The official Jeremy Fragrance fragrance thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheShadow

Jun 6, 2014
That is a gross generalization. The vast majority of content on Basenotes is about what fragrances smell like. But if someone is a video reviewer then they are putting themselves out to be judged by their presentation. Very, very few perfumers who actually make the perfumes (which Jeremy does not, he just gave a brief to a perfumer...he is a marketer and influencer) are criticized for the way they appear on video. Because in fact, most are behind the scenes. But if you are a public personality who gains income from video views and makes money from your "personal brand" then the audience is 100% valid in critiquing the persona presented to the general public. It's no different than reviewing a movie or TV show.

Some of your points here are valid, however the movie review analogy misses the mark. Said review would be something like " Well, the movie is Academy award quality, in some viewers opinions possibly the greatest movie ever made. But that's not important here, I don't like the movie because the title was misleading, the lead actor was paid too much, the advertising and trailers were disappointing, the Directors politics are suspect, the screen writer is a douche, blah blah blah...."

TheShadow

Jun 6, 2014
I clearly wasn't talking about basenotes. It was in regards to people gushing and loving the stuff and never even tried it.

I've seen a lot of people saying they hate it without ever trying it, yet have seen no one saying they love it without trying it.

Juxtapozbliss

Author, Artist & Creative Director
Basenotes Plus
Nov 3, 2016
Some of your points here are valid, however the movie review analogy misses the mark. Said review would be something like " Well, the movie is Academy award quality, in some viewers opinions possibly the greatest movie ever made. But that's not important here, I don't like the movie because the title was misleading, the lead actor was paid too much, the advertising and trailers were disappointing, the Directors politics are suspect, the screen writer is a douche, blah blah blah...."

I hear you but disagree... It's like saying, I don't like the performances in that movie. I found the acting fake and unconvincing. Just like I don't like the video performance of this YouTube personality.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Aug 5, 2019
Hey now, I know for a fact that cameron has atleast two bottles of Office For Men.

Uh huh, you must believe in the tooth fairy as well.

That is why I saw Cameron on one of Jeremy's live streams in Miami saying who he was on BN and asking people in the chat if they would send him samples LMAO. That's how I know he is a fibber. Plus, I mean, come on, it's Cameron, he lives to troll people.

I've seen a lot of people saying they hate it without ever trying it, yet have seen no one saying they love it without trying it.

Wrong, Cameron loves it an hasn't tried it.

seekritdude

Jun 17, 2012
Well my first impression of it is... At first spray I did think immediately wait a second did I get sent some aventus/sauvage sorta clone? The association to that is not quite as strong as it dries down, and I get sorta yellow star burst with maybe a spec of fruityness cleaning agent sorta smell coming through. Speaking of the cleaning agent sorta comment ive described sauvage smelling clean in a way but smelling like it is cleaning up a bit of stank, or trying to clean up a bit of sex behind it. This smells like its cleaning up instead of stank or sex a bit of sourness to it.

Maybe a way to describe it might be.. imagine youre at the office you have a masculine yellow boss starburst, it brings in cute orange star burst, it closes the door has sex with orange starburst. She leaves, and then to clean up he sprays on sauvage and aventus since he keeps both at the ready at all time.

This also smells pretty scratchy to me as well which I dont really like in fragrances.

Anyway just a first impression ill try it for the rest of the week but dont really care for it off hand

Danny Mitchell

Mar 21, 2019
Well my first impression of it is... At first spray I did think immediately wait a second did I get sent some aventus/sauvage sorta clone? The association to that is not quite as strong as it dries down, and I get sorta yellow star burst with maybe a spec of fruityness cleaning agent sorta smell coming through. Speaking of the cleaning agent sorta comment ive described sauvage smelling clean in a way but smelling like it is cleaning up a bit of stank, or trying to clean up a bit of sex behind it. This smells like its cleaning up instead of stank or sex a bit of sourness to it.

Maybe a way to describe it might be.. imagine youre at the office you have a masculine yellow boss starburst, it brings in cute orange star burst, it closes the door has sex with orange starburst. She leaves, and then to clean up he sprays on sauvage and aventus since he keeps both at the ready at all time.

This also smells pretty scratchy to me as well which I dont really like in fragrances.

Anyway just a first impression ill try it for the rest of the week but dont really care for it off hand

Scratchy Sex with Starburst? lol
Interesting review.
Can you explain scratchy as you see it? Like not well blended? Alcohol hits you pretty hard?

seekritdude

Jun 17, 2012
no no not a alcohol just that sorta what I personally think of as a cheap sorta scratchy woody musk smell that a lot of fragrances have. I don't mean to say cheap in that sense in a bad way since ive said many times in that sense I do not think say I dunno profumo roma or maybe even montales automatically smell expensive per say. But they still smell good to me. But this smells cheap in what I think a negative way if that makes sense? At least in that perspective.

Anyway I mean overall it doesnt smell awful, but as someone who doesnt care about sauvage generally in the first place and I already own aventus which even thenI rarely wear that ever. I see no point in this myself.

Again ill try it for the rest of the week since I mean I got a sample of it so may as well but this isnt something I personally would wear

LiveJazz

Funky fresh
Basenotes Plus
Mar 16, 2006
...imagine youre at the office you have a masculine yellow boss starburst, it brings in cute orange star burst, it closes the door has sex with orange starburst. She leaves, and then to clean up he sprays on sauvage and aventus since he keeps both at the ready at all time.

giphy.gif

FragFrog

Oct 6, 2018
Have you guys already seen Jeremy's latest video?

Top 10 Reasons Fragrance One is Crushing every other Brand > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pbHFhM52MvY

Judging by the amount of dislikes he probably went a little bit too far this time.
It has never been a good idea to bash the competitors to make your own product look better.

dougczar

Mar 3, 2012

Top 10 Reasons Fragrance One is Crushing every other Brand > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pbHFhM52MvY

Judging by the amount of dislikes he probably went a little bit too far this time.
It has never been a good idea to bash the competitors to make your own product look better.

Wow. What a jackass.

Spoiler alert: Calls his video Top 10 Reasons, but only gives 5 "reasons"

Danny Mitchell

Mar 21, 2019
no no not a alcohol just that sorta what I personally think of as a cheap sorta scratchy woody musk smell that a lot of fragrances have. I don't mean to say cheap in that sense in a bad way since ive said many times in that sense I do not think say I dunno profumo roma or maybe even montales automatically smell expensive per say. But they still smell good to me. But this smells cheap in what I think a negative way if that makes sense? At least in that perspective.

Anyway I mean overall it doesnt smell awful, but as someone who doesnt care about sauvage generally in the first place and I already own aventus which even thenI rarely wear that ever. I see no point in this myself.

Again ill try it for the rest of the week since I mean I got a sample of it so may as well but this isnt something I personally would wear

Yeah, I get what you mean with the scratchy reference now. I feel that way sometimes with Sauvage EDT.

cameron

Oct 17, 2011
Those black office bottles look so sexy. Can’t wait to get my hands on that. Jeremy says the DNA has been refined from batches 1 and 2 and this one is even better. So excited to try it soon.

I will get the candles. Will probably buy the women’s scent for my lady.

Excited about Date also. I trust Jeremy he knows scents and his opinion and view carries a lot of weight. Plus he had evaluators who re-work the dna to make sure it is the best scent possible, has longevity, and crushes the other scents on the market.

Schnitter

Aug 11, 2014
Oh, I had forgotten I unsubscribed from him. Gonna go have some laughs now that this thread reminded me of his channel.

FragFrog

Oct 6, 2018
Those black office bottles look so sexy. Can’t wait to get my hands on that. Jeremy says the DNA has been refined from batches 1 and 2 and this one is even better. So excited to try it soon.

Excited about Date also. I trust Jeremy he knows scents and his opinion and view carries a lot of weight. Plus he had evaluators who re-work the dna to make sure it is the best scent possible, has longevity, and crushes the other scents on the market.

Are you serious, sir? :laugh:

And afaik he said, the juice won't be changed? So is batch 3 reformulated?

cameron

Oct 17, 2011
Are you serious, sir? :laugh:

And afaik he said, the juice won't be changed? So is batch 3 reformulated?

I haven’t tried batch 3 yet but it sounds from the videos that he keeps refining the DNA to make it even more perfect. Jeremy has his own sense of taste and knowledge (no 1 reason office crushes the rest) plus he has evaluators all over the world working for him. This is why I want to try batch 3 especially with the black bottle (looks so badarse). Date with 30% Oud can’t wait to wear this DNA on my skin.

FragFrog

Oct 6, 2018
I haven’t tried batch 3 yet but it sounds from the videos that he keeps refining the DNA to make it even more perfect. Jeremy has his own sense of taste and knowledge (no 1 reason office crushes the rest) plus he has evaluators all over the world working for him. This is why I want to try batch 3 especially with the black bottle (looks so badarse). Date with 30% Oud can’t wait to wear this DNA on my skin.

I'll get a decant of Date for Men, too - but won't preorder it this time.
But I'm curious to try it. I don't care if it's a Fragrance One scent or another company. If it's good it's good - simple as that.
And I don't think that he has changed the formula of Office for Men - that would mean that he admits that it wasn't that "perfect" before.

DeltaStubs.com

Jan 9, 2016
Jeremy is a big Mugler fan right, So I'm thinking, is his whole concept to try to copy the Mugler cologne lineup style, relating the scents to experiences -take me out, fly away, come together, love you all, run free. So he is doing the same thing, just in his way office, date, etc The precise German version. And of course the perfumer behind the regular Mugler Come Together is none other then, Alberto Morillas! His guy!

(This randomly hit me as I'm wearing Mugler Come Together right now...who knows..)
(*His recent video revisiting most complimented..the only one he went on about how much he liked it was Mugler come together too...)

oudaddict

Feb 2, 2017

You have to pity him at times, something is seriously not right, I pray that he is guided and changes his ways. This simply reiterates what everyone on this thread has been saying, yet his fanboys are blindly ignoring. The proof is in the pudding!

morrison74

Jan 14, 2010

Hilarious. Thanks for the laugh.

Last edited:

Danny Mitchell

Mar 21, 2019

Is there any way to substantiate how or if he could have evaluators all over the world working for him? Or do you just mean people like you who just pop up and talk about it and praise it? Where are you from, btw?

The_Cologneist

Feb 27, 2010

Where does he say that?

This is from his last video.. go to 1:30 where he says it's the same juice in all the bottles.

The_Cologneist

Feb 27, 2010
Easy there big fella.

I actually just ordered a 5 ml decant of his fragrance, so my review will be here soon.

Last edited by a moderator:

Democritus

Mar 7, 2017

Laugh out loud.
This thread seems to be approaching some kind of event horizon :smiley:

horizntt.jpg

iPaul

Mar 14, 2014
Easy there big fella.

I actually just ordered a 5 ml decant of his fragrance, so my review will be here soon.

You waste too much of your time hating a random dude that you don't even know.Do something more constructive with your time.Anyway, I'm done posting in here.Peace.

Danny Mitchell

Mar 21, 2019
Jeremy has a perfume and does he also have some big tech bot hub somewhere as well??

Anyway...… If big J man is spending his time now saying how his cologne is better than all the others, does that negate his previous reviews of praise for other fragrances?

Last edited by a moderator:

The_Cologneist

Feb 27, 2010
You waste too much of your time hating a random dude that you don't even know.Do something more constructive with your time.Anyway, I'm done posting in here.Peace.

Who said I hate him? I literally just ordered his fragrance. Did you even watch his video, or just assumed I hate him because of that chip on your shoulder?

cameron

Oct 17, 2011
Jeremy has a perfume and does he also have some big tech bot hub somewhere as well??

Anyway...… If big J man is spending his time now saying how his cologne is better than all the others, does that negate his previous reviews of praise for other fragrances?

Not at all he has grown as a nose and reviewer. CH men and la nuit had their day in 2014 reviews but it’s 2019 now and the longevity isn’t there. Times change. It’s now Jeremy’s time. Office has longevity. Jeremy has made evaluators and chemists mad when he demanded that the DNA lasts longer.

Jeremy knows fragrance is about loneliness. He is well aware of why people choose scents, what smells good, and demands that his team helps create the best scents that crush the competition.

Date is going to be amazing! I’m really excited to try the DNA

Danny Mitchell

Mar 21, 2019
Not at all he has grown as a nose and reviewer. CH men and la nuit had their day in 2014 reviews but it’s 2019 now and the longevity isn’t there. Times change. It’s now Jeremy’s time. Office has longevity. Jeremy has made evaluators and chemists mad when he demanded that the DNA lasts longer.

Jeremy knows fragrance is about loneliness. He is well aware of why people choose scents, what smells good, and demands that his team helps create the best scents that crush the competition.

Date is going to be amazing! I’m really excited to try the DNA

Is there any way to substantiate how or if he could have evaluators all over the world working for him? Or do you just mean people like you who just pop up and talk about it and praise it? Where are you from, btw?

The_Cologneist

Feb 27, 2010
I look forward to evaluating Office for men from my honest unbiased opinion. I keep hearing it's either so good or so bad, yet not one recent actual fragrance review. I plan to break down and dissect it, as well as compare it to other fragrances.

I will post my thoughts of it here soon, hopefully within the next week, as well as a full in depth review, in the review section of the fragrance, in the coming weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News