The Official Creed Green Irish Tweed thread!

N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer

Semi-Retirement
Basenotes Plus
Jul 1, 2011
View attachment 151377
Here is the picture that fragrance net is using.
All of their other pictures of flacons with other fragrances have the new updated clear flacons, so I'm wondering what's up.

A number of online sellers occasionally post old generic photos of flacons from years past. It's annoying for the customer as you want to see the actual item.

sunny5011

Jun 24, 2009
Pics? I don't think I've ever seen Green Irish Tweed in a green flacon. I love the look of the black bottle, but I never understood that design choice. GIT isn't a dark/black kind of scent. It's a handsome looking bottle though. My bottle is a 75ml clear bottle from 2013. The label is weird. It's almost fuzzy and looks like it's ancient, but that's kind of cool actually. And wow, the scent smells so good.

It definitely took me some time to understand the design choice for the black flacon. But the following picture some how does it for me. I think its a great choice for it. The bottle is actually a dark violet color, similar to the Violet leaf note so heavily present in GIT. Although GIT isn't dark, it can be mysterious depending on the environment. The Clovers in the back show the violet/greenness

582330297_w640_h640_creed-green-irish.jpg

Eduard Z

May 19, 2021
Hello dear participants. I recently became the owner of the legendary Creed Green Irish Tweed. I really want to be convinced of the authenticity of this fragrance. I was presented with a bottle without a cap and packaging. Maybe there are ways to determine the originality of my bottle. Batch code 2012 release! I would be very grateful for your help!
the bottle is slightly damaged

Attachments

• IMG_20210515_102758.jpg
    IMG_20210515_102758.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 144
  • IMG_20210515_102929.jpg
    IMG_20210515_102929.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 147
  • IMG_20210515_103133.jpg
    IMG_20210515_103133.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 148
  • IMG_20210515_102849.jpg
    IMG_20210515_102849.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 146
  • IMG_20210515_103001.jpg
    IMG_20210515_103001.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 148

N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer

Semi-Retirement
Basenotes Plus
Jul 1, 2011
Hello dear participants. I recently became the owner of the legendary Creed Green Irish Tweed. I really want to be convinced of the authenticity of this fragrance. I was presented with a bottle without a cap and packaging. Maybe there are ways to determine the originality of my bottle. Batch code 2012 release! I would be very grateful for your help!

Looks good to me. I used to own a few of these 75ml testers, the too didn't have caps but they have the brown cardboard boxes.

For me I'd be concerned getting a chipped bottle. Were you aware of it upon purchasing it?

hednic

Oct 25, 2007
You're fine.

sunny5011

Jun 24, 2009

Looks great. Thats a good batch, lots of iris in it if I recall correctly.
Enjoy!

24C and sunny where I am today, perfect day for GIT. Threw on 13T01 and its working hard today!

Eduard Z

May 19, 2021
Looks good to me. I used to own a few of these 75ml testers, the too didn't have caps but they have the brown cardboard boxes.

For me I'd be concerned getting a chipped bottle. Were you aware of it upon purchasing it?

Dear friends, thank you for your feedback. I got this bottle as a gift, apparently they damaged the bottle when it was transported for me. But this does not bother me because the smell is very persistent for 8-10 hours on the skin, and on clothes until the first wash. I can’t sort out the notes very much, but the smell sounds great. Sweet woody, green, lemon fresh, iris. Sounds soft, you want to sniff and study. After the first 10 sprays, it smells more attractive from the bottle. Store in a cool, dark place. The smell is truly legendary. In the beginning, you may not like it, but after some time, out of all the abundance of perfumes in the closet, hands again and again reach out to GIT, this is magic in a bottle :) it is truly beyond the time.

Jack Hunter

Jul 29, 2009
Does anyone know what the latest batches of GIT are like? Has it been reformulated for the worse like so many other scents in this day and age. As I'm thinking of picking a bottle up from the Creed Boutique.

I have a old 75ml tester bottle from 2010 which I got from Fragrance X back in the day. It had no box or cap but smelled really lush and beautiful. Unfortunately it soon went off in the top notes and now has this acrid musty cardboard smell in the opening. It ruined the fragrance for me and I just have not had the heart to throw in away.

N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer

Semi-Retirement
Basenotes Plus
Jul 1, 2011
Does anyone know what the latest batches of GIT are like? Has it been reformulated for the worse like so many other scents in this day and age. As I'm thinking of picking a bottle up from the Creed Boutique.

I have a old 75ml tester bottle from 2010 which I got from Fragrance X back in the day. It had no box or cap but smelled really lush and beautiful. Unfortunately it soon went off in the top notes and now has this acrid musty cardboard smell in the opening. It ruined the fragrance for me and I just have not had the heart to throw in away.
Personally I haven't had any issues on older bottles on Green Irish Tweed from the 2000s. They have much greater depth for scent compared to what is available now.
CREED GREEN IRISH TWEED VINTAGE 2007.jpg

Jack Hunter

Jul 29, 2009
I've just ordered a bottle, I always loved GIT the best out of purchasing numerous Creed fragrances over the years. But I never got to enjoy the scent again after my bottle from 2010 quickly went off. I'm not expecting to be like the old vintage scents but their was something magic about that deep lushness.

RedRaider430

You smell good! 😄
Basenotes Plus
Dec 18, 2011

Jack, it might in fact be ruined, but before giving up completely on it, make sure to spray it 15-20 times or so to clear out the uptake tube. I've had this happen with a couple of fragrances, but after getting the old/degraded juice completely out of the tube, it returns to normal. This problem is more common with decant atomizers, but I have had it happen with factory bottles as well.

Jack Hunter

Jul 29, 2009
Jack, it might in fact be ruined, but before giving up completely on it, make sure to spray it 15-20 times or so to clear out the uptake tube. I've had this happen with a couple of fragrances, but after getting the old/degraded juice completely out of the tube, it returns to normal. This problem is more common with decant atomizers, but I have had it happen with factory bottles as well.

Thanks for the handy tip I will remember that for future purchases. The thing with my old bottle was it was fine for the first three months and then it quickly went off. I have over the many years took it out of storage to see if I could bear the musty cardboard accord until the drydown. And I just could not, it was like throwing paint over the Mona Lisa and then trying to enjoy the vandalized art. I just could not do it,

Though today for the first time in over a decade I am expecting a brand new fresh bottle from the Creed Boutique. So I'm excited to experience this in all it's glory. I remember going shopping years ago and I sprayed my old bottle of GIT before it went off. The sillage was incredible and the scent deep and lush that I could hear people commenting what the beautiful smell was hanging in the shopping aisles.

rum

Basenotes Plus
Mar 17, 2011
Though today for the first time in over a decade I am expecting a brand new fresh bottle from the Creed Boutique. So I'm excited to experience this in all it's glory. I remember going shopping years ago and I sprayed my old bottle of GIT before it went off. The sillage was incredible and the scent deep and lush that I could hear people commenting what the beautiful smell was hanging in the shopping aisles.

I hate to be the party pooper, but if you are expecting a fresh bottle, as in a 2021 bottle, you are going to be disappointed. This is especially the case if you had old(er) bottles in the past. GIT has been watered down considerably from 2016 onwards.

Jack Hunter

Jul 29, 2009
Well I've received my GIT and have done a first few sprays. It's very nice but a lot lighter than my vintage bottle that was very thick/heavy and lush. It's almost like a cologne version of my vintage bottle before it went off. But I was expecting that anyway, still very nice indeed.:smiley:

Jack Hunter

Jul 29, 2009
My new bottle is from a 2019 batch and as it has bloomed more on my skin it still retains that lush quality I come to expect from Creed. And the projection and sillage is pretty decent too. I kidd you not if I got my old bottle of GIT from 2010 and just sprayed one spray in the air it would fill up a room and stay there for quite a while. This new one is more versatile and not as overwhelming as the vintage. All in all I'm very happy as this smells great!

sunny5011

Jun 24, 2009
My new bottle is from a 2019 batch and as it has bloomed more on my skin it still retains that lush quality I come to expect from Creed. And the projection and sillage is pretty decent too. I kidd you not if I got my old bottle of GIT from 2010 and just sprayed one spray in the air it would fill up a room and stay there for quite a while. This new one is more versatile and not as overwhelming as the vintage. All in all I'm very happy as this smells great!

Hi Jack, for your 2010 bottle try pulling off the small spray piece on the top of the bottle (not tube material) and soak the small sprayer in a dishwasher/hot water solution for 5 minutes and then rinse and quickly spray to dislodge any remaining oils. That should save the bottle

Jack Hunter

Jul 29, 2009
Hi Jack, for your 2010 bottle try pulling off the small spray piece on the top of the bottle (not tube material) and soak the small sprayer in a dishwasher/hot water solution for 5 minutes and then rinse and quickly spray to dislodge any remaining oils. That should save the bottle

I'm going to give it a go, it's soaking as we speak. I doubt it's going change the smell as I'm thinking it's the top notes that have gone off. Smells like the opening grassy notes are the culprit. I mean if it did solve it I think I would be blown away as I have had that bottle of GIT in a box for just over ten years. And to think a simple cleaning job would have solved it. Well all fool me.lol

Jack Hunter

Jul 29, 2009
Oh my God it has actually worked. After taking off the cap and cleaning it and then leaving it in hot soapy water, that acrid musty cardboard aroma has now turned back into that grassy opening. I can't believe it, ten years I thought it had just gone off as it was a t 75ml tester bottle with no cap or box. Well I now have a vintage bottle I can use as well as a new one. Thanks RedRaider430 and sunny5011.

sunny5011

Jun 24, 2009
Oh my God it has actually worked. After taking off the cap and cleaning it and then leaving it in hot soapy water, that acrid musty cardboard aroma has now turned back into that grassy opening. I can't believe it, ten years I thought it had just gone off as it was a t 75ml tester bottle with no cap or box. Well I now have a vintage bottle I can use as well as a new one. Thanks RedRaider430 and sunny5011.

Glad it worked for you. It works wonders for me.
Try it on all of your old bottles that are going bad as well

Jack Hunter

Jul 29, 2009
Glad it worked for you. It works wonders for me.
Try it on all of your old bottles that are going bad as well

I've been comparing the new and old vintage and the top notes are more fresh and nuanced in the new bottle as you would expect. I can detect the peppermint more in the new 2019 bottle. The old vintage has more of that grassy iris and lemon verbana in the top notes that last longer, and is very rich and deep. I mean they basically smell the same but with the intensity dialled way down in the reformulation. Both are great, the new one though is more going to be more versatile.

I'm glad I did not throw that old vintage bottle away in the trash, I nearly did. I think I just for sentimental reasons decided to keep it.

Mr G

Feb 29, 2012

That old overpowering GIT is where it's at :laugh:

sunny5011

Jun 24, 2009
Just for the sake of general interest my batch number on the old vintage is A3208E02.

I had a 2006 that had a similar top note problem, the cleaning method made it brand new. These pre-2010 bottles had some incredible rich quality that I've never smelt in a perfume before. Its as if they used real ambergris back then!

Jack Hunter

Jul 29, 2009
I had a 2006 that had a similar top note problem, the cleaning method made it brand new. These pre-2010 bottles had some incredible rich quality that I've never smelt in a perfume before. Its as if they used real ambergris back then!

I know exactly what you mean, I know I keep saying it but it has that deep rich lushness too it that the new bottle does not have. The sillage is amazing, it hangs in the air in whatever room you have been in. One thing though is the peppermint in the new one is very nice but I don't smell it in the old vintage one. Could be that the top notes have naturally degraded over time.

sunny5011

Jun 24, 2009
I know exactly what you mean, I know I keep saying it but it has that deep rich lushness too it that the new bottle does not have. The sillage is amazing, it hangs in the air in whatever room you have been in. One thing though is the peppermint in the new one is very nice but I don't smell it in the old vintage one. Could be that the top notes have naturally degraded over time.

Well in 2013, GIT became more green in the top. The violet leaf they began using was actually green and leaf-like.

N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer

Semi-Retirement
Basenotes Plus
Jul 1, 2011
I hate to be the party pooper, but if you are expecting a fresh bottle, as in a 2021 bottle, you are going to be disappointed. This is especially the case if you had old(er) bottles in the past. GIT has been watered down considerably from 2016 onwards.

I can vouch on this. The 2010 bottles that I used to own which was supposed to have produced weaker batches that year was stronger the GIT that was available in the last few years.

hednic

Oct 25, 2007
Great to hear!

RedRaider430

You smell good! 😄
Basenotes Plus
Dec 18, 2011
I'm glad you like your new bottle, Jack. I haven't smelled any new GIT in years. All I have is my 2010 bottle and it's fantastic.

More potential good news with the new bottle.....when I bought my 2010 bottle (in 2011 I believe), the first time I sprayed it, it literally smelled like nothing. I could barely smell anything and what I could smell lasted only a few minutes. I was so disappointed. I couldn't figure out why people raved about GIT so much if it was such a weak fragrance.

What I did not know at the time is that GIT is (or at least used to be) one of the Creed fragrances that literally improves with age. It's as if it matures and blossoms in the bottle. I don't know if the new bottles of GIT still do this, but I would think it's very possible. So as good as your new bottle is now, you might look forward to it getting even better over the next few months as it matures. This is assuming it wasn't sprayed yet until you first sprayed it.

My bottle smells fantastic now. Interestingly, Olivier Creed used to say that the clock doesn't start ticking on a Creed fragrance's age until it has been sprayed. I don't know if you paid much attention, but it would be interesting to know if your new bottle sprayed on the first spray, or if you had to prime it a bit. If you had to prime it, I would expect it to get even better with age.

Jack Hunter

Jul 29, 2009
RedRaider430@: You know I woke up this morning with beautiful wafts of that woody violet ambergris notes greeting my nose on a start of a lovely brand new day. It's given me a spring in my step. And yes I did have to prime my new bottle. But the testament to what you were saying about the ingredients maturing in the bottle is my vintage bottle bought in 2010 from a 2008 batch. After taking your and sunny5011 advice I cleaned out the cap and let a few sprays go and that got rid of the horrid musty smell. It still has strong grassy note accord that lasts but the scent is incredibly rich and the sillage is insane. It hangs in whatever room your in.

Comparing both the new and vintage bottles. The new one is more nuanced in that you can smell the different notes from topnotes to basenotes as they transition overtime. It's still gorgeous just not as rich and intense as the vintage. The old bottle the grassy notes are more pronounced and that violet and ambergris accord is ramped up and the whole scent feels more thick and deep. With the new one I can pick up the peppermint more whilst I don't really smell it in the vintage.

Anyway a great smelling fragrance and I just wish I knew ten years ago that all I needed to get rid of the horrid musty topnotes is to clean the cap but I guess you live and learn.

Sloth

Jan 11, 2019
So I keep reading about how GIT has been watered down.
If i were to buy a brand new bottle (say from Nose Paris), what could I expect in terms of the scent progression?
I thought they did still use real ambergris (which is what set Creed apart from others?) but some seem to suggest not, so will I no longer get a rich, creamy, ambergris dry down then?
Are the green notes now screechy and over sharp (like putting your teeth on edge kind of dry/sharp?)
Thanks

PrinceRF

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Apr 3, 2020
So I keep reading about how GIT has been watered down.
If i were to buy a brand new bottle (say from Nose Paris), what could I expect in terms of the scent progression?
I thought they did still use real ambergris (which is what set Creed apart from others?) but some seem to suggest not, so will I no longer get a rich, creamy, ambergris dry down then?
Are the green notes now screechy and over sharp (like putting your teeth on edge kind of dry/sharp?)
Thanks

I'm wearing a new bottle right now and it's nice but I don't get a rich, creamy dry down. The opening is very bright and has a classic feel. In terms of progression, I feel that GIT is much more linear than it is complex. The green notes are sharp, but not overly so (isn't that the point of this scent?). It's very bright and green. In the dry down, I'm left with a huge dose of sandalwood, mainly. My nose is not the best at distinguishing notes; I'm sure there is ambergris that I'm smelling, but it's mostly woods. I still consider this to be a great scent, but I've also never tried vintage.

YRNF

Jun 4, 2021
Hey guys, I tried to find the answer on google but it kept redirecting me to this forum so here it goes:

I just recived my bottle of GIT from Notino (EU) and the batch is CM3220D01N. When I type in the batch @ checkcosmetic and checkfresh it says the batch is from 2020 and original. On checkfresh it says that the batch should be between 8 to 9 character, mine is 10.

Also I own a 100ml bottle of the Creed Aventus 10 year anniversary edition and the edges on the Aventus cap feel "smoother" than the one om my GIT bottle.

So, I might be overanalyzing this but what Im trying to determine is, is this a legit bottle of GIT? (see pics)

Thankful for your input

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

Latest News