The official Ralph Lauren Polo Green thread

yourthemannowdog

Jan 22, 2021
Do I have this right?

-The Luxury Products tall-sprayer bottles are pretty solid overall, but somewhere in the 2010s batches get a little wonky. Is that the plastic/rubber note I get at the heart of my 2015 bottle?

-Neither vintage nor the current stubby sprayers have the sharp opening of the tall sprayer reform. The vintage top notes either burnt out or died of old age. The current stubby sprayer just skips the introduction and goes straight to the heart.

And what does the lack of treemoss mean for the stubby sprayer version?
all the Luxury Products tall-sprayer bottles that ive had all where about the same .. i had a bunch of different year batches and notice very lil change unless you go to the Luxury Products 5 digit batches they smell more green and not as harsh

jkonick

Feb 16, 2019
Make what you will of this, but last night my sister brought over her 11 week old puppy, and I was making them both smell some new fragrances. I tried out vintage and current Polo; the puppy started jumping around and barking at the bottle when we let it smell the vintage. No reaction whatsoever from the current. I think the winner is clear!

Last edited:

speckmann0706

Mar 8, 2017
Make what you will of this, but last night my sister brought over her 11 month old puppy, and I was making them both smell some new fragrances. I tried out vintage and current Polo; the puppy started jumping around and barking at the bottle when we let it smell the vintage. No reaction whatsoever from the current. I think the winner is clear!

Lol funny!

jkonick

Feb 16, 2019
My Australian Shephard always smells my fragrances. My Golden Retriever couldn't care less. But my Aussie is always sniffing fragrances and also when I get out of the shower.

Hah that’s funny. I always like seeing how animals react to fragrances.

Oh and there was a typo, it’s an 11 WEEK old puppy. But I’ll be sure to check back in a year ;)

Hugh V.

Dec 9, 2016
Maybe they were instructed to put their OG Polo supply away to sway people into checking out the new Polo Cologne Intense or some other kind of temporary shenanigans.

I remember back in the day, when CDs were still a thing, a current artist would always have their last album fully stocked at places like Circuit City. Then when their new album came out, which just so happened to be crappy, only that one was fully in stock. It was like that at several big chain music outlets.

The Cologne Cabinet

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Jul 22, 2014
Maybe they were instructed to put their OG Polo supply away to sway people into checking out the new Polo Cologne Intense or some other kind of temporary shenanigans.

A possibility, but in the end money talks. If Polo Green isn’t selling then that shelf space goes to what is. It makes sense as Granddaddy Green doesn’t fit any current trends at all. We like to revel in our vintage memories here on BaseNotes while Macy’s needs to move product today or go out of business tomorrow.

Hugh V.

Dec 9, 2016
A possibility, but in the end money talks. If Polo Green isn’t selling then that shelf space goes to what is. It makes sense as Granddaddy Green doesn’t fit any current trends at all. We like to revel in our vintage memories here on BaseNotes while Macy’s needs to move product today or go out of business tomorrow.

If that's the case should we expect a flood of Polo's at the discounters? I'd rejoice at the thought but they'd probably be the stubby sprayers.

speckmann0706

Mar 8, 2017
I have a comfy stash so I’m not too worried about discontinuation but will regularly add to the reserve as I feel the need. I plan to be wearing the tall fire hose sprayer version far into the future as a old man!

TRBeck

May 27, 2008
I need to buy a new bottle and am after the tall sprayer. What's the trick to determining tall vs stubby sprayer in online photos with cap? I can find testers without cap that have the tall sprayer, and I'll buy one if I need to, but I'd prefer to get one with cap.

RCavs

Sep 13, 2004
I need to buy a new bottle and am after the tall sprayer. What's the trick to determining tall vs stubby sprayer in online photos with cap? I can find testers without cap that have the tall sprayer, and I'll buy one if I need to, but I'd prefer to get one with cap.

Considering I can use the cap of a future empty bottle, I'd also like to know how to identify sprayer's difference!

Danny Mitchell

Mar 21, 2019

Just make sure the box says Cosmair or Luxury Products MADE IN THE USA. That will get you the tall sprayer.

Last edited:

speckmann0706

Mar 8, 2017

I have mostly all testers now with only one bottle with a cap, the USA bottles are drying up on eBay. The testers are just fine imo and the easiest to find and you can tell that it’s older stuff I still message the seller to confirm batch code information. 8oz USA bottles with taller sprayer are still quite available on eBay but their so damn big I opt for the 4oz bottles.

propofolboy

Jul 16, 2020
I just got a 59cc EDT bottle - says Cosmair and batch code 7A008.

Is this the good stuff? Smells good - piny top notes, and drydown ashy, earthy leather.

Danny Mitchell

Mar 21, 2019
I just bought an 8oz bottle from ebay but the juice is pretty weak. It's a luxury products bottle, NY NY address. The box has the Vendome place address on it but the batch numbers on the box and bottle match up. I'm wondering if it just needs time to open up a bit or if it's a fake. The ebay seller claims it was originally purchased from Amazon.

yourthemannowdog

Jan 22, 2021
I just bought an 8oz bottle from ebay but the juice is pretty weak. It's a luxury products bottle, NY NY address. The box has the Vendome place address on it but the batch numbers on the box and bottle match up. I'm wondering if it just needs time to open up a bit or if it's a fake. The ebay seller claims it was originally purchased from Amazon.
ive bought a fake 4oz polo green off ebay years ago it sucked you could easily tell it was a fake . one way is to test it spray like 8 times on your arm (same spot)and see how long it last

nosey74

Aug 30, 2014
Just added 3 more Cosmair Polo Greens to the family

Y4kZmte.jpg

DEMON

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Feb 8, 2010
I just got a 59cc EDT bottle - says Cosmair and batch code 7A008.

Is this the good stuff? Smells good - piny top notes, and drydown ashy, earthy leather.

Anything Cosmair that's been stored in halfway decent conditions is good.

That said, if you are lucky enough to score a Warner era bottle, you'll be blown away! It's a brighter opening: not nearly as much tar. The opening lasts a few hours for me, but the drydown of each is similar.

speckmann0706

Mar 8, 2017
Jury's Inn!
Tall sprayer over latest stubby.
Tall sprayer one seems to mellow out much quicker, stubby seems to have major ash and lower performance. Though I'm guessing a big 238ml takes longer to bloom up?

Yup agree plus I love the tall sprayer appearance nice quality gold metal not the cheap looking gold one on the stubby one. I’ve tried a 238ml bottle 2011 or 2012 and it was too ashy also a pain in the ass to hold and spray lol looked badass though so big!

Latest News