - Google search confirmed...

DEMON

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Feb 8, 2010
I've chucked classics that don't quite fit me like Aramis and Fahrenheit, but this thread getting upped from time to time remind me of why I kept my 2015 bottle of Polo. That dirty-pleasant smell of pine needles and cigarette is iconic. I only wish there was a fresh version of this type of scent. Polo Cologne Intense Parfum is nice, but doesn't dry down into anything resembling a pine-type of scent.
The original Warner version is incredibly bright. The past decade or so, the reformation has turned it into something completely different. I'm pretty sure you'd find what you're desiring there.

Latest News